Black Keys Broomfield 12 Whalen Release Discussion 04/30/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.

Postby mr_rugby on Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 am

jjbehren wrote:I got the email notification at my hotmail address at 4:18 a.m. this morning.

Email releases suck.

Same here.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5417
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Postby igotid on Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 am

Got one from the wait list from Tom....woo hoo!
User avatar
igotid
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1188
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:00 am

Postby TKuczynski on Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 am

jjbehren wrote:I got the email notification at my hotmail address at 4:18 a.m. this morning.

Email releases suck.


No, it's hotmail that sucks. Plus Tom tweeted earlier in the day that he would be doing the release by email, so there was plenty of heads up.
User avatar
TKuczynski
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1368
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am
Location: New York City
ImageImage

Postby jjbehren on Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

What good did that notice do for people on hotmail? I agree, hotmail sucks. I only use it as my junk email account. But how does a print release method that treats individuals unequally based on where they have an email account not suck as well?

This goes for twitter releases as well. Everyone gets the tweets pushed out to them at different times.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10936
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby fredo on Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 am

jjbehren wrote:What good did that notice do for people on hotmail? I agree, hotmail sucks. I only use it as my junk email account. But how does a print release method that treats individuals unequally based on where they have an email account not suck as well?


I don't think the method of delivery is to blame here. Might as well blame mondo for people with shitty connections not scoring a totoro, no?
Email addresses are cheap.
User avatar
fredo
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14227
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: NZ

Postby technique on Wed May 02, 2012 11:12 am

I'm on the wait list also but I really don't see many people not paying for or deciding not to get these, congrats everyone who got one!
User avatar
technique
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby downbytheriver on Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Received email at 1:18.

Responded "Will do, thanks" about 15 minutes later.

Tried to figure out my paypal password for half the afternoon.

Sent payment around 1:50

Woke up this morning with an enormous

+1

in my in-box.

:notworthy:
User avatar
downbytheriver
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: thebackofbeyond
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.

Postby Rick_a_c on Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Tried to figure out your paypal password for half the afternoon????
What's going on that we don't know about here, river? :P
User avatar
Rick_a_c
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7966
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby downbytheriver on Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Tried to figure out your paypal password for half the afternoon????
What's going on that we don't know about here, river? :P


So many passwords these days are requiring special characters and capitals and not certain other characters that none of my passwords match anymore - some require more than 6 letters and one number and one character etc.etc.

i.e. the number/pound character IS NOT allowed by most, so EbeansRules#1 is out...and PinchinOffda# is no good either. :wink:

i'm in the slow process of converting them to one in the same again...but presently there are about 30 variations out there.
User avatar
downbytheriver
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: thebackofbeyond
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.

Postby lukeny on Wed May 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.
User avatar
lukeny
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Postby ImAMonster on Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm

lukeny wrote:Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.

I got mine at 3:19 CST, emailed back in less than 30 seconds. Got a reply back from Tom within 3 minutes.
User avatar
ImAMonster
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm
Location: Mother's...
T.H.C. Image

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!

Postby lukeny on Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

ImAMonster wrote:
lukeny wrote:Does anyone know what time the email actually went out? I keep seeing times, but no timezone. I received my email at 4:20pm EST via Gmail. I responded in less than a minute and didn't get one. Just curious as I see a lot of people emailed back later than that. Obviously if my email was slow, my response time wouldn't matter. Further more, that does suck about those with the Hotmail accounts. It's "e-mail" you would think it would all go through at the same time, not 12 hours later.

I got mine at 3:19 CST, emailed back in less than 30 seconds. Got a reply back from Tom within 3 minutes.


So they did go that quick. He must not have had too many to sell.
User avatar
lukeny
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Postby bugula on Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Eh - not that quick. I posted my times earlier in this thread but know that I responded to Tom 3+min after receiving the email and still nabbed one.
User avatar
bugula
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Postby ihaveabadmonkey on Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 pm

I received the email at 4:18 eastern and replied that I sent payment at 4:21. Got an email back from Tom at 4:27 that he received my payment.
User avatar
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:15 am
Location: Long Island,New York

Postby jjbehren on Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

I got the email on gmail at 3:21 CST.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10936
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Release Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: choptank, yps and 1 guest