Team Fox Marty 15 Cooper Release Discussion 07/17/15

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:43 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Would go nicely with my signed Christopher lloyd:
But now I would need to get MJF to sign it...

he was signing at the con, would have only cost you a mere £445.

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/in ... hael-j-fox
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:25 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Would go nicely with my signed Christopher lloyd:
But now I would need to get MJF to sign it...
I'd like to see Rhys do a new Doc matched in size/style with this new one.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:55 am

Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:02 am

Celsius wrote:Is this the first BTTF screenprint to have official likeness rights for Michael J Fox? Pretty cool accomplishment if so.
Not really. No title.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:16 am

fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

Nice. Huge score! Not sure why these haven't sold out yet.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:44 am

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

I think the fact that they're being shipped overseas, if it were US they'd probably be gone.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 am

ldiddy wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:

I think the fact that they're being shipped overseas, if it were US they'd probably be gone.

Really? Sounds like the shipping cost is reasonable.

This print has likeness, Delorean x 2, references(clock tower, fade away, digital clock etc), great artist and the overall composition is in the shape of a Hoverboard. This print is amazing.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Definitely one of the best BTTF prints to come out since Laurent's IMO. Especially since MJF's likeness is on it, plus the composition is amazing :clap:
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Very proud of Mike at Under the Floorboards for all the hard work he put into this.
Got full approval and support from Universal and Amblin and the blessing and final tick of approval from Michael J Fox himself.
To use the official title though you also need the approval of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, I don't think would have been a problem but also requires a huge licensing fee which would have defeated the purpose of raising money for the Team Fox charity which was the point of the print and how we got Michael's personal support.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 pm

seppuku wrote:Very proud of Mike at Under the Floorboards for all the hard work he put into this.
Got full approval and support from Universal and Amblin and the blessing and final tick of approval from Michael J Fox himself.
To use the official title though you also need the approval of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, I don't think would have been a problem but also requires a huge licensing fee which would have defeated the purpose of raising money for the Team Fox charity which was the point of the print and how we got Michael's personal support.
Nice work Rhys :clap:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
ldiddy wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:

Really? Sounds like the shipping cost is reasonable.

This print has likeness, Delorean x 2, references(clock tower, fade away, digital clock etc), great artist and the overall composition is in the shape of a Hoverboard. This print is amazing.
Agreed on all fronts, let's get this thing sold out then! Goes to charity after all
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Just curious, but don't you think they could have waived the fee due to it being for the Team Fox charity? Regardless, great print for a good cause.
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Two posters were commissioned for the event, one was a promo giveaway of 3000 litho's by Matt Griffin. This one had the logo on it and was not allowed to be sold for fund raising purposes.
Rhy's was allowed and I didn't ask nor did I argue.
The fact that I had permission by from Universal, Amblin and MJFox was good enough for me and I hope Rhys.
Whether there may have been more red tape with MJFox and Universal? I don't really know. We had very little time and Rhys graciously fitted in the art and Seizure the printing. The posters arrived 3 days before the convention.

I'm more than happy with it all, just because the actual title is not on there doesn't take away the fact that its a BTTF print and raising money for a good cause.

So thanks to Rhys and Seizure and all who have bought so far.
I hope to be sending these out very soon, just had a sample tube arrive, needed to check the weight when packaged otherwise if too heavy it slips into a higher P&P price range.
2004WRX
New User

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Can't wait for my copy!
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:32 pm

I appreciate the email update today on the status of the print. Looking forward to this one.