Beatles Yellow Submarine Folio 12 Whalen Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 pm

^ Good point
Noticed this with the Shep boxsets as well
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
halokiti
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

First time I'm seriously :( about items I've received ( :( like after seeing Indy 4 if anyone needs a comparison). I've already contacted DHM.

All of the COAs for the three sets I ordered were dinged up, one has a significant bent in the corner. Not sure if it was done during transport or prior. Similar to the others, a lot of the prints have soft corners. The two regular yellow boxes has wrinkles on it like the yellow part of the box was not glued properly to the box. The package for the Elite was bent during transport, it goes from the outside to the inside. The top and bottom of the box is bent, luckily the prints made it through fine. One of my prints for the regular set has an obvious printing mistake caused by a fiber/hair and scratches/scuffs from removing the fiber/hair. Funny enough one of the prints in the Elite set is numbered incorrectly, like Tom had a brain fart while signing and numbering.

After all the hype, the cost, and the time it took for the prints to arrive, I expected better. This is not a knock on the artwork b/c they look amazing. I just hope others don't have as many issues as I have.

***DHM responded really fast and the e-mail got sorted into the spam folder. :oops: I'm sure we'll work something out.
Last edited by halokiti on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 pm

halokiti wrote:First time I'm seriously :( about items I've received ( :( like after seeing Indy 4 if anyone needs a comparison). I've already contacted DHM.

All of the COAs for the three sets I ordered were dinged up, one has a significant bent in the corner. Not sure if it was done during transport or prior. Similar to the others, a lot of the prints have soft corners. The two regular yellow boxes has wrinkles on it like the yellow part of the box was not glued properly to the box. The package for the Elite was bent during transport, it goes from the outside to the inside. The top and bottom of the box is bent, luckily the prints made it through fine. One of my prints for the regular set has an obvious printing mistake caused by a fiber/hair and scratches/scuffs from removing the fiber/hair. Funny enough one of the prints in the Elite set is numbered incorrectly, like Tom had a brain fart while signing and numbering.

After all the hype, the cost, and the time it took for the prints to arrive, I expected better. This is not a knock on the artwork b/c they look amazing. I just hope others don't have as many issues as I have.
Sounds like movement during shipping on corners, someone else noted this can happen with other sets like Shep Fairey's too on boxed sets,
but that fiber in the print stuff is just a printer's error, sure DHM will sort you out there, they're really good about responding and squaring away
collectors on any probs.
jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

They did not hesitate to replace my COA. My prints are in fantastic condition once I pulled them all out.

Just wanted to update my situation.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Great news JB!

:clap:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 am

Both my regular and pink variant arrived in the UK today , delighted with them , and as mentioned by someone earlier i was surprised with the sheer bulk of them.

Plus points ...

Great vibrant colours on both..

Supurb quality presentation boxes , real sturdy and substantial, and likewise the shipping box used to protect the whole shebang in transit.

All round great product.

Minus points...

Only 2 really , and both have been mentioned by previous posters...

Both my COA were all-4-corner-dinged, i could hear the thing banging around inside the box as i was handling it to carefully slice open the taped shipping box seams....the pink was the worse.

Ive actually stored the COA outside the presentation box so that its held in place by the friction of the bubblewrap box protection rather than put it back inside the box to freely bang around anymore. I think DHM should have shipped them this way in the first place and saved us from whinging about it ....its seems a universal problem with a fairly simple solution? .....or even have slipped them into 10p oversized cheap plastic folders would have protected them.

My other slight gripe , again already mentioned by a previous poster , is that I have two fairly large air bubbles trapped under the covering of the Yellow box (the pink box is fine) .....difficult one to know what to do really , as I can appreciate that given the substantial weight and quality of the presentation boxes they would have been expensive to simply keep on throwing them away if they were not 100% perfect , however , given the price of the sets maybe we were entitled to expect perfection?.....

Agh , bugger it , minor gripes really , on the whole I very happy with the sets and am really pleased i went for both ...

Nice one Tom , nice one DHM ...thanks.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 am

Just heard back from DHM. They will be sending a replacement COA for me as well. One of the best customer service in the industry. :clap:
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
timc
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Whew!! My variant set arrived today MINTY fresh!! Solid 4 corners on all prints!!!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm

I got my Yellow Submarine boxset today. The prints are beautiful and apart from some very minor corner dings, all in the same corner, they look in great shape. The box seems 100% but the same can't be said about the certificate which has all 4 corners battered where it has obviously been moving around inside the box. After reading some other comments on here, I have just emailed Dark Hall mansion to see if a replacement can be sent.
duceman

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

bet these will sell fast now that they are up on the Beatles website...
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am

pking1601 wrote:I got my Yellow Submarine boxset today. The prints are beautiful and apart from some very minor corner dings, all in the same corner, they look in great shape. The box seems 100% but the same can't be said about the certificate which has all 4 corners battered where it has obviously been moving around inside the box. After reading some other comments on here, I have just emailed Dark Hall mansion to see if a replacement can be sent.
Those people at DHM are mega quick at replying. They were very courteous and are more than happy to replace my COA. I'm really pleased with that outcome as a mint certificate will finish off the set beautifully. And I can't speak highly enough of their customer service.
halokiti
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 pm

First time I'm seriously about items I've received ( like after seeing Indy 4 if anyone needs a comparison). I've already contacted DHM.

***DHM responded really fast and the e-mail got sorted into the spam folder. I'm sure we'll work something out.
Update: I've been in touch with DHM since my last post. They have been super quick with the responses and very courteous. I've gotten e-mails from them in the middle of the night. Top-notch customer service.

I received my replacement boxes yesterday, took me a good ten minutes to get to the boxes themselves. The boxes are perfect this time. They are in the process of getting new COAs, replacing the print with the printing error, and figuring out if something can be done about the mis-numbered print.

2nd Update: They e-mailed back again, said they are sending out two new prints. And is waiting for Tom to sign new COAs. Also they must subscribe to this thread (they are always watching).
bkboy77
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm

elite 68 on the bay ending in 4 hrs. still under cost. Someone might get a good deal.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
woodyland
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm

It ended slightly over cost but the variant ended @ about $250 :shock:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir