Junta Record Store Day Release 12 Pollock Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
fredo
Art God

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah, but being an ace studio band isn't easy or something to sneeze at. Phish isn't so great at either. I used to not think so, but I've heard a few boots recently from then and now and they are universally dull as fudge. They should be executed for attempting Quadrophenia- man did that hurt. Far as the vocals go...let's not even touch that subject.

Anyhow- I still like Junta and a few tunes on Rift/Nectar. Good luck with the search.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm

[quote="fredo"]Yeah, but being an ace studio band isn't easy or something to sneeze at.

agreed. nothing but respect for anyone who can do something that i can't....and there are MANY of them. anyway, sweet pollock print. like to see him drawing like this. congrats to all that scored and death to whomever allocated "evenly" the prints to individual stores.
ksn
Art Expert

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Been following this on ebay just out of curiosity and the price really jumped overnight. Seems to be going for $250-350 now.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm

ksn wrote:Been following this on ebay just out of curiosity and the price really jumped overnight. Seems to be going for $250-350 now.
and seems to be settling at a lot more than to be expected on a large print run - appreciate the person on this site who sold me a copy for a fair price.

Since these are record sets- the price rise could be attributed to the beauty of the music-- probably the real story 8)
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Finally grabbed a Pollock ed. on the 'Bay for a cool $100. Sweetness! :cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am

comountaingolf wrote:Finally grabbed a Pollock ed. on the 'Bay for a cool $100. Sweetness! :cheers:
good dealI i'm kinda surprised the price has come down so much. that little print is such classic Pollock art, and it's a signed block print. nevermind the vinyl. either way, psyched i own it. can't wait to eventually get it on a wall. congrats.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 am

Seems as if I ended up with 2 slabs of side C and D and no side E slab, thus no Fluffhead on vinyl... oh, what is a man to do... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <