Black Keys Oakland 12 Sperry Release Discussion 05/04/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Black Keys Oakland 12 Sperry - 1st

RiotAct
EB Team

Sat May 05, 2012 1:11 am

I'll be trying for this one tomorrow. What are we thinking for price... $60?
skis007
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 am

I hope, cause I'll be gunnin' for one at that price.
aivc
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 am

So how does Sperry's drop compare to say Mondo drops ? What page do I have to refresh ? I really dig this print, first sperry i'll be going for.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 10:44 am

aivc wrote:So how does Sperry's drop compare to say Mondo drops ? What page do I have to refresh ? I really dig this print, first sperry i'll be going for.
They appear on Chuck's first page at http://chucksperry.net/. When they are up, a PayPal Buy Now button appears. If you look at it now, you will see an eyeball under the description of the wallpaper. That's probably where the BN button will pop up. You can also see them under the astronaut posters that are going up today. I've found Chrome the best browser to use on my Mac bc it has some cool features like auto refresh but that's personal preference. In any case when you see it up, move fast (like REALLY fast) bc they usually go quickly (seconds). Then assuming you have one in your cart when you go to PP, you simply navigate thru the normal PP payment process.

Probably more than you asked for. Limber your fingers up!

:lol:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am

One more tip. Scroll to the area of BN button for your refreshes. Saves a few milliseconds.

Good luck...
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm

amendment aivc: Buy Now will come up right under "Signed & Numbered" - just watched the Astronaut drop go down. Took maybe 5 seconds for all 20 to sell out. (I didn't try b/c I got the reg yesterday and really like it best.)
aivc
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 5:15 pm

FroDawg wrote:
aivc wrote:So how does Sperry's drop compare to say Mondo drops ? What page do I have to refresh ? I really dig this print, first sperry i'll be going for.
They appear on Chuck's first page at http://chucksperry.net/. When they are up, a PayPal Buy Now button appears. If you look at it now, you will see an eyeball under the description of the wallpaper. That's probably where the BN button will pop up. You can also see them under the astronaut posters that are going up today. I've found Chrome the best browser to use on my Mac bc it has some cool features like auto refresh but that's personal preference. In any case when you see it up, move fast (like REALLY fast) bc they usually go quickly (seconds). Then assuming you have one in your cart when you go to PP, you simply navigate thru the normal PP payment process.

Dude, thank you so much for all the info, i'll be F5'ing tomorrow for sure, I just love this print (and it looks even better in person apparently, Sperry posted a real pic of the print).

Made a donation to EB right after reading your post :clap:

Btw, do we have a certain time window for drops ? OR is it pretty much all day ?
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm

aivc wrote:
FroDawg wrote:

Dude, thank you so much for all the info, i'll be F5'ing tomorrow for sure, I just love this print (and it looks even better in person apparently, Sperry posted a real pic of the print).

Made a donation to EB right after reading your post :clap:

Btw, do we have a certain time window for drops ? OR is it pretty much all day ?
Time window wise Chuck is usually a before noon kinda guy. Anywhere from 8 to 11 PDT is a good time to be on there refreshing. Good luck!
aldo
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 1:28 am

Also, if you have Chrome, the Page Monitor addon is like Firefox's Check 4 Change that works well.
skis007
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 1:36 am

First rule about fight club....
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun May 06, 2012 4:33 am

skis007 wrote:First rule about fight club....
THIS at least PM for fcuks sake
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
canuck
Art Freak

Sun May 06, 2012 4:36 am

Since when did newbs run the show?
aivc
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 am

canuck wrote:Since when did newbs run the show?
Since when did EB stop being a helpful community for people who like art ?

I really can't decide if you were trolling me with that time window after your last post.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 7:59 am

aivc wrote:
canuck wrote:Since when did newbs run the show?
Since when did EB stop being a helpful community for people who like art ?

I really can't decide if you were trolling me with that time window after your last post.
From memory, most of Chuck's drop's I've tried for have been between 5 - 7pm UK time, so that time window is about right.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind