Sowers 10 Keyes Release Discussion 11/05/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:14 pm

hirschy75 wrote:
alteridiom wrote:Anybody know when this dropping or how much it's gonna cost?
hirschy75 wrote:
BILLYTHEKID wrote:Can anyone help me out with a breakdown of release info. 8)

What date?
What time?
Where?
How much?
How many? 350

(i know im lazy)
I filled in the only part I know
Cmon man like 5 posts above you :lol:
I was kidding. Some new guy always jumps in and asks a question without reading the thread. I was making fun of that guy. FAIL.
Small town pizza lawyer
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm

He did laugh though.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
hirschy75
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 pm

tranito wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
hirschy75 wrote:Anyone have on thoughts on whether or not this will be similar to Last Kiss, because of the high run, in the after market?

Like will missing out on the drop really be all that bad down the road?
My humble opinion, even though it's a run of 350, this thing will fetch north of $1,000 for a while. It's huge, and Keyes doesn't normally put out prints like this. Both of the Entangle pieces were each fetching up to 1k for a while. The size of the print will make up for the high run of 350. People are going to want this monster.
Over $1000!!??! :rolling: Not a chance. The size of a print never made much of a difference when it comes down to the gain in value on the aftermarket. If anything it forces some people who don't have the place to store or the money to frame to put some more on the market. The run however dictates.
I think I'm with you on this. To me it'll depend 1 on run, and 2 how many flippers are going for it.

If the market floods (Last Kiss?) then the after market price will be screwed. If more collectors get it and we don't see one on ebay for a month then we'll probably see a larger price. Either way I don't really care, I was just hoping that if I miss the drop I can pick one up cheap afterwords
reminder: ink on paper
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 pm

The only thing that will dictate how easy this will be able to get in the aftermarket is how expensive it is. If it's $500, less flippers will *probably* go for it because it's a lot of money to gamble. However if it's in the $250-$350 range, the market will flood again, likely more than Last Kiss being the larger run. However, it's such a big friggin print that it will be difficult to store, etc. So, it's a variety of factors coming into play. I won't be going for it because Keyes' work does absolutely nothing for me so yes, good luck everyone, either on the drop or the aftermarket.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
mtarail
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 pm

those flippers better have the mack daddy sized flat files. And if they ding a corner moving that print around? Ay, pobrecito!

If they're planning on sitting on a 48" print to flip, they could be waiting awhile. Even last kiss didn't flip much, and this is gonna be a run of 100 more than kiss.
db23
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 am

if someone would be nice enough to PM me ahead of schedule with a little insight into the drop today i'd be very appreciative and will kindly return the favor. in and out of meetings all day. thank you.
hirschy75
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am

db23 wrote:if someone would be nice enough to PM me ahead of schedule with a little insight into the drop today i'd be very appreciative and will kindly return the favor. in and out of meetings all day. thank you.
No details have even been released yet
reminder: ink on paper
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:15 am

hirschy75 wrote:
db23 wrote:if someone would be nice enough to PM me ahead of schedule with a little insight into the drop today i'd be very appreciative and will kindly return the favor. in and out of meetings all day. thank you.
No details have even been released yet

Which is why this "release" discussion shouldn't have a date of 11/5/10.

Whoever created the art listing for it messed up.
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 am

It only has that date because today is the day that the show opens, which, I believe, will make today the first day that this OG has been seen by the public.

DB23, the gallery is releasing details about the print drop on 11/8.
db23
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 am

mtarail wrote:It only has that date because today is the day that the show opens, which, I believe, will make today the first day that this OG has been seen by the public.

DB23, the gallery is releasing details about the print drop on 11/8.
thank you brotha. back to work now.
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm

alteridiom wrote:
hirschy75 wrote:
alteridiom wrote:Anybody know when this dropping or how much it's gonna cost?
hirschy75 wrote:
BILLYTHEKID wrote:Can anyone help me out with a breakdown of release info. 8)

What date?
What time?
Where?
How much?
How many? 350

(i know im lazy)
I filled in the only part I know
Cmon man like 5 posts above you :lol:
I was kidding. Some new guy always jumps in and asks a question without reading the thread. I was making fun of that guy. FAIL.
new guy??
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 pm

BILLYTHEKID wrote: new guy??
"New to the thread" guy?
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 am

Just got back from the gallery. Holy fudge the original for this one is beautiful. I wanna go back and take another look at the show on a day when it isn't opening night and the gallery's drymounting packed tight. Wife and I decided to walk the kids up the street for burritos and left Gonzo there to chase down Josh for a sig / doodle on his Last Kiss print :)
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:16 am

tpthaler's pic on Josh's forum shows the OG for Sowers is two panels so I never expected the print to have the advantage of being one seamless image.
http://joshkeyes.proboards.com/index.cg ... post=12845
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
gazastripper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 am

Still thinking it will be the same price like his large ones, just because ist's exactly the same size in m² like the 24x36" ers.