It's My Party and I'll Hire The Beatles if I Want To 12 SHAG

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 am

Just got this in with edge damage. They used a tube with a 6" mouth. Should've gone with 3" instead. :(

What's cool is it does come with a certificate of authenticity signed by Shag!
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
omyweenis
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:19 am

Celsius wrote:Just got this in with edge damage. They used a tube with a 6" mouth. Should've gone with 3" instead. :(

Wow Celcius. You were bitching so much about the price and imagery or Aaron Horkey's ODIR. Received this Shwag piece damaged in the mail, still seem happy about it. I don't know about your taste. I live within walking distance of Nucleus and stayed away from this. This print is cool but not for that amount of money and considering it sounds like gallery fuckd up on shipping these. Cheers to all you pop icon loving fools.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 am

Couldn't believe the fatty tube. Nice packaging' print rolled with kraft paper and then bubble wrap around the roll.
Love the inks. It doesn't pop, but has a wonderful retro look/feel. I love the blue 'edging' in lots of areas of the image (e.g., on the shoulders of the boys' suit jackets - I didn't really take notice to that in the jpg's, although it's plain to see.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Rick_a_c wrote: I love the blue 'edging' in lots of areas of the image (e.g., on the shoulders of the boys' suit jackets - I didn't really take notice to that in the jpg's, although it's plain to see.
Its made to to look like the stage lights shining off of their shoulders, but it almost gives it a 3-D effect when looking at it.
Hornet
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Got mine, was damaged. Sucks
omyweenis
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I've walked into Nucleus gallery asking if they do framing. They did but sent it elsewhere to be done. I asked about UV Plexiglas, and we're unsure what it was. They said they only did glass. This gallery needs to step up their game. It seems they ruined a good chance at branching out with this Beatles print. It sucks for me cause I would really love to have a cool gallery near me for all my poster needs. Whatever, ill drive out if need be.
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 pm

omyweenis wrote:
Celsius wrote:Just got this in with edge damage. They used a tube with a 6" mouth. Should've gone with 3" instead. :(

Wow Celcius. You were bitching so much about the price and imagery or Aaron Horkey's ODIR. Received this Shwag piece damaged in the mail, still seem happy about it. I don't know about your taste. I live within walking distance of Nucleus and stayed away from this. This print is cool but not for that amount of money and considering it sounds like gallery fuckd up on shipping these. Cheers to all you pop icon loving fools.
Whoa whoa whoa. First off, ODiR is a half-assed print. This isn't. Simple as that. Second, who said I was happy about the damaged shipping? The sad face emoticon is there for a reason. Going to see if I can get a replacement.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

Hornet
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Celsius wrote: Going to see if I can get a replacement.
Good luck with that. They told me there were no more left for replacement and IF UPS decides to say the damage was their fault, then I would get a refund. Was a real half-assed attempt at customer service.
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Hornet wrote:
Celsius wrote: Going to see if I can get a replacement.
Good luck with that. They told me there were no more left for replacement and IF UPS decides to say the damage was their fault, then I would get a refund. Was a real half-assed attempt at customer service.
Really? That's terrible. I'll be going to the gallery next week to talk to them.

oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:56 pm

omyweenis wrote:

This is the most ignorant and stupid post I've seen in a long time, how shallow and stupid. if Shag is not your "taste" why comment? what is your taste anyway? i'm curious. why comment if they are happy with the print with slight damage to the edge? how do you define "pop icon loving fools"? the Beatles are pop icons? :P
Last edited by oldfartatplay on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Hornet wrote:Got mine, was damaged. Sucks
Yep. They offered to trim it for me if I sent it back
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 pm

That was nice of them.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm

oldfartatplay wrote:This is the most ignorant and stupid post I've seen in a long time ...
When I read that, I couldn't believe it wasn't referring to this.
Celsius wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. First off, ODiR is a half-assed print.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Keep in mind that's coming from a dude who only collects cartoon prints.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Looks like Nucleus got some replacements from Shag's printer. If anyone was needing replacement, you may
want to contact them soon.