Black Keys New York 12 Fairey Release Discussion 03/12/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:21 pm

igotid wrote:
I doubt it....Looks like the average is $360/set....
Didn't realize they were going for that much. Should've checked before I opened my fat yap.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
artchase

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

+1 on the portrait but passed on the live. seems to me that fans are keeping this and flipping the 2nd one
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:26 pm

I went to both of the MSG shows and scored matching numbers. Very happy that I don't have to go crazy for them today.
golobulus
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I think there is a proxy at my office that times out during the "submit order" phase. I'm going to try again this afternoon using my phone.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:29 pm

ihaveabadmonkey wrote:I went to both of the MSG shows and scored matching numbers. Very happy that I don't have to go crazy for them today.
Don't rub it in dude. I remember you saying that the merch guy dug your match out on the 2d go-round. VERY nice work...congrats. Framing them?
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

FroDawg wrote:
ihaveabadmonkey wrote:I went to both of the MSG shows and scored matching numbers. Very happy that I don't have to go crazy for them today.
Don't rub it in dude. I remember you saying that the merch guy dug your match out on the 2d go-round. VERY nice work...congrats. Framing them?
Yeah, I have a few that need to get done, but my wife is almost ready to pop out our kid so that is taking priority right now.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

sidewaysscott wrote: :D
spoken fer
Last edited by sidewaysscott on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Carted one- checked out. Carted the other- checked out.
3G or bust!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 pm

So there is 550 edition for the show prints and a 550 edition for the artists prints?
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 pm

ihaveabadmonkey wrote:
FroDawg wrote:
Yeah, I have a few that need to get done, but my wife is almost ready to pop out our kid so that is taking priority right now.
Got your priorities in the right place and congrats. That's a remarkable part of life and those little people are great teachers. My "kids" are 28 and 26 and I still remember those days like they were last week.

BUT, please tell us that your avatar pic was not taken at the moment of conception. Sorry, you teed yourself up for that one monkey.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
igotid
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 pm

ihaveabadmonkey wrote:So there is 550 edition for the show prints and a 550 edition for the artists prints?

Good question....
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

alteridiom wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
hawk123 wrote:Weird how they both dropped at the same time.
Why would they not release at the same time?
Because they stated they would drop one early and one later.
Tomorrow’s print release will occur at two separate times during the day. Once in the morning between 10am and 12noon and once in the late afternoon between 3 and 5. All times are Pacific Standard Time. Good Luck!
Didn't think it meant both each time. I took it as one poster for each time.
Got the portrait but missed the other.
Will have to go back this afternoon now.
I did nt read it that way. I read two separate drop times, not a different drop time for each print.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 pm

sasquatch wrote:
alteridiom wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
hawk123 wrote:Weird how they both dropped at the same time.
Why would they not release at the same time?
Because they stated they would drop one early and one later.
Tomorrow’s print release will occur at two separate times during the day. Once in the morning between 10am and 12noon and once in the late afternoon between 3 and 5. All times are Pacific Standard Time. Good Luck!
Didn't think it meant both each time. I took it as one poster for each time.
Got the portrait but missed the other.
Will have to go back this afternoon now.
I did nt read it that way. I read two separate drop times, not a different drop time for each print.
+1... plus if they did it the with different drop times for each print it would be a nightmare to get matching #s to people
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm

i assume there is 550 of each total. 1100 posters between BK and Shep.
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Went for the portrait first, got it, then placed a different order for the Live...that one took its sweet time going through, but it went. Shot them an email to see about matching #'s, hopefully it works out. Just glad I didn't have to hit the secondary market for these! :rock: