Junta Record Store Day Release 12 Pollock Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:27 pm

mixmastermarflow2001 wrote:
FroDawg wrote:I love this image. Think Jim will post this for sale?

Buddy for which record, TBK? Long-shot since I'm traveling home on Sat but might try to find a local record store open when I get back in town.
This is in the Junta release on record store day right? Unfortunately I live in Phish mecca and will be working weird hours during the release. I think the record store in Dtown Burlington is having a midnight release. Not sure if Jim will be releasing any of these or not. Vintage Pollock sauce right there.
Brain fart on my question (forgot the subject here!). If I get by the store I will pick Junta up if available. Don't hold your breath but I would like to pick up a few items and support the locals.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
mixmastermarflow2001
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 pm

FroDawg wrote:
mixmastermarflow2001 wrote:
FroDawg wrote:I love this image. Think Jim will post this for sale?

Buddy for which record, TBK? Long-shot since I'm traveling home on Sat but might try to find a local record store open when I get back in town.
This is in the Junta release on record store day right? Unfortunately I live in Phish mecca and will be working weird hours during the release. I think the record store in Dtown Burlington is having a midnight release. Not sure if Jim will be releasing any of these or not. Vintage Pollock sauce right there.
Brain fart on my question (forgot the subject here!). If I get by the store I will pick Junta up if available. Don't hold your breath but I would like to pick up a few items and support the locals.
Word FroDawg. Whether you make it or not I appreciate it.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 am

my record store guy put a Pollock LP edition aside for me. pumped!
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 am

dmm8878 wrote:my record store guy put a Pollock LP edition aside for me. pumped!
Nice! I'm not having a lot of luck finding any down in OC. Probably roll up to Long Beach for the 6 a.m. cattle call and keep my fingers crossed :twisted:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
haven
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am

I really don't want to have to get up early on a Saturday. With 2500 the aftermarket can't be too bad, right?
mixmastermarflow2001
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 am

haven wrote:I really don't want to have to get up early on a Saturday. With 2500 the aftermarket can't be too bad, right?
Id say after the initial hysteria settles, as always, it shouldnt be too insane. Dont quote me on that though.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:41 am

i would like one of these if anyone can score an extra i would be appreciative
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am

dmm8878 wrote:my record store guy put a Pollock LP edition aside for me. pumped!
I was told this for the Hold Steady LP that was the big ticket jawn a couple years ago, then when my old store got less than they ordered, the employees kept the copies for themselves. Big part of my hate for RSD. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

As for aftermarket prices, with an edition of 2,500 this seems like it could be a huge future failip. The Hold Steady LP I mentioned is an edition of 600 and settled back down to around retail not too long after. Obviously there's more Phish fans than Hold Steady, but I still think buying this just to flip could be a bad choice.
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:03 am

I'ma get in line early tomorrow for the hell of it and will try to help one of you phools if you like. The fact that your band sucks ass anymore shouldn't keep you from having the necessary swag. Also I can still listen to most of Junta.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 am

fredo wrote:I'ma get in line early tomorrow for the hell of it and will try to help one of you phools if you like. The fact that your band sucks ass anymore shouldn't keep you from having the necessary swag. Also I can still listen to most of Junta.
how crazy is the line at twist & shout?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

I'm going to wait in line......not all morning, but for a while.

this record seems kind of pricey though......just my opinion.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
fredo wrote:I'ma get in line early tomorrow for the hell of it and will try to help one of you phools if you like. The fact that your band sucks ass anymore shouldn't keep you from having the necessary swag. Also I can still listen to most of Junta.
how crazy is the line at twist & shout?
Insane, but I don't know when people start lining up. I'll try 7-ish.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am

fredo wrote:Insane, but I don't know when people start lining up. I'll try 7-ish.
so if i show up at 10, its pointless?

i just want the Panic record really
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:26 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
fredo wrote:Insane, but I don't know when people start lining up. I'll try 7-ish.
so if i show up at 10, its pointless?

i just want the Panic record really
The hot items go quick I think, but they also bring stuff out throughout the day. I'll grab the Panic and drop it at Furthur if you want.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:29 am

fredo wrote:The hot items go quick I think, but they also bring stuff out throughout the day. I'll grab the Panic and drop it at Furthur if you want.
please & thank you! :notworthy: