My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Creation88 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm

pressure mounting on WWE's relationship with Saudi Arabia in light of this journalist murder (allegedly)
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX
FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm

cotis wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Kinda surprised at the lack of mention of this on WWE TV but NXT UK will begin streaming next Wednesday, October 17 at 3pm EST.


considering WWE programming is over for the week, and it was just announced today :lol:


That's what I'm saying. I'm surprised they didn't announce it on Raw, Smackdown or even NXT last night.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Never been a Roman Reigns fan but sucks he had to drop the title like that. And now The Shield is broken up with Ambrose turning on Rollins. Meh, never been a Shield fan either. Only one I could ever tolerate is Rollins.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Never been a Roman Reigns fan but sucks he had to drop the title like that. And now The Shield is broken up with Ambrose turning on Rollins. Meh, never been a Shield fan either. Only one I could ever tolerate is Rollins.

Yeah, that is a real bad beat. Hopefully he can beat it again. What is the story line on the Ambrose turn? Are they using Ziggler and McIntyre getting in his head? Right after winning the tag team belts, seems like a weird time for a heel turn. I would have expected them to have a short run before Ambrose turned. Maybe they need more matches at the Saudi show?
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5492
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Never been a Roman Reigns fan but sucks he had to drop the title like that. And now The Shield is broken up with Ambrose turning on Rollins. Meh, never been a Shield fan either. Only one I could ever tolerate is Rollins.

Yeah, that is a real bad beat. Hopefully he can beat it again. What is the story line on the Ambrose turn? Are they using Ziggler and McIntyre getting in his head? Right after winning the tag team belts, seems like a weird time for a heel turn. I would have expected them to have a short run before Ambrose turned. Maybe they need more matches at the Saudi show?


Probably. A little surprised they're still going through with it (Crown Jewel that is) but at the end of the day, money talks.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 pm

If the latest rumors are true, then WWE has finally buckled to the mounting pressure. According to a report from New Age Insiders late on Tuesday night, WWE will be moving Crown Jewel. Rather than staging the show in Saudi Arabia as planned, the latest is that it will take place in the US, more specifically Albany, New York. WWE has not yet confirmed this.


https://www.thesportster.com/news/rumor ... stribution
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1755
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In between NYC and Boston

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 pm

It's confirmed: Crown Jewel will still be taking place in Saudi Arabia. Not surprised really.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Irishman12 wrote:It's confirmed: Crown Jewel will still be taking place in Saudi Arabia. Not surprised really.

Yeah, I wasn't holding my breath that Vince would turn down all that money. Now I am interested to see if Cena and Bryan will be holding out...
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5492
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Crowd seemed into the show. Most matches where decent, but The NXT women have much better timing than most of the WWE women. It is bad that I like it when Becky Lynch gets holes in here stockings? It is? Oh, ok.

Really need to work on Lynch’s hurt lurching around the ring. She looked like she was having some sort of a seizure while stumbling areound the ring
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5492
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:03 pm

The PPV was pretty decent last night even with the botched spots and at times production problems. Match of the night for me was Charlotte/Becky and I also enjoyed the Storm/Shirai and Sane/Baszler matches. The battle royal was kind of messy.

In other news, at least Stephanie has the balls to come right out and say it about moving forward with Crown Jewel:

“Moving forward with Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia was an incredibly tough decision, given that heinous act,” McMahon said. “But, at the end of the day, it is a business decision and, like a lot of other American companies, we decided that we’re going to move forward with the event and deliver Crown Jewel for all of our fans in Saudi Arabia and around the world.”


Also, I was surprised Hulk Hogan finally came right out and admit holding back younger talent.

“Once I got in the spot, to keep the spot, that’s where the politics came in”, Hogan revealed. “Everybody goes, `Well, Hulk Hogan was a politician.’ Well, thank God I was.

That’s why I made more money than anybody, that’s why I kept the belt longer, that’s why instead of a five or six or ten year run like The Rock or Stone Cold or different wrestlers, I had a 35 year run on top.”
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby cotis on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Charlotte v. Becky Evolution '18 > Sasha v. Bayley NXT Takeover '15.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3969
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby chaeldub on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 am

Irishman12 wrote:
Also, I was surprised Hulk Hogan finally came right out and admit holding back younger talent.

“Once I got in the spot, to keep the spot, that’s where the politics came in”, Hogan revealed. “Everybody goes, `Well, Hulk Hogan was a politician.’ Well, thank God I was.

That’s why I made more money than anybody, that’s why I kept the belt longer, that’s why instead of a five or six or ten year run like The Rock or Stone Cold or different wrestlers, I had a 35 year run on top.”


Austin had to retire due to health and The Rock left to go do movies. Hogan's net worth $25 million, The Rock's net worth $250 million. Hogan is such a knob.
User avatar
chaeldub
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia.

Postby Creation88 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 am

cotis wrote:Charlotte v. Becky Evolution '18 > Sasha v. Bayley NXT Takeover '15.


nah. Sasha/Bayley by a healthy margin. Charlotte v. Becky was definitely second though.
loved Becky's short promo last night. she's on fire right now. i almost started thinking she'd get the rub for Mania v Rousey so was kinda sad to see they're going right to it for SS.
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX
FS: BTTF II variant

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Creation88 wrote:
cotis wrote:Charlotte v. Becky Evolution '18 > Sasha v. Bayley NXT Takeover '15.


nah. Sasha/Bayley by a healthy margin. Charlotte v. Becky was definitely second though.
loved Becky's short promo last night. she's on fire right now. i almost started thinking she'd get the rub for Mania v Rousey so was kinda sad to see they're going right to it for SS.


Oh, I imagine there will be multiple combinations of Rousey, Lynch, Jax & Flair matches over the next year.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5492
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:37 pm

I hear Hulk Hogan is being advertised for Crown Jewel but WWE hasn't announced anything yet. While this could potentially be Hogan's first WWE appearance since he was blacklisted a few years ago, I think it's a bad idea having him at Crown Jewel, given the division over holding the PPV at all.

Also, rumored matches for TLC PPV in December:

– Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental Championship.

– Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre.

– Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax for the Raw Women’s Championship.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest