Designer Con 2018

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

https://www.designercon.com/
DesignerCon 2018
700 vendors
300+ artists

November 16-18th

Line up looks pretty good this year. Anyone else going?
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Trying but with new baby #2 hard to get away. Looks amazing and afraid last chance to get there before it gets too crazy & commercial as SDCC. Since allowing Funko collaboration and Mondo in a lot more talking about it.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby dodgers77 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Mondo
Cyclops
Spoke Art
Hero Complex
Danger
Francavilla
Mike Saputo
Kevin Tong
Richey Becket
Tim Doyle
NC Winters
Edmiston
Tobin
LandLand
Sara Deck
Scott C

Pretty steller lineup, definitely be there ! :clap:
dodgers77
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

not to mention

Alex Solis
Colus
Coasre Toys
DKE Toys
Hebru Brantley
Munky King

to name a few
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby greenhorn1 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm

and not 100% sure but I think maybe a hyperstoic event?

That looks damn impressive. We went last year for the first time and am almost wishing we had waited for this year instead.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)

Postby JasonA91 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm

I'll be going. VIP ticket access sounds like a good deal, if I get bored I can just head over to Disneyland/CA Adventure anyways.
JasonA91
Art Connoisseur

Postby ichnob on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Got my VIP ticket. Lineup looks fantastic. I've never been to Mondo Con, but this seems like it could be a similar vibe with who's going to be there.
ichnob
Art Enthusiast

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 pm

See y'all there (hopefully) :pint:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:See y'all there (hopefully) :pint:

thanks for PB services!
cotis
Art Expert

Postby downforcemedia on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 pm

This is going to be a great time and hopefully not the fudge show that Comic Con is.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby toobs on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:41 pm

downforcemedia wrote:This is going to be a great time and hopefully not the fudge show that Comic Con is.

lol - it used to not be a sh!tshow, this year it will be a full blown sh!tshow due to all the new people coming from Austin and other parts who think they are gunna make small fortune - I'll be honest most of you people coming thinking the offerings are gunna be like mondocon or SDCC are probably gunna be bummed. dCon revolves around vinyl figures and design, not really focused around pop culture movie posters, but hope all you newcomers enjoy. :wink:
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby GoreMetChef on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:22 pm

toobs wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:This is going to be a great time and hopefully not the fudge show that Comic Con is.

lol - it used to not be a sh!tshow, this year it will be a full blown sh!tshow due to all the new people coming from Austin and other parts who think they are gunna make small fortune - I'll be honest most of you people coming thinking the offerings are gunna be like mondocon or SDCC are probably gunna be bummed. dCon revolves around vinyl figures and design, not really focused around pop culture movie posters, but hope all you newcomers enjoy. :wink:

Toobs trying to protect that flip.
GoreMetChef
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImage

Postby toobs on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:34 pm

GoreMetChef wrote:
toobs wrote:

if you are trying to flip dCon you're doing it wrong
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby GoreMetChef on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

toobs wrote:
GoreMetChef wrote:
toobs wrote:

if you are trying to flip dCon you're doing it wrong

/screenshotted

For after DCon when we see your WT list
GoreMetChef
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImage

Postby chevyav53 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Hey, don't listen to those guys above, go, buy everything you can... ..then let me know I'd be happy to take it off your hands :)

But they are right, maybe the Funko Cereal boxes, Mondo pieces but the rest you are taking a gamble on. I've been able to get pieces under retail because too many flippers.

I will gladly pay a markup if I can't get the Alex Solis piece maybe others such as Colus online before or after the show might help pay for your time.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Next

Return to Art Events