Public Enemy Obey Anticipation Thread

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
mikepettit
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 pm

totally forgot about the sale today and just my luck, easy like sunday morning...

if anyone out there has buyers remorse, PM me and we can work something out
bosco004
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:40 pm

be careful putting these on ebay my billboard print was refunded due to ebay policy on the website
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 pm

bosco004 wrote:be careful putting these on ebay my billboard print was refunded due to ebay policy on the website
what ebay policy on what website?
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:28 pm

sasquatch wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:
bostonlou wrote:how quickly do the carts clear out?

i had one in there and was debating dropping $96 on a print that I probably wouldn't get the approval to frame and possibly couldn't resell

guess there was enough interest to sell a few hundy of em

oh well

how well do you think these will flip?
Ummm this is not Ames we are talking about Fairey prints always resell if you want them too, some don't bringing hundreds of $$$ but you will at least get your money back plus $10
What the Fu.ck are you talking about? The Ames prints from this summer's PJ tour are going for more than Klausen's, some four or five times the cost. The Ames bashing is just ignorant.
Ummm I said nothing about Klausen or Pearl Jam so relax 8)

My point was that if you had this in your cart then got it you would not have a hard time selling it for cost plus 10
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 pm

so i went to this show tonight.. and i was on the out skirts of the pit and some jacket hit me in the face so i threw it over my head and this girl got all pissed at me, wacked me in the ear, why the ear? and then threated to shoot me cause she had gun tattoos... :lol:
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
pearlybaker
Flipper

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:39 pm

bosco004 wrote:be careful putting these on ebay my billboard print was refunded due to ebay policy on the website
I think it's the one on OG's that says "don't flip our fudge on ebay".
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:21 am

pearlybaker wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:
http://www.obeygiant.com/store/help.php?section=FAQ

EBAY'ers and EBAY Flippers are not welcomed. If suspected and caught of Ebaying prints your order will be automatically refunded and you will no longer be permitted to purchase from OBEY GIANT.
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:31 am

ApfelGeld wrote:
pearlybaker wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:

EBAY'ers and EBAY Flippers are not welcomed. If suspected and caught of Ebaying prints your order will be automatically refunded and you will no longer be permitted to purchase from OBEY GIANT.
Hey thanks.... maybe I should start reading FAQ's...

I usually don't ask stupid questions therefore don't see the need to read a FAQ section ;)
overbends

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 am

ApfelGeld wrote:
pearlybaker wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:

I don't get it. How come there are so many damn ebay'ers for each Obey print if they police their own items?
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:37 am

overbends wrote:
ApfelGeld wrote:
pearlybaker wrote:
Kdh12 wrote: what ebay policy on what website?

I don't get it. How come there are so many damn ebay'ers for each Obey print if they police their own items?
I think they just started to crack down on the flippers. Since Led Zeppelin and Obama Progress, it got really out of control. It's hard to put the lid back on Pandora's Box. :)
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:09 am

Kdh12 wrote:
bostonlou wrote:how quickly do the carts clear out?

i had one in there and was debating dropping $96 on a print that I probably wouldn't get the approval to frame and possibly couldn't resell

guess there was enough interest to sell a few hundy of em

oh well

how well do you think these will flip?
Ummm this is not Ames we are talking about Fairey prints always resell if you want them too, some don't bringing hundreds of $$$ but you will at least get your money back plus $10
so you're telling me if i buy 400 Big Proof posters I could make $4000? ;)

just kiddin
thanks for the info
tlh1005
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:11 pm

That is good news to me!
DavidaLoca
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Shepard Fairey on Ebayers flipping wrote:Dear Ebayer,

I think it is great that you are speaking your mind, but you are misplacing your frustration about the Obey Ebay policy. You fail to understand that my Ebay policy exists precisely to protect my valued supporters from having to pay high secondary market prices for my prints. My prints are priced well below market value because I want them to be affordable to true fans of my art. I have no problem with people collecting my prints and selling older prints to free up funds to purchase newer prints they prefer. However, some people buy the prints just to re-sell them on Ebay immediately. I call these people "flippers" and they keep a true fan of the piece from being able to purchase it at a low price. YOU are displacing people who want to keep, and not re-sell the art. For every letter like yours, I receive five that are complaints that people really loved and wanted a particular print, but it sold out too quickly. YOU force those people to buy on Ebay at a higher price. My goal is to make my work affordable to people who intend to keep the art. I am sacrificing a huge amount of money I could be making by selling the prints below market value. I do that for the people. I was broke throughout my twenties but I wanted to collect art, so I'm trying to provide that for people now. There are a lot of other supporters I'm trying to take into consideration as well. Your perspective is very selfish. Your thoughts about your "hard earned" money is very interesting. Is flipping a print on Ebay for triple, quadruple, or more of what you spent on it "hard earned"? Where were you with a financial subsidy for me in the 90's when I slept in my car in Boston or went literally without food or heat in Providence R.I. because I was pursuing my art, but failing to make enough money? I snuck free copies to make posters at Kinko's, but do you think if I got caught I would have said "but I'm entitled to free fudge because I'm an artist who has it tough"? So you work 60 hours a week... so do I, if not more. I built what I have from a $4.25 an hour skate shop job. I treat everyone fairly. I checked into your Ebay record to make sure you were not banned unfairly, and you have flipped multiple prints the week after their release before the print has even been shipped to you. For each one of those, YOU made someone else suffer. Basically, you are sensitive to your own suffering, but not to the suffering of others. Oh, and the ban policy is not based on anything other than someone being a flipper. Yes, I do believe in freedom. You are free to buy and sell whatever you want, and I am free to choose not to sell MY creations to you. Of course, you are still free to buy my work on the secondary market like you have forced others to do. There are people who will cherish a reasonably priced piece of my art and they are my priority.

Sincerely,
Shepard Fairey
carcrash wrote:Guns + Pop Culture Icons = Street Art. Duh.
boatingbenny wrote:
dmbfan41 wrote:If you spend a thousand + on a Obama poster something is wrong
If you spend $1 on a DMB show...something is really wrong!
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 am

Dear Shepard Fairey,

you know where you can stick your hypocrisy, don't you?

sincerly,
iratasan