Back To The Future Set 12 Phantom City Creative Release Disc

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.

Postby dylansdad on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:23 am

The art is the same, but they are often signed, as in this case. The Mondo copies will not be signed.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Postby wmd on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:32 am

dylansdad wrote:The art is the same, but they are often signed, as in this case. The Mondo copies will not be signed.


Doh. I just dropped my ken Taylor gremlins AP and my Ansin drac AP to the printers.... Totally forgot to look for sigs.

Any ideas if those prints are signed?
User avatar
wmd
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: los angeles

Postby dylansdad on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 am

Well, Ansin and Taylor aren't in the US, and so their APs aren't signed, actually. Some artists receive their prints to sign and sell on their own (Olly Moss has done this, and PCC). But Ansin and Taylor have their copies sold for them through postersandtoys and the prints don't leave the country to get signed.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 am

wmd wrote:
dylansdad wrote:The art is the same, but they are often signed, as in this case. The Mondo copies will not be signed.


Doh. I just dropped my ken Taylor gremlins AP and my Ansin drac AP to the printers.... Totally forgot to look for sigs.

Any ideas if those prints are signed?



they are not
as Ken lives in Australia

and Ansin, the Moon.

AS for the BTTF prints, i cannot wait to go collect the prints myself from PCC. In store pickup for the win.

Pretty crazy prices, one AP set just sold for 400 today
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 am

dylansdad wrote:Well, Ansin and Taylor aren't in the US, and so their APs aren't signed, actually. Some artists receive their prints to sign and sell on their own (Olly Moss has done this, and PCC). But Ansin and Taylor have their copies sold for them through postersandtoys and the prints don't leave the country to get signed.


obviously stout being the king of this
as he is the only artist who gets regular run prints to sell as well

i heard tyler has close to 50% of the prints to sell for his most recent mondo piece
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby dylansdad on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 am

Stout does lotteries, and I don't have much luck with them.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 am

dylansdad wrote:Stout does lotteries, and I don't have much luck with them.



he could have upwards of 400 prints for this upcoming onsale

i bet due to is exclusivity stout battled to have a large junk of prints so he could send it to the his fans

you better believe no posters will be won by anyone in austin
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby wmd on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 am

Are there ideas when the Stouttery will be?
User avatar
wmd
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: los angeles

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 am

wmd wrote:Are there ideas when the Stouttery will be?



"i will have some wrath of khan posters for sale later this month probably. "
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby Wawaad on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 am

any news on BTTF shipping yet?
User avatar
Wawaad
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby RiotAct on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:57 am

Rebafeind wrote:
dylansdad wrote:Stout does lotteries, and I don't have much luck with them.



he could have upwards of 400 prints for this upcoming onsale

i bet due to is exclusivity stout battled to have a large junk of prints so he could send it to the his fans

you better believe no posters will be won by anyone in austin


Wanna bet? :)
User avatar
RiotAct
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17458
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Image

1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:30 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Rebafeind wrote:
dylansdad wrote:Stout does lotteries, and I don't have much luck with them.



he could have upwards of 400 prints for this upcoming onsale

i bet due to is exclusivity stout battled to have a large junk of prints so he could send it to the his fans

you better believe no posters will be won by anyone in austin


Wanna bet? :)



ok, there will be very few sent to austin, what could we bet? and whose gonna keep score :shock:
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby readicculus86 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Rebafeind wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Rebafeind wrote:
dylansdad wrote:Stout does lotteries, and I don't have much luck with them.



he could have upwards of 400 prints for this upcoming onsale

i bet due to is exclusivity stout battled to have a large junk of prints so he could send it to the his fans

you better believe no posters will be won by anyone in austin


Wanna bet? :)



ok, there will be very few sent to austin, what could we bet? and whose gonna keep score :shock:


I'll wager two h3tty burritos that some poeple in Austin will score. :lol:
User avatar
readicculus86
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1079
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Postby Rebafeind on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

this is a bet i could make
however, again, we make a thread about who in austin scored?
User avatar
Rebafeind
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Postby andrewlasane on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:08 pm

So these should ship sometime before...2013?
andrewlasane
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PreviousNext

Return to Release Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests