The Art of Laurent Durieux | Part Two (11/9 - Mondo Gallery)

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby iambillyg on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:I can post some blurry pics if you guys care. It's been a bit.

Just glad you haven't lost sight of your roots.

Gotta drive those prices up (or down).
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10314
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby bapaik on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

iambillyg wrote:I can post some blurry pics if you guys care. It's been a bit.


in4pics
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Postby mfaith on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Image
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
 
Status: Active
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
So it goes...

Postby kansasbbq on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:49 pm

bapaik wrote:Please guys, more talk about Waiting for Julien...please.

It's gorgeous.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17097
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby kansasbbq on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm

LD's old sig > LD's new sig
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17097
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby bapaik on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:55 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
bapaik wrote:Please guys, more talk about Waiting for Julien...please.

It's gorgeous.


I like the Typewriter, but the Waiting for Julien was the only one that gave me a visceral, yummy reaction.
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Postby jmagee87 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:37 pm

iambillyg wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:I can post some blurry pics if you guys care. It's been a bit.

Just glad you haven't lost sight of your roots.

Gotta drive those prices up (or down).

Maybe if it's blurry you cant see all the dents, creases, and misspellings
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5985
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby allyouzombies on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Glad to see Waiting for Julien to get so much love. I'm curious - are most people liking it because they're fans of the film, or just because it's a great looking print?
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby iambillyg on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:51 pm

allyouzombies wrote:Glad to see Waiting for Julien to get so much love. I'm curious - are most people liking it because they're fans of the film, or just because it's a great looking print?

I hadn't (haven't) seen the film, but I really liked the image. While at the gallery on Wednesday, to photograph the originals, I had a conversation with Laurent and Jack about the show. I asked which piece was most pleased with. He responded with 'Waiting for Julien'.

We then discussed the film's plot and how the piece contained some easter eggs from it. The way Jack and Laurent described their appreciation and admiration for the film really made me appreciate it more as well. Their words, and the amazing piece of art, made me want to see the film immediately. That's what a good alternative film poster (whether it's an art print or not) should do; make you want to go out and watch that film (while also leading you on a path to see more from that genre, time, actor/actress, director, etc.).
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10314
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby iambillyg on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:I can post some blurry pics if you guys care. It's been a bit.

Just glad you haven't lost sight of your roots.

Gotta drive those prices up (or down).

Maybe if it's blurry you cant see all the dents, creases, and misspellings

I don't know what you're talking about.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10314
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby allyouzombies on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:25 pm

iambillyg wrote:
allyouzombies wrote:Glad to see Waiting for Julien to get so much love. I'm curious - are most people liking it because they're fans of the film, or just because it's a great looking print?

I hadn't (haven't) seen the film, but I really liked the image. While at the gallery on Wednesday, to photograph the originals, I had a conversation with Laurent and Jack about the show. I asked which piece was most pleased with. He responded with 'Waiting for Julien'.

We then discussed the film's plot and how the piece contained some easter eggs from it. The way Jack and Laurent described their appreciation and admiration for the film really made me appreciate it more as well. Their words, and the amazing piece of art, made me want to see the film immediately. That's what a good alternative film poster (whether it's an art print or not) should do; make you want to go out and watch that film (while also leading you on a path to see more from that genre, time, actor/actress, director, etc.).


That's great to hear - thanks for the insight Billy. I still need to watch the film myself.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby iambillyg on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10314
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby mfaith on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Image
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
 
Status: Active
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
So it goes...

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Whoa, what’s the one with Mystique?
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15627
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ
...
...
That's what she said

Postby Kramerica on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 pm

iambillyg wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Maybe if it's blurry you cant see all the dents, creases, and misspellings

I don't know what you're talking about.

The quality control was apparently non-existent. Below is one of the more egregious examples, but there were lots of printing issues reported on fb, as well as consistent damage throughout portions of specific editions. That, and Domhnall Gleeson's name is misspelled on Ex Machina.
Image

Those pics look pretty slick though. Makes me want that river var even more.
Last edited by Kramerica on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13297
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests