A Life Well Wasted Episode 7 13 Moss Release Discussion 03/2

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 am

philipanderson wrote:And here's the response from the seller received to my email:

"I don't run a poster business. I make a podcast. The posters are there to support the show, not to satisfy Olly Moss fans. This is, in fact, an amateur operation.

I've shipped 7 different 200-run posters in these tubes, never sealed. I've never heard of the ends popping off. Creases have been an issue this time because I switched to wrapping in paper vs the plastic sleeves I used to use. I switched to paper because of a few poster fetishists who insisted the plastic was wrong. You guys are ridiculous. Don't ever order from me again. I'll cancel it."

I have pointed out that if you don't want to play with the 'poster fetishists', you probably shouldn't charge $65 a pop for what you seem to think is just a piece of paper.

Woah! That's some charming reply! Who are the people buying the posters that support the podcast?

I sent him a message yesterday too about my print being scuffed (that's "polite" for chub rub ;) ). I have to say his reply was a bit more composed than the above.
philipanderson
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 am

I was a little bit shitty in my intial email. I wasn't offensive but I was pretty blunt. But I'm not aware of anyone getting a better outcome by being nice about it, either.

I'm tired of people taking the coin for the paper, and then acting like it's the buyers being unreasonable because the print has turned up damaged. I will try to take a good photo later to post here to show how creased this is. I am not talking about a small problem. These are big old roll bends. But apparently I'm the one at fault here.
Cragars
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2013 5:14 am

Did you guys let the print roll rest out of the tube for a few days before unfurling it?
philipanderson
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 24, 2013 5:22 am

I didn't, no. I took it out and then flattened it.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 am

I love that he kind of has a podcast that seems to make money referencing video games, but yet he does not think that people should profit off making videos of them (the company should have the right to that money since they made the game). He was in quite a twitter post about that last week. He seems pretty annoying.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 pm

philipanderson wrote:I didn't, no. I took it out and then flattened it.
Next time, let the print sit for a few days out of the tube and let the paper fibers relax. Usually helps with the roll bends when you finally get around to putting some weight on it.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:I love that he kind of has a podcast that seems to make money referencing video games, but yet he does not think that people should profit off making videos of them (the company should have the right to that money since they made the game). He was in quite a twitter post about that last week. He seems pretty annoying.
On an ipad so won't type to much. But no they shouldn't. Each playing is input by a person creating a unique thing.

Also on that topic asking people to make content (walk throughs) with their own time, then making money off that is wrong.

Just as is selling 65 dollar items and getting into a huh that people have an issues when you ship like a chump.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Ah, this is why I'm blocked on twitter.