Dracula 11 Ansin Release Discussion 12/30/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Just finished putting this together. The photos aren't my best, but I was excited to share :D. I'll get some better ones later. This was my first time using museum glass, and it's going to take awhile to get all the smudges :evil:. The frame has some red in it, which is hard to tell in the 1st two photos. The bottom mat is not a perfect match but it looks pretty damn close in person. The bottom photo makes it look a little farther off.

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 pm

:clap:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Absolutely awesome. Love the bottom mat choice, I think it was a great idea. :clap: Maybe you can add it to the Framed Uni Monsters thread :wink:
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Tremendous!
this aggression will not stand, man.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Looks great KSU! I think I'll be "borrowing" from you framing setup. :P

I always thought this poster looked better without the border showing, even if you have to cover the edition numbering. Nice choice!
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm

FlapJack wrote:Looks great KSU! I think I'll be "borrowing" from you framing setup. :P

I always thought this poster looked better without the border showing, even if you have to cover the edition numbering. Nice choice!
The numbering is in the black, so it's still visible 8). The only thing that's covered is the Universal logo and copyright stuff going up the lower right corner. I seem to remember that maybe the APs were numbered in the border, though. Is yours an AP?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 am

Fribbin' amazing frame-up. :clap: :clap: :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
skis007
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 1:44 am

That is such a beautiful sight. How difficult is doing your own framing? If I had space I would love to try to do this.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 8:38 am

rmoore wrote:
KSUvet wrote:Just finished putting this together.
American Frame or what? :clap:
This one was all over the place. I got one mat from AF with a big order of clearance stuff. I couldn't find a moulding I liked online, so that was from a local place along with the backing and second mat. The glass was from Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon, ftw).
skis007 wrote:That is such a beautiful sight. How difficult is doing your own framing? If I had space I would love to try to do this.
I think it's simultaneously rewarding and frustrating. The hardest thing to me is eliminating the dust particles, especially with the static created if you're using plexiglass.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 4:14 pm

KSUvet wrote: I think it's simultaneously rewarding and frustrating. The hardest thing to me is eliminating the dust particles, especially with the static created if you're using plexiglass.
Sums it up perfectly. The particles on the plexi is enough to drive a sane person mad.