Stampede 11 Keyes Release Discussion 11/14/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:44 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:Looks great to me!
Is the spacer in-between the mats or b/w mat and glass?
Between the mats.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 pm

jlabbate wrote:
Xander wrote:
mike123230 wrote:For those that have already taken this to a framer, what should I be expecting the damage to be?
I'd say between $500 - $900, but it will depend on the customizations you want.
Mine was less but my framer hooked me up slightly over cost since I've given him a bunch of business/Referrals this year
But yeah expect that range esp. If you want museum quality glass
Which will easily push it into the higher end of the spectrum
Yeah, mine was on the high end of that spectrum. 2 mats and museum glass after all. The frame was hand delivered to my house by my framer when it was done though. So that was nice.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm

I got mine back from the framer last night, just before leaving for the holidays. Barely had a chance to snap a quick phone picture and then I had to pack:
KeyesStampede.JPG
Went with a bit simpler approach - floated with a wood frame and UV plexi. First time I've used these guys for framing and the price came in towards the lower range of what people have been quoting. Very happy with the work.

I didn't have a chance to admire the print much before I dropped it off, and I have to say that it's amazing up close. Also, for those who haven't seen one in person - it is massive. Makes my decently sized TV in the background look tiny.
T.H.C.
karza
Art Expert

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:37 pm

I just finished hanging mine up
here is what it looks like with a matte

Subwire
Art Expert

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:29 pm

:drool: Cant wait to frame mine.
Xander
Art Expert

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Mat, float or shadow box . . . what to do, what to do.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:09 am

i was planning to float it in a 1 inch shadowbox, but that matted version looks great, and I would feel better about it matted, always worry about floated items, just a question of when will they fall inside the frame.

I was planning on UV plexi, seems like the weight on the glass is more than I want to deal with. I got quoted 450 in NYC from a guy who has done decent work for me before.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:27 am

UV plexi is a good product and all, especially if you live in an earthquake-prone area. But if weight alone is your worry then I wouldn't stress out about glass, unless there is some readily apparent problem with your wall. As long as you use a hanger that's rated for the weight of the framed print, you'll be fine. They have hangers that can go over 50 lbs, and I doubt Stampede would top 20 lbs. (I've got a print hanging which is much bigger than Stampede with conservation clear glass and that probably doesn't weigh more than 20 lbs.)
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:10 pm

That looks really sharp Karza....nice job.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 pm

karza wrote:I just finished hanging mine up

Karza-Looks nice. But hope you don't mind me making a friendly suggestion that you might want to have your framer take a look at what is going on in the upper left hand corner where the top and left sides come together. You shouldn't be able to see that split so much there. I had that happen once and took it back and they realized that they hadn't cut the plexi correctly so it was uneven and it was causing a split like that. Then again, it could also just be the light on it the wrong way. Just didn't want to not mention it at all if it could help possibly. Take care.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:12 am

karza wrote:I just finished hanging mine up

that looks superb karza. :clap: mine will come back from the framer looking very similiar to that.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
ceroxol
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:46 am

Some really nice framing options here - can't wait to get my print (which is stuck in Norwegian customs :evil: )
swabie2424
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

SurfingJeff wrote: Went with a bit simpler approach - floated with a wood frame and UV plexi. First time I've used these guys for framing and the price came in towards the lower range of what people have been quoting. Very happy with the work.

I didn't have a chance to admire the print much before I dropped it off, and I have to say that it's amazing up close. Also, for those who haven't seen one in person - it is massive. Makes my decently sized TV in the background look tiny.
Sweet job, man. Looks terrific!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
henryelph

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am

Any others framed would love to see
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Mine is flattening as we speak. Should be going to the framer next week.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage