Fairey MoveOn.org Victory Anticipation thread

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:13 pm

actorinthisplay wrote:well I finally got my confirmation e-mail last night. 5-7 weeks is a long time for the print.
How about to Donkey Boat it? I hope I'm using that expression right?

How about to wait on Ebay after you just slapped down $2,500 for a print you thought was actually available?
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:Three comments...

3. Its a charity. unless you are a republican, your money is in good hands ;) Welcome to politics.
Moveon.org in not a charity. It is a hugely partisan propaganda machine that is on the same level as swiftvote (except worse). They don't care about anything or anyone except their specifc agenda. They are scum

If you want to contribute to a real charity, there are 100s of them around the country, your church and in your neighborhood....and please don't forget your local foodbank with the state of the economy and Thanksgiving coming up soon...that is where your money can truely make a difference

I really doubt amany are buying posters to support moveon.org....that is just where the money is going too (unfortunately)

Paul
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm

pvecchi wrote:
sunsetbrew wrote:Three comments...

3. Its a charity. unless you are a republican, your money is in good hands ;) Welcome to politics.
Moveon.org in not a charity. It is a hugely partisan propaganda machine that is on the same level as swiftvote (except worse). They don't care about anything or anyone except their specifc agenda. They are scum

If you want to contribute to a real charity, there are 100s of them around the country, your church and in your neighborhood....and please don't forget your local foodbank with the state of the economy and Thanksgiving coming up soon...that is where your money can truely make a difference

I really doubt amany are buying posters to support moveon.org....that is just where the money is going too (unfortunately)

Paul
It is not Tax deductible, but based on what evidence do you make the claim that
is on the same level as swiftvote (except worse). They don't care about anything or anyone except their specifc agenda. They are scum
MoveOn runs issue advertisements, registers voters, and conducts GOTV efforts on the behalf of left of center voters. You might oppose the issues they represent, but its uncalled for to call them scum or to compare them to the Swiftboat Veterans for truth who blatantly lied in their advertisements on the behalf of the powerful.

Why would you even want this poster if you consider MoveOn to be "scum"?
skary
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:16 am

maybe the 5-7 week window is for those people who got tricked as the ebay listings were only saying this is unsigned version and not saying it ALSO is the unnumbered open edition can put claims due to ebays pre-order 30 day policy. I spoke of this to a few people who had gotten duped and they all got their money back as it was a sneaky move by those sellers not listing exactly what people were buying. If you list all the details and someone wants to pay then Congrats to you but just do it right. Remember Karma always comes back to slap the taste out your mouth!!!!!
Staunchy
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:04 am

skary wrote:maybe the 5-7 week window is for those people who got tricked as the ebay listings were only saying this is unsigned version and not saying it ALSO is the unnumbered open edition can put claims due to ebays pre-order 30 day policy. I spoke of this to a few people who had gotten duped and they all got their money back as it was a sneaky move by those sellers not listing exactly what people were buying. If you list all the details and someone wants to pay then Congrats to you but just do it right. Remember Karma always comes back to slap the taste out your mouth!!!!!

Is it bad Karma to drymount with someones auction?

I am not sure if you did the right thing. What are you some sort of police officer of ebay?
i and i
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 am

I dont know, but I was always taught that telling someone they have bad karma is bad karma.
skary
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 am

Nope just dont like it when people are misleading and trying to rip people off. If your selling the open edition list it that way. I see plenty of them listed in the title or subtitle "open edition" selling for $100 and I have no grips with that but to those who are listing it in a misleading way yes I have a problem with that, so you thinking my doing is wrong says a lot about your character my friend.
pjed99
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:51 am

Guys can you help me out. If you bought the 3 for $50 that is the open version right? It wont be numbered, correct? Thanks
Staunchy
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:53 am

skary wrote:Nope just dont like it when people are misleading and trying to rip people off. If your selling the open edition list it that way. I see plenty of them listed in the title or subtitle "open edition" selling for $100 and I have no grips with that but to those who are listing it in a misleading way yes I have a problem with that, so you thinking my doing is wrong says a lot about your character my friend.
you talking about other peoples karma and character says a lot about you.

:poo:
Last edited by Staunchy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
i and i
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:55 am

pjed99 wrote:Guys can you help me out. If you bought the 3 for $50 that is the open version right? It wont be numbered, correct? Thanks
yep. open edition. no number and no signature.
ygolordned
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 pm

is there any way to do a different shipping and billing address? thanks
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:29 pm

nope.
exadore
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:30 pm

ygolordned wrote:is there any way to do a different shipping and billing address? thanks
Yes, but its a secret.
latetotheshow wrote:Flipping is like jerking off. Everyone does it, but nobody wants to get caught.
Steven Novella wrote:Where confusion reigns, opinion is king.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:31 pm

only three new post today...

come on guys

lets get this to at least 150 pages before they ship.....
mmmm Beer :pint:
zappa99
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Fairey's Obama art is in talks to be featured at the Smithsonian. That can't hurt the value of any of his prints. Obama will be the first in office President to be featured there.

http://www.obamaartreport.com/2008/11/s ... chase.html

http://www.supertouchart.com/2008/11/13 ... -portrait/

http://omgposters.com/2008/11/13/the-sm ... -portrait/