Guerilla One 09 Fairey Release Discussion 03/12/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jrh83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:33 pm

hell i will get the e mail 5 hours after the print was released
gfraser
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:34 pm

MUZZY wrote:by the time you finish reading this email and head over to the store......the print will be sold out.
which store is it going to drop on? seventh letter or right from mad society?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:40 pm

gfraser wrote:which store is it going to drop on? seventh letter or right from mad society?
I'm assuming the e-mail will tell you, but from just clicking around, the image on MadSociety leads to KnownGallery who's store leads to 7thLetter...so who knows.
gfraser
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 pm

electrachrome wrote:
gfraser wrote:which store is it going to drop on? seventh letter or right from mad society?
I'm assuming the e-mail will tell you, but from just clicking around, the image on MadSociety leads to KnownGallery who's store leads to 7thLetter...so who knows.
thanks, this is what i was coming up with also :lol: everyones talking like they know where its going down.
judgeito
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:48 pm

its funny how when people are able to get the print they want, they automatically think Shep fixed the site. My guess is that the site still sucks and next time there is a release that is in more demand everyone will have the same problems. I got one today and am happy about it but ive gone through this enough to know that the website being fixed is probably wishful thinking.
jrh83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 pm

store is crashed again
jrh83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

back again
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:59 pm

judgeito wrote:its funny how when people are able to get the print they want, they automatically think Shep fixed the site. My guess is that the site still sucks and next time there is a release that is in more demand everyone will have the same problems. I got one today and am happy about it but ive gone through this enough to know that the website being fixed is probably wishful thinking.
I think you proved it during the last Japanese release... The site is shite, but it's part of the ritual, the urban legend that is Obey. Makes you appreciate it that much more when you are actually successful with a drop... And I know that some people buy s**t from Obey during the down-time just to see if you actually can purchase ANYTHING from Obey and get a confirmation... :wink:

Shep is going to be in Costa Mesa next weekend for a show. At least Friday night for the gallery opening. A friend is a part-owner of the gallery and told me I could swing in next Thursday, meet Shep and help them hang some of his works. Not sure what Shep donated (Fundraiser for Diabetes) but I'm going to find out a 'lil more about Elephant Peace & Bad Brains... Will update if it actually happens...

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:04 pm

I luvs da googles
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 pm

SteveKai wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
judgeito wrote:its funny how when people are able to get the print they want, they automatically think Shep fixed the site. My guess is that the site still sucks and next time there is a release that is in more demand everyone will have the same problems. I got one today and am happy about it but ive gone through this enough to know that the website being fixed is probably wishful thinking.
I think you proved it during the last Japanese release... The site is shite, but it's part of the ritual, the urban legend that is Obey. Makes you appreciate it that much more when you are actually successful with a drop... And I know that some people buy s**t from Obey during the down-time just to see if you actually can purchase ANYTHING from Obey and get a confirmation... :wink:

Shep is going to be in Costa Mesa next weekend for a show. At least Friday night for the gallery opening. A friend is a part-owner of the gallery and told me I could swing in next Thursday, meet Shep and help them hang some of his works. Not sure what Shep donated (Fundraiser for Diabetes) but I'm going to find out a 'lil more about Elephant Peace & Bad Brains... Will update if it actually happens...

What show, and where in costa mesa? I'd luv to check out a Shep show, and thats only an hour away.
The name of the gallery is "The Light Galleries" and the address is 440 E. 17th St. Costa Mesa, CA (across from 'Lil Knights Bar). Here's the link and a quick preview: http://www.thelightgalleries.com/2009/0 ... t-artshow/

On March 20th, 2009 The Light Gallery will host a group art exhibition. This show is an artists perspective of the disease known as Type One Diabetes. All of the artists are effected by Diabetes in one way or another. The connection to diabetes may be family, a friend or the artist themselves. The point of the show is to raise awareness about the disease and raise money for research to hopefully one day destroy Type One Diabetes...

If you happen to swing by, tell 'em that Links buddy Tony sent ya! :D

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:

What show, and where in costa mesa? I'd luv to check out a Shep show, and thats only an hour away.
The name of the gallery is "The Light Galleries" and the address is 440 E. 17th St. Costa Mesa, CA (across from 'Lil Knights Bar). Here's the link and a quick preview: http://www.thelightgalleries.com/2009/0 ... t-artshow/

On March 20th, 2009 The Light Gallery will host a group art exhibition. This show is an artists perspective of the disease known as Type One Diabetes. All of the artists are effected by Diabetes in one way or another. The connection to diabetes may be family, a friend or the artist themselves. The point of the show is to raise awareness about the disease and raise money for research to hopefully one day destroy Type One Diabetes...

If you happen to swing by, tell 'em that Links buddy Tony sent ya! :D

Thx for the info!
MUZZY
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm

do we know if these are gonna drop today for sure?
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm

it has been ask 50 times and already,

no one knows

someone suggest 2:30am so go with that
mmmm Beer :pint:
jrh83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 pm

This print is an edition of 450, 18 x 24, $45 and Signed by Shepard. If you can’t get them on OBEY be sure to head over to www.madsociety.com today, 3/11, as a 100 Prints will be available for sale there!

They dropped yestorday
MUZZY
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Kdh12 wrote:it has been ask 50 times and already,

no one knows

someone suggest 2:30am so go with that
doooood.........my bad. have one :pint: