Big Trouble in Little China 16 Struzan Release - 8/4/16

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:15 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:Would most of you rather own this than the original one sheet? It looks like you can score one for around the same price as the screen print.
I'd take a mint one sheet as a true OG for most films. But seeing as those are hard to acquire or damn expensive, a new medium at a lower cost plus endorsement and sig by artist is a great alternative.

If Blade Runner was done I'd be all over a screen print, but Joe said licence is hard to get, as expected. I'm still trying to track down a giclee of the art itself. I have the DS One sheet from final cut but the title font is terrible and they cropped the art to boot:

Image Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:31 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:Would most of you rather own this than the original one sheet? It looks like you can score one for around the same price as the screen print.
Signed by Struzan makes it worth it.
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 pm

rubberneck wrote:
If Blade Runner was done I'd be all over a screen print, but Joe said licence is hard to get, as expected. I'm still trying to track down a giclee of the art itself. I have the DS One sheet from final cut but the title font is terrible and they cropped the art to boot
I was just telling a friend yesterday that this is the Struzan I'd easily drop $200 on. Does a giclee of it exist?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 pm

He has prints on his site. But I don't see that blade runner one.

http://www.drewstruzan.com/illustrated/ ... /?type=pri
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:39 pm

35mmpaul wrote:He has prints on his site. But I don't see that blade runner one.

http://www.drewstruzan.com/illustrated/ ... /?type=pri
Yep. Not seen a run done to date. Plenty ask about on his FB, but no response.

RomanMorales
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:28 pm

This is stuck between multiple owners and legal stuff. Shaw Brother. Warner Bros. Some of the other producers. There was a reason why the market was at one time flooded with various versions of the film. They have worked out some kind of deal for the sequels. I talked to a few of the producers (there were many), but getting everyone to the table is difficult. Still tons of bad blood. One went on to accuse the other producer of pulling a "credit default swap job" on him during talking.

A print would generate so little revenue for them apportioned over everyone that it makes no monetary sense. The only thing keeping this floating is that they would all love one all their walls. They can all agree with that. Even in Hong Kong. Spent way too many hours. We are talking days if not weeks in aggregate. It would be great if once I pass the torch of the company that I could wrap this up as a gift to be the first thing they produced after taking over. Let this be their first release. Doesn't look good though.

It seems everyone saw a movie that would be a kind of pulp movie that would generate a small amount of money in the short term and not the big sums in the long term so not everything was covered in the initial contracts. Merchandising was the smallest part of it.

Oh well, we'll see. I've pretty much almost lost all hope.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 pm

He's baaaaaack.

P.S. Huh?

P.P.S. When's the OCE re-relaunch party?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Lol. That would be up to whoever is put in charge. I would like for it to be someone with kind of attitude. That would be fun.

As for being back, I really just wanted to address this license in particular because it gave me so many highs and lows as far as "It is going to happen!" to "There is no way in hell this is going to happen". I just want to see it happen, but it would take Henry Kissinger to pull it off. And I am talking about Kissinger in his "war crimes" days.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:44 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Lol. That would be up to whoever is put in charge. I would like for it to be someone with kind of attitude. That would be fun.

As for being back, I really just wanted to address this license in particular because it gave me so many highs and lows as far as "It is going to happen!" to "There is no way in hell this is going to happen". I just want to see it happen, but it would take Henry Kissinger to pull it off. And I am talking about Kissinger in his "war crimes" days.
Having read up on the convoluted rights I gave up and just had an OG done instead of waiting.

#MountainToMohamad

matowest
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Well, this just took a turn
ajmmck
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Godfather 3 launch party?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 pm

#stuckincustoms
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:16 pm

When you say 'pass the torch' you mean 'flaming bag of poop' right?
My up to date trades and ISOs.
cotis
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm

RomanMorales wrote:This is stuck between multiple owners and legal stuff. Shaw Brother. Warner Bros. Some of the other producers. There was a reason why the market was at one time flooded with various versions of the film. They have worked out some kind of deal for the sequels. I talked to a few of the producers (there were many), but getting everyone to the table is difficult. Still tons of bad blood. One went on to accuse the other producer of pulling a "credit default swap job" on him during talking.

A print would generate so little revenue for them apportioned over everyone that it makes no monetary sense. The only thing keeping this floating is that they would all love one all their walls. They can all agree with that. Even in Hong Kong. Spent way too many hours. We are talking days if not weeks in aggregate. It would be great if once I pass the torch of the company that I could wrap this up as a gift to be the first thing they produced after taking over. Let this be their first release. Doesn't look good though.

It seems everyone saw a movie that would be a kind of pulp movie that would generate a small amount of money in the short term and not the big sums in the long term so not everything was covered in the initial contracts. Merchandising was the smallest part of it.

Oh well, we'll see. I've pretty much almost lost all hope.
please just stop and crawl back into the whole where you came from local celeb. don't ruin a good print and a good print release discussion with your bs. I would say go post in your thread but too many people that were ripped off and given the run around posted and called your bluff, to which you responded with #RomanBeingRoman and got no where.

where can people cash in their unused credits? where can GBD get his $14 shipping refund?
ajmmck
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:01 pm

cotis wrote:where can GBD get his $14 shipping refund?
Preparing crowdfunding page now