Jurassic Park 11 Richard Release Discussion 10/27/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:09 pm

microcosmicmedia wrote: Star patterns and trees are not duplicated in the final image- the compression seemed to make certain patterns appear similar, but I assure you on the final print it doesn't appear that way-- I do repeat shapes to mimic reality as
patterns repeat in nature but with random variations

The stars on top of the trees are actually highlites btw, as said before the compression appears to have muddied them up a bit
Nice. Oh and damn you dude now I gotta F5 all morning? :P
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Hopefully I make it back to my computer in the morning to go for one for my buddy who wants it. I like it a lot, just trying to save more than spend right now. :pint:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
FlapJack
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Take a bow JC.

I have no doubt this one will be even more stunning in person, just as Walden is a remarkable screenprint.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:17 pm

ironjaiden wrote: I chalk it up to my own compulsive goofiness and not a lack of skill on the artist's part :)
Ha! I call this a "dig". Otherwise, you wouldn't have included the last portion of your sentence. Typical IJ arrogance, albeit humble, but arrogance nonetheless, IMO.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:25 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Nice. Oh and damn you dude now I gotta F5 all morning? :P
That's the one thing I wish I could do something about, especially for folks that I know could be making something nice/or enjoying themselves instead of refreshing!
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:25 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
microcosmicmedia wrote: Star patterns and trees are not duplicated in the final image- the compression seemed to make certain patterns appear similar, but I assure you on the final print it doesn't appear that way-- I do repeat shapes to mimic reality as

The stars on top of the trees are actually highlites btw, as said before the compression appears to have muddied them up a bit
Look at you, going for the whole series now. :lol:
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm

IWish wrote:
ironjaiden wrote: I chalk it up to my own compulsive goofiness and not a lack of skill on the artist's part :)
Ha! I call this a "dig". Otherwise, you wouldn't have included the last portion of your sentence. Typical IJ arrogance, albeit humble, but arrogance nonetheless, IMO.
Since you decided to to call me arrogant I'll respond with complete honesty. I love JC's poster. I think it's the best of the series so far and that's saying something. I find his ability to create textures and layers of lush natural beauty unmatched in the world of poster artists. I also think Todd Slater's Rushmore piece was entirely creative and full of Todd's whip smart humor. I aspire to one day be half as good an artist as these folks. As a fellow artist I tend to pick up on little details in posters and since this is a website dedicated to discussing these posters I feel free to comment. I have the utmost respect for my fellow artists and what you so smugly call a "dig" is actually called critique. I do so with sincere humility and an absolute appreciation for the skill involved in creating this kind of art.

I'm not arrogant in the least Sue, you just don't understand what I write a lot of the time. For real.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:51 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:

Look at you, going for the whole series now. :lol:
Haha well it is an adventure 65 million years in the making :D
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Sig worthy ^^^^
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
vortec42
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 pm

ironjaiden wrote:I'm not arrogant in the least Sue, you just don't understand what I write a lot of the time. For real.
Now that is a dig. Not a critique. :)
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Jay ain't arrogant. He's loose as fudge... as my ol man likes to say.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Prison will do that to a man.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

microcosmicmedia wrote:That's the one thing I wish I could do something about, especially for folks that I know could be making something nice/or enjoying themselves instead of refreshing!
Don't you worry about us ... often we make stuff and/or enjoy ourselves whilst refreshing!
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Good call on the removal of credits for the Art Print, looks great!
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
charter
Art Expert

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Loose Jay?