Super Mario 12 Moss Release Discussion 02/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
TheGrandWazoo40
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 am

Nah, I doubt I'll even try for the drop, if there is one that is, still haven't had my question answered. I'm just curious cause if it isn't over priced and drops at a time that works for me, and I have the cash to spend, I might think about picking this one up. Like I said in my first post Olly's stuff is really hit or miss for me. I just stumbled on this site the other day, doesn't have anything to do with a certain print. Like I also said I usually stick to concert posters so Mr.Moss has never gotten business from me, not that he needs it. Only prints of his that I truly want are the 'Evil Dead', 'Star Wars' (but who doesn't?), and the one he did for 'Moon' other than that, not many of his prints do it for me. The ones for 'Rocky' and 'Dirty Harry' are cool too, but not something I'd personally hang on my wall. Different strokes for different folks though!
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 am

50 at G88 on Friday reg

Rest Olly will most likely drop himself.

the other Mario post has a lot of info.. Other questions.. More hijinx
TheGrandWazoo40
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 am

Nice. How much do his prints usually run for? Like I've said I've never even tried to get one of his.
zonnie5
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 am

TheGrandWazoo40 wrote:Another first time poster right over here!

Are these only gonna be available at the show you are talking about? Or will they go up on Mondo as well? I like the looks of them, Moss' are usually really hit or miss for me, I'm surprised to find out how big he is currently. I really do dig how some of his images make other images, optical illusion'd, I wish dude would go into the realm of concert posters though cause that's what I'm mainly interested in.
It's not a Mondo drop. So i would doubt it will be on Mondo's site. It's for the g1988 show in Cali. For the Adult swim show where he had the Venture Bros print, they had 50 which sold out at the show. Olly had the remaining sold on a different site at a random time which sold out very quickly as well. Im assuming the same will happen for these....and possibly the zelda ones

BTW he has done posters for bands and concerts.

For print drops from artists twitter is your friend.

Id love to get this and the Zelda prints. both look sweet.
rootona
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

at what time is the release. I'm from france and i want to know if i have to wake up in the midle of the night. :D
zonnie5
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 pm

rootona wrote:at what time is the release. I'm from france and i want to know if i have to wake up in the midle of the night. :D
nothing is known about release times. No on line release is scheduled. I wouldn't holdd my breath for a g1988 release.
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 pm

This should get interesting.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

But when's the online drop?
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 pm

[/sarcasm]
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
TheGrandWazoo40
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 pm

zonnie5 wrote:
TheGrandWazoo40 wrote:Another first time poster right over here!

Are these only gonna be available at the show you are talking about? Or will they go up on Mondo as well? I like the looks of them, Moss' are usually really hit or miss for me, I'm surprised to find out how big he is currently. I really do dig how some of his images make other images, optical illusion'd, I wish dude would go into the realm of concert posters though cause that's what I'm mainly interested in.
It's not a Mondo drop. So i would doubt it will be on Mondo's site. It's for the g1988 show in Cali. For the Adult swim show where he had the Venture Bros print, they had 50 which sold out at the show. Olly had the remaining sold on a different site at a random time which sold out very quickly as well. Im assuming the same will happen for these....and possibly the zelda ones

BTW he has done posters for bands and concerts.

For print drops from artists twitter is your friend.

Id love to get this and the Zelda prints. both look sweet.

Really? I don't see any on his site or anything which led me to assume. I see I see, thanks for clearing that up, is twitter really the best way?? I find the site to be beyond stupid and have never gone on there... Really don't want to subject myself to having an account...
cultur3warrior
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm

So there is only the 50 reg being sold? No variants?
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I doubt any will make it onto the G1988 web store.
cultur3warrior
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:24 am

machination wrote:I doubt any will make it onto the G1988 web store.
Dang. :cry:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:58 am

cultur3warrior wrote:
I hope it's not true because Moss' work is hard to get as it is via his web site.
Sounds like everyone attending the show is picking up one of these.
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 am

machination wrote:
cultur3warrior wrote:
I hope it's not true because Moss' work is hard to get as it is via his web site.
Sounds like everyone attending the show is picking up one of these.
He doesn't necessarily have to release it on his own site. The Bat was released on Posters and Toys. I would assume the same for this one, but that's all I'm doing - assuming.