My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby xangelx on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Anybody going to WrestleMania this year? I went last year (my first) and it was an AWESOME experience! I saved up and did the Texas Star travel package. It hurt in the pocketbook so to speak but it was unbelievable. I'm not going again this year but I'm really going to try to go to next year's in NOLA. I wouldn't do the travel package again. Too much money, plus you can save some by piecing everything together. It's just a hassle of having to try to buy everything separately. 2 bad things about WrestleMania last year: 1) the card was awful. This year's kills it compared to last years! 2) The night ended with Reigns winning the title from HHH :hanging:


I'm super bummed on this year's card. I don't understand having 2 of your top guys (AJ and Cena) in complete throwaway matches. Such a waste. The tag divisions on both shows are awful right now and trying to get every woman on the roster into a couple of matches is not more interesting than actually building a feud to a real blow off match. At this point I'm excited to hopefully see Brock with the Gold again and I'm intrigued by Roman vs Taker though I fear a clean Roman win. Beyond that, at least on paper this seems like a horrible mania to me.

New Day Cucks. Amazing.
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2064
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm

chalkdust wrote:anybody have a link to the vid that's not all virusey?


I watched on my ipad. I can pm the link but cant vouch for the viruseyness.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5015
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Creation88 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:06 pm

do yourself a favor and go to WWE youtube and watch SouthPaw Regional Wrestling. hilarious.
User avatar
Creation88
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: TX
FS:Spirited Away/Howl's Castle set, NCFOM, BTTF II variant

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I am pretty sure most expected a Paige sex tape at some point. Bonus points for the ass play and Ménage à trois. I didn't see the women's belt in any of the shots, and I assure you I watched very carefully and many times.

I wonder what Cesaro thinks... or who he would choose as his tag team partner! You see what I did there?


I must reascend my assertion (phrasing?) above that I the belt was not visible. I was going to say that Vince was probably not happy to see it used for a cum-dump, but then I realized he is probably thrilled for the exposure and the easy excuse to fire Paige for cause. Here's hoping the other girls washed that thing in bleach before kissing it after a win...
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5015
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby cotis on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Summerslam tickets acquired, woo.

had 5th row and passed it up. couldn't justify the $600/ea this time a round.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 am

cotis wrote:Summerslam tickets acquired, woo.

had 5th row and passed it up. couldn't justify the $600/ea this time a round.


When do Rumble tix go on sale?
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7354
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 am

63schoeffling wrote:
cotis wrote:Summerslam tickets acquired, woo.

had 5th row and passed it up. couldn't justify the $600/ea this time a round.


When do Rumble tix go on sale?


next Monday RAW is in Philly. there will be a presale that night right after RAW, I would have to assume. that's what they always do.

have any friends going? tell them to pay attention during commercial breaks as they normally announce the presale password for those "in attendance".
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:19 am

cotis wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
cotis wrote:Summerslam tickets acquired, woo.

had 5th row and passed it up. couldn't justify the $600/ea this time a round.


When do Rumble tix go on sale?


next Monday RAW is in Philly. there will be a presale that night right after RAW, I would have to assume. that's what they always do.

have any friends going? tell them to pay attention during commercial breaks as they normally announce the presale password for those "in attendance".


Interesting. I thought I was going because some people through work had tix but our contact switched jobs a few weeks ago and we haven't gotten a firm "OK". So I think I will be SOL.

Trying to get front row tix so you guys can see me on camera 8)
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7354
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am

63schoeffling wrote:
cotis wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
cotis wrote:Summerslam tickets acquired, woo.

had 5th row and passed it up. couldn't justify the $600/ea this time a round.


When do Rumble tix go on sale?


next Monday RAW is in Philly. there will be a presale that night right after RAW, I would have to assume. that's what they always do.

have any friends going? tell them to pay attention during commercial breaks as they normally announce the presale password for those "in attendance".


Interesting. I thought I was going because some people through work had tix but our contact switched jobs a few weeks ago and we haven't gotten a firm "OK". So I think I will be SOL.

Trying to get front row tix so you guys can see me on camera 8)


I was ringside for NXT last year in Brooklyn, SD in Newark, Mania a few years ago at Metlife Stadium... and honestly I think it's overrated. literally unless you're in row 1, you have some asshole in front of you and to me - just wasn't enjoyable. IMO best places to sit are the first row above floor where you always see on TV, honestly can't beat that. Summerslam we are in 209 where we were last year, but no one in front of us, beautiful view of whole arena and definitely will enjoy that. then again I'll try when tickets go on regular sale and may have to flip and go to Summerslam for free :lol:

side note - was flipping through Youtube this morning and came across this promo again... the heat he had was nuclear. the only way someone could achieve that now would be to troll Chicago fans about Punk.

User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 am

Interesting.... I guess I need to see which options pop up, but I am hoping if we don't get the hammer of hammer seats, we will be in a box with free food and booze. Probably will end up going that route but baller seats at the 30th Rumble will be something special.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7354
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 am

63schoeffling wrote:Interesting.... I guess I need to see which options pop up, but I am hoping if we don't get the hammer of hammer seats, we will be in a box with free food and booze. Probably will end up going that route but baller seats at the 30th Rumble will be something special.


+2 on that, don't forget ya boi.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 am

xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Anybody going to WrestleMania this year? I went last year (my first) and it was an AWESOME experience! I saved up and did the Texas Star travel package. It hurt in the pocketbook so to speak but it was unbelievable. I'm not going again this year but I'm really going to try to go to next year's in NOLA. I wouldn't do the travel package again. Too much money, plus you can save some by piecing everything together. It's just a hassle of having to try to buy everything separately. 2 bad things about WrestleMania last year: 1) the card was awful. This year's kills it compared to last years! 2) The night ended with Reigns winning the title from HHH :hanging:


I'm super bummed on this year's card. I don't understand having 2 of your top guys (AJ and Cena) in complete throwaway matches. Such a waste. The tag divisions on both shows are awful right now and trying to get every woman on the roster into a couple of matches is not more interesting than actually building a feud to a real blow off match. At this point I'm excited to hopefully see Brock with the Gold again and I'm intrigued by Roman vs Taker though I fear a clean Roman win. Beyond that, at least on paper this seems like a horrible mania to me.

New Day Cucks. Amazing.


I hear what you're saying about the women being thrown into these matches, it's lazy. They did it last year with the IC ladder match, which wasn't a bad match, but it wasn't one of the few matches I was looking forward to either. They also do it with the pointless Andre "The Giant" Memorial Battle Royal as well. Last year Baron Corbin won it and it meant nothing. And I agree, I'm not super stoked for the tag teams matches and AJ fighting Shane is more about Shane's ego from what I hear than anything else. Remember if he beat The Undertaker last year he would run Raw? So when he lost, he still gets Smackdown? Not much on the line then really. And honestly, I'm not a Reigns or Cena fan so Cena being buried in a mix tag match is fine with me and I'm loathing the Reigns/Taker match because I can't stand either of the guys.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

cotis wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Interesting.... I guess I need to see which options pop up, but I am hoping if we don't get the hammer of hammer seats, we will be in a box with free food and booze. Probably will end up going that route but baller seats at the 30th Rumble will be something special.


+2 on that, don't forget ya boi.


Start working in insurance :pint:
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7354
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I hear what you're saying about the women being thrown into these matches, it's lazy. They did it last year with the IC ladder match, which wasn't a bad match, but it wasn't one of the few matches I was looking forward to either. They also do it with the pointless Andre "The Giant" Memorial Battle Royal as well. Last year Baron Corbin won it and it meant nothing. And I agree, I'm not super stoked for the tag teams matches and AJ fighting Shane is more about Shane's ego from what I hear than anything else. Remember if he beat The Undertaker last year he would run Raw? So when he lost, he still gets Smackdown? Not much on the line then really. And honestly, I'm not a Reigns or Cena fan so Cena being buried in a mix tag match is fine with me and I'm loathing the Reigns/Taker match because I can't stand either of the guys.


he has received a major push since winning that last year...
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

cotis wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I hear what you're saying about the women being thrown into these matches, it's lazy. They did it last year with the IC ladder match, which wasn't a bad match, but it wasn't one of the few matches I was looking forward to either. They also do it with the pointless Andre "The Giant" Memorial Battle Royal as well. Last year Baron Corbin won it and it meant nothing. And I agree, I'm not super stoked for the tag teams matches and AJ fighting Shane is more about Shane's ego from what I hear than anything else. Remember if he beat The Undertaker last year he would run Raw? So when he lost, he still gets Smackdown? Not much on the line then really. And honestly, I'm not a Reigns or Cena fan so Cena being buried in a mix tag match is fine with me and I'm loathing the Reigns/Taker match because I can't stand either of the guys.


he has received a major push since winning that last year...


Only recently has he been involved with Dean Ambrose for the IC title. What did he do for the previous 11 months? The guy's been buried, much like the Smackdown tag team titles.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests