Jurassic Park 11 Richard Release Discussion 10/27/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

labonte wrote:4 am would be random too...but that would have just f#ck'd everybody, instead they just f#ck'd west coast
labonte you've been around long enough to remember the weird ass middle of the night Mondo drops of years past. Sometimes random actually means random.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am

You know, there was a time Mondo dropped everything unannounced at midnight (10pm west coast) ... so, they have a long way to go to really screw us west coasters over.

That said, I'm glad I wasn't trying for this. Sorry to all those that missed.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
labonte
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

ironjaiden wrote:
labonte wrote:4 am would be random too...but that would have just f#ck'd everybody, instead they just f#ck'd west coast
labonte you've been around long enough to remember the weird ass middle of the night Mondo drops of years past. Sometimes random actually means random.
Actually no, I must have missed the bus that day. Oh well, there's enough flippers where I'm sure I won't have to break the bank for it. Despite the missed drop, I'm still stoked on the hype JC's generating! I'm sure there will be plenty of future difficult drops to come!
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 am

labonte wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:
Actually no, I must have missed the bus that day. Oh well, there's enough flippers where I'm sure I won't have to break the bank for it. Despite the missed drop, I'm still stoked on the hype JC's generating! I'm sure there will be plenty of future difficult drops to come!
Yeah it's nice to see JC get some well deserved spotlight time. The dude's been making outstanding posters for a while now.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

itsame wrote: seriously! that was a tad early and at 8am i said "i'll just stay in bed a few more minutes" and then woke up to the sold out text. dummy!
^Exactly this. :evil:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Justin will make it up to us by dropping the Stout Jurassic Park at midnight PST.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Codeblue wrote:Justin will make it up to us by dropping the Stout Jurassic Park at midnight PST.
Yeah, but you know that is going to be the last print of series probably.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Codeblue wrote:Justin will make it up to us by dropping the Stout Jurassic Park at midnight PST.
that would make it up to people in Europe, not so much the West Coasters :D
IggyD
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:It looks like the big doors going into the park "Welcome to Jurassic Park"
Looking at that Variant.. I like those doors... Wish that text was somewhere else on the reg.
crackapunta
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:12 pm

IggyD wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:It looks like the big doors going into the park "Welcome to Jurassic Park"
Looking at that Variant.. I like those doors... Wish that text was somewhere else on the reg.
i agree. i think the doors really bring this print together. i wasnt going to buy it until i saw the variant. generally i prefer the text on a movie poster but this time it seems like it covers up an important part of the image. the JP logo on the jeep is enough title for me.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm

kj1nyr wrote:I guess JC has arrived, lots of these already sold on ebay. +1 on the art print btw. Was torn but had to make a quick decision when Bowie sang.

I was just thinking to myself yesterday

where's kj been
mmmm Beer :pint:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:23 pm

fredo wrote:Since when is 8am early?
Since I got my MA and a good job :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jung
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:33 pm

crackapunta wrote:i agree. i think the doors really bring this print together. i wasnt going to buy it until i saw the variant. generally i prefer the text on a movie poster but this time it seems like it covers up an important part of the image. the JP logo on the jeep is enough title for me.
Same here--I was going to pass when I had only seen the regular version, but something about the reveal of those doors with the film text gone created a more striking image that altered the composition enough to make me change my mind. It's my first JC print, so I'm looking forward to examining this thing and its 10 colors in person...
Image ImageImageImage Image
woodyland
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

I would think the doors are much more visible in the pulp.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 pm

It was a good day. I bought my first JC and first variant. It's so cool to be able to get prints - with so many colors. It was my interest in the screen printing process that brought me to this fourm. I kinda' got sucked into the other nonsense that goes on around here. I consider that a bonus, though. :D