Eye Alert 10 Fairey Release Discussion 01/21/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
petenice
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

soam24 wrote:
petenice wrote:got a set, paypal was charged and got a paypal email, but no obey confirmation page or email (yet). this has happened to me before and still got the print, but the wait is agonizing. am i drymounted?

no, i sometimes never get an email from obey, but its always comforting to have. its nice when you get the your package has been shipped email though!
yeah it has happened to me before as well, im not adding to my EB collection until its in my hands for karma purposes
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:fyi, i checked the inventory on this as soon as it dropped. they started with about 260 prints each.
so yer saying theres still a chance.
they dont sell the whole run. with ducky, arkitip, and other resellers, and the ones they keep for their archives or whatever, thats what we're left with. i mentioned it because people were mentioning order #'s (which on second tohught never really mattered int he past, refunds are random).

I'm curious to know what the lowest number print (xx/xxx) anyone has ever received from a sale which started on obey giant. it doesnt matter where you got the print from (ducky, arkitip, 1ventory, dirty pilot, ...), just that the sale started on obey giant.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:fyi, i checked the inventory on this as soon as it dropped. they started with about 260 prints each.

homepage says sold out
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:27 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
mattlew69 wrote:
they dont sell the whole run. with ducky, arkitip, and other resellers, and the ones they keep for their archives or whatever, thats what we're left with. i mentioned it because people were mentioning order #'s (which on second tohught never really mattered int he past, refunds are random).

I'm curious to know what the lowest number print (xx/xxx) anyone has ever received from a sale which started on obey giant. it doesnt matter where you got the print from (ducky, arkitip, 1ventory, dirty pilot, ...), just that the sale started on obey giant.

i got #1 for the jordan set but that was from upper deck, the lowest through OG is #10 i believe
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Had them in cart, then decided I would rather save the dough and wait for EMEK's Haiti as they wouldn't go on my wall and I'm not into flipping.
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

derek wrote:
jamel-d wrote:
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:order # 386XX hopefully I am all good, no email from Obey yet, just paypal
They're posting order #s of 39xxx over at thegiant. You should be fine.
I was #3907*

I had the set on the PC, but ultimately had to just snag the red on the Droid. I think the cell phone is the way to go for future purchases.

was going to try the driod as a back up. next time will have to give it a try.
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

wizdom wrote:couple on ebay already
way more than a couple..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm

damn..forgot about these.....
bigbp0057
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 pm

DMBTattoo wrote:
petenice wrote:got a set, paypal was charged and got a paypal email, but no obey confirmation page or email (yet). this has happened to me before and still got the print, but the wait is agonizing. am i drymounted?
this happen to me too
Me too
"The limits of tyrants are proscribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress"
~Fredrick Douglas

Obey Prints For Sale: www.obeygiantprints.com
bigbp0057
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

schmoff wrote:
i got #1 for the jordan set but that was from upper deck, the lowest through OG is #10 i believe
I was like 4th in line at the Warhol for the print drop and I got #35 and there was one that was damaged. So The first one in the box was 31 so the first 30 were already gone somewhere.
"The limits of tyrants are proscribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress"
~Fredrick Douglas

Obey Prints For Sale: www.obeygiantprints.com
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:28 pm

bigbp0057 wrote:
DMBTattoo wrote:
this happen to me too
Me too
I've received prints from OG before with no emails at all, just a paypal receipt, and then the tube shows up on my door step.
starkiller
EB Team

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm

poptart514 wrote:??? Got a page that said order is sent please wait.....then nothing. Checked email and got confirmation from paypal, but nothing from obey yet. Did I miss out or did I get it?????
I had the same problem. Paypal took my funds but no Obey confirmation email.
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Same .. paypal receipt but no obey email .. For those that have bought from Obey before, about how long does it take for them to get the prints out ?
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

5-7 days.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 pm

fluffhead13 wrote: I'm curious to know what the lowest number print (xx/xxx) anyone has ever received from a sale which started on obey giant. it doesnt matter where you got the print from (ducky, arkitip, 1ventory, dirty pilot, ...), just that the sale started on obey giant.
I got #2 hope for darfur print through obey and 17 and 18 of POW