My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Gandhi on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 am

Creation88 wrote:highly recommend Solomonster Sounds Off podcast. best wrestling podcast i've heard.

We Watch Wrestling is good but only half about wrestling, rest is just a few guys shooting the fudge. Heavy on the jokes.
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:40 am

cotis wrote:Battleground will be held in Philly on July 23rd.

password: WWEPHILLY

have to assume Rumble password will be the same and come after that.

Awesome. Thank you.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:45 pm

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... tGroupList

if anyone wants tickets for Battleground, up now.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 am

Miz/Cena was fire on Tuesday. can't believe they've made me interested in this match. Cena will win (stupid) but Miz should really get the rub considering Cena is going to leave for months. let Miz take off from this.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am

Creation88 wrote:Miz/Cena was fire on Tuesday. can't believe they've made me interested in this match. Cena will win (stupid) but Miz should really get the rub considering Cena is going to leave for months. let Miz take off from this.

but if Cena loses, it would make for an awkward moment when he proposes to Nikki after the match.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 am

hey I lost, wanna marry me?

really though, they've been engaged for months. just playing it out for Total Divas/Bellas/WWE cameras.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Anyone have predictions for Sunday? These are mine:

-Brock Lesnar over Bill Goldberg
-Randy Orton over Bray Wyatt
-The Undertaker over Roman Reigns
-John Cena & Nikki Bella over The Miz & Maryse
-Seth Rollins over HHH
-AJ Styles over Shane McMahon
-Bayley over Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax
-Kevin Owens over Chris Jericho
-Dean Ambrose over Baron Corbin
-Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson over Sheamus & Cesaro and Big Cass & Enzo Amore
-Austin Aries over Neville
-Naomi over Alexa Bilss, Mickie James, Natalya, Becky Lynch, Carmella
-Sami Zayn wins the Andre "The Giant" Memorial Battle Royal
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Anyone have predictions for Sunday? These are mine:

-Seth Rollins over HHH

Sure.
Brock
Wyatt
Roman
Cena/Bella
Rollins
AJ
Charlotte
Owens
Corbin
Enzo & Cass
A Double
Naomi
BRAUN wins Andre.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:13 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Anyone have predictions for Sunday? These are mine:

-Seth Rollins over HHH

Sure.
Brock
Wyatt
Roman
Cena/Bella
Rollins
AJ
Charlotte
Owens
Corbin
Enzo & Cass
A Double
Naomi
BRAUN wins Andre.

Brock
Wyatt
Taker
Cena/Bella
HHH
AJ
Charlotte
Owens
Corbin
Enzo & Cass
A Double
Naomi
BRAUN wins Andre.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles
Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
Hideo Itami wins Andre Memorial Battle Royal.
Naomi wins SD Womens Championship.
Neville vs. Austin Aries

Thoughts:
-interference by Rowan/Harper distract Orton. Bray wins, Wyatt Family back together.
-Brock destroys Goldberg ala Dean Ambrose beat down.
-Taker beats Roman. going against the general consensus, I don't think they'll have him pass the torch yet. maybe next year if he's got his career on the line. I think this match won't be as bad as people think.
-Cena/Nikki win, proposal. it just makes sense. they've prob been engaged for months which will be revealed next season on Total Divas.
-Rollins v. H. tons of fuckery throughout the match. Samoa Joe interference. Finn may come out for the save.
-AJ playing up being the best in the game really makes me think they're going to swerve and have Shane win. some sort of interference setting up future feud makes sense. a REAL wrestling match, AJ should win no problem. which makes me think they will drymount with the result. ref bump, high spot off some part of the set. it's Shane... something crazy gonna happen.
-Sasha wins and turns on Bayley.
-Y2J leaving for Fozzy, makes sense that Owens wins.
-Corbin has receive monster push, won Andre Battle Royal last year...been in high profile matches. really think it's his to take.
-Club retains tag tiles. Enzo and Cass aren't ready, they've been pretty stale. could see a Hardy intervention here, whether on RAW or Mania. tag divisions on SD and Raw are both stale, need something to boost it.
-Braun has it in the bag, until distracted and gets tossed out. Itami, because he's healthy ready to go and he doesn't have anything to accomplish at NXT. prob wrong, shot in the dark.
-Naomi wins in front of hometown crowd. think she would have held it until Mania if not hurt, and still gone over.
-Aries wins over Neville, gives Crusierweights some veteran presence. great match, probably match of the show.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby novascotiapower on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:11 pm

cotis wrote:-AJ playing up being the best in the game really makes me think they're going to swerve and have Shane win. some sort of interference setting up future feud makes sense. a REAL wrestling match, AJ should win no problem. which makes me think they will drymount with the result. ref bump, high spot off some part of the set. it's Shane... something crazy gonna happen.

AJ's new shirt uses red pretty liberally... whatever happens (I do think AJ will win) I see him getting "fired" from SD and going to Raw the night after Mania. Which could also make a case for Gallows/Anderson retaining and being reunited with AJ. They were split up too soon IMO.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 pm

novascotiapower wrote:
cotis wrote:-AJ playing up being the best in the game really makes me think they're going to swerve and have Shane win. some sort of interference setting up future feud makes sense. a REAL wrestling match, AJ should win no problem. which makes me think they will drymount with the result. ref bump, high spot off some part of the set. it's Shane... something crazy gonna happen.

AJ's new shirt uses red pretty liberally... whatever happens (I do think AJ will win) I see him getting "fired" from SD and going to Raw the night after Mania. Which could also make a case for Gallows/Anderson retaining and being reunited with AJ. They were split up too soon IMO.

yeah... saw the rumors of him and Roman swapping. it's funny cause I haven't watched RAW front to back in a very long time. usually just skim through on the DVR. SD I usually watch each week. better product.

hoping the shirt thing is just a coincidence...
cotis
Art Expert

Postby novascotiapower on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:43 pm

cotis wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:

yeah... saw the rumors of him and Roman swapping. it's funny cause I haven't watched RAW front to back in a very long time. usually just skim through on the DVR. SD I usually watch each week. better product.

Raw is pretty weak, wish it would go back to two hours (but it never will). Wrestlemania 32 sucked, and I think this one is going to be worse. Hoping that I am pleasantly surprised by one or two of the matches. I think Ambrose/Corbin could be interesting, Corbin had a triple threat title match with Ziggler and AJ on SD around Christmas and it was fantastic. His mic work leaves plenty to be desired, but I think him and Dean just might do something great.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm

novascotiapower wrote:
cotis wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:

Raw is pretty weak, wish it would go back to two hours (but it never will). Wrestlemania 32 sucked, and I think this one is going to be worse. Hoping that I am pleasantly surprised by one or two of the matches. I think Ambrose/Corbin could be interesting, Corbin had a triple threat title match with Ziggler and AJ on SD around Christmas and it was fantastic. His mic work leaves plenty to be desired, but I think him and Dean just might do something great.

WrestleMania 32 did suck last year and I attended. Based on the card only, I'd say 33 has got it beat. Goldberg/Lesnar alone beats 32 in my opinion. Yes it won't be a great technical match, but still better than any of the crap they spewed for us last year.

I'm not sure how many people watch NXT but these are my predictions for tomorrow:

-Bobby Roode over Shinsuke Nakamura
-Ember Moon over Asuka
-The Authors of Pain over Dash & Dawson and Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa
-Aleister Black over Andrade “Cien” Almas
-Sanity over Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose and Ruby Riot
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:14 pm

IMO, no way Asuka loses - they've been building her streak too much.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV