Beatles Yellow Submarine Folio 12 Whalen Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:10 pm

My Elite arrived today as well!!! :D Crazy that the Postal tracking still states shipment notification received. Can't believe I almost got sold out on this set... my set is numbered in the 60's.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 pm

i really wanted the Elite set but they were too pricey for my pockets. got the regular version and it just arrived to my permanent address yesterday. can't wait to crack it open and see the print in person. even the gf is excited about them! :lol:
gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm

My variant set arrived today. I'm blown-the-drymount-away by the beauty and detail of every print. The colors pop with such electricity that they look plugged in. Whalen is the man! :clap:
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Was discussed in the comments thread but did your prints get rounded edges due to the box? My COA is pretty banged up too.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Still waiting on the variant edition, you guys have to sign for them? My tracking hasn't updated since June 21st
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
mindtrick33
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 am

Waiting on Variant as well.
Good luck on future drops
bkboy77
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:03 am

timc wrote:Still waiting on the variant edition, you guys have to sign for them? My tracking hasn't updated since June 21st
No. my tracking hasn't updated but decided to show up on my door last Wednesday. No sig required.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 am

My COA was banged up but the prints were fine.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am

An Elite 68 box has landed in the ATL. Awesome! And the packaging was outstanding. No damage to the COA, and the few tiny, tiny corner 'dings' mine have (at most 1/32" at the very corner tip of a few corners) look to be a result of the inside dimensions of the box pinching the corners of the prints ever so slightly. Nothing to get riled up over, for sure. The sizing of the box is actually perfect for shipping & storing the posters. There is absolutely no slide room inside the box - the images are snug all the way around. I'm undecided about whether to keep the prints in the box, separated by the wax paper sheets as they were packed, or transfer the posters to my 18x24 storage bags with acid free backings. I know they are safe in the box, but it's going to be more difficult/time consuming to look at them (prior to framing) with them in the box, so I'll probably transfer them to the bags. Either way, I'll obviously store the set box in the shipping box with all the bubble wrap, etc.

Now I'm thinking of springing for a regular edition set while they're still available. I was always torn between the regular and elite. I had printed all of the images side-by-side for the regular, variant and elite sets to closely examine them prior to the drop and determine which I liked best. I never considered the variant set, but I see lots of reasons for me personally to snag the regular and the elite. Decisions, decisions.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
strongstuff
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 am

glad you guys are finally getting to see these in person.

i think most of you will agree that the jpegs do the actual prints no justice. kudos to D&L.

thanks again for all of the support.
timc
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:26 am

Rick_a_c wrote:An Elite 68 box has landed in the ATL. Awesome! And the packaging was outstanding. No damage to the COA, and the few tiny, tiny corner 'dings' mine have (at most 1/32" at the very corner tip of a few corners) look to be a result of the inside dimensions of the box pinching the corners of the prints ever so slightly. Nothing to get riled up over, for sure. The sizing of the box is actually perfect for shipping & storing the posters. There is absolutely no slide room inside the box - the images are snug all the way around. I'm undecided about whether to keep the prints in the box, separated by the wax paper sheets as they were packed, or transfer the posters to my 18x24 storage bags with acid free backings. I know they are safe in the box, but it's going to be more difficult/time consuming to look at them (prior to framing) with them in the box, so I'll probably transfer them to the bags. Either way, I'll obviously store the set box in the shipping box with all the bubble wrap, etc.

Now I'm thinking of springing for a regular edition set while they're still available. I was always torn between the regular and elite. I had printed all of the images side-by-side for the regular, variant and elite sets to closely examine them prior to the drop and determine which I liked best. I never considered the variant set, but I see lots of reasons for me personally to snag the regular and the elite. Decisions, decisions.
Rick thanks for the detailed review!! Looking forward to when mine arrive!
America First.
timc
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 am

mindtrick33 wrote:Waiting on Variant as well.
Tracking updated their in Richmond CA?? Never heard of Richmond Ca
America First.
wegchef

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 pm

bkboy77 wrote:Was discussed in the comments thread but did your prints get rounded edges due to the box? My COA is pretty banged up too.
Mine as well, I'm not real happy, $700 dollars for this set and there were only two edges out of 20 that weren't bent. Has anyone tried to contact dark hall mansion about this. My COA looks like someone's dog ate it.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

wegchef wrote:
bkboy77 wrote:Was discussed in the comments thread but did your prints get rounded edges due to the box? My COA is pretty banged up too.
Mine as well, I'm not real happy, $700 dollars for this set and there were only two edges out of 20 that weren't bent. Has anyone tried to contact dark hall mansion about this. My COA looks like someone's dog ate it.
Welcome to EB. Haven't contacted DHM yet. Doubt they have a replacement for the Elites.

Here's a link to their contact page for your convenience...

http://www.darkhallmansion.com/?page_id=9

Keep us posted on what they have to say about this issue.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Not to add fuel to the fire, but soft corners are almost inevitable with boxed sets. That is, unless they decide to go all out with inner packaging. Loose prints in a box are almost always received with soft corners.

$.02.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral