SDCC 2018

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby swabie2424 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 pm

This exclusives portal has me so confused... and I have some advanced degrees.... so don't think it's me. The FAQ and Terms of Service have poorly worded and somewhat conflicting info. Let me use Funko as an example:

Can you submit once per time slot per exclusive on all days you're there... for everything? (So every Funko spot every day - like 20 submissions?)

Once per time slot per day per exclusive? (So one slot for Funko on all five days - 5 total submissions)

Once per exclusive (all days/times) period? (So one total Funko submission)
swabie2424
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby swabie2424 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm

From Terms of Service:

"You may only submit interest in each exclusive signing or exclusive merchandise purchasing time slot once. Multiple submissions per exclusive are not allowed. In the event that Comic-Con deems you have made multiple requests per exclusive or have acted in bad faith with respect to the Exclusives Portal, you shall be excluded from participating and consequently ineligible to be selected for an exclusive signing or exclusive merchandise purchasing time slot."

From FAQ:

How many exclusive merchandise purchasing time slots can I add to my interest list?
You may submit interest in as many exclusive merchandise purchasing time slots as you like, but only one entry per Comic-Con Member ID. If you are awarded overlapping time slots, you may not swap one time slot for another. The exhibitor sets the parameters for how many time slots you may be selected for.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Postby ygolohcysp on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:50 am

I'm just as confused as you are swabie. So you're supposed to pick one time slot per vendor per day and hope you get picked for that one?
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Postby EgoDeath on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:23 pm

This year is going to be weird.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Postby ygolohcysp on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm just gonna enter for every slot and let them sort out what they give or don't give me. How are you supposed to choose otherwise? makes no sense. If you want the highest chances for funko, you would enter all time slots for every day, not just friday at 9:30. Then it's up to SDCC to not pick you twice?
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm

EgoDeath wrote:This year is going to be weird.

Everything else line and con floor is going to be flooded this year because of the new lotto system.

Also, with some big players skipping Hall H on Saturday, the con floor on Saturday with be more of a nightmare.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Or people will sleep in.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby sincere86a on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:40 pm

You can submit for as many timeslots as you're eligible for (e.g. if you have a 4 day badge you can submit for 4 time slots for each day), but you can only win one of those slots. As for Lego or UCC, you can enter as many times as you like but you can only win 1 of those exclusives. Apparently this was done to crack down on people who have more than one Member ID (although I'm not sure how that would work either).
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby ygolohcysp on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 pm

sincere86a wrote:You can submit for as many timeslots as you're eligible for (e.g. if you have a 4 day badge you can submit for 4 time slots for each day), but you can only win one of those slots. As for Lego or UCC, you can enter as many times as you like but you can only win 1 of those exclusives. Apparently this was done to crack down on people who have more than one Member ID (although I'm not sure how that would work either).

How did I not ever think of this before.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Postby dodgers77 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:52 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Or people will sleep in.

Hope that’s the case.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Postby swabie2424 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 pm

This is indeed the case! You can submit for every slot you’re eligible for with your badge. Every slot on every exclusive if you’re there every day. Confirmed by the SDCC unofficial blog:

“[UPDATE June 28] Some attendees worried that some of the wording in the Terms & Conditions meant that they couldn’t submit for more than one exclusive time slot per company. Here’s a look at the wording that had caused some confusion:

“Multiple submissions per exclusive are not allowed. In the event that Comic-Con deems you have made multiple requests per exclusive or have acted in bad faith with respect to the Exclusives Portal, you shall be excluded from participating and consequently ineligible to be selected for an exclusive signing or exclusive merchandise purchasing time slot.”

However, we have confirmed with Comic-Con International that “this rule is an attempt to prevent those who may have more than one Member ID from making multiple requests”. So you can submit for as many timeslots as you are eligible for – but again, you can only win up to one total for the convention from Funko and Hasbro – and one “per exclusive” for LEGO and UCC Distributing.”
swabie2424
Art Expert

Postby swabie2424 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 pm

EgoDeath wrote:This year is going to be weird.

Agreed. One thing is by doing all these lotteries ahead of time and eliminating all the lines... those people are going to
be somewhere else. The floor could be more crowded. Panels more crowded. It’s very interesting to see what ripple effects this has.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:26 pm

As someone who was seriously considering going to SDCC like 5 years ago- I'm mostly glad I didn't, and there's no f'ing way I'd deal with this mess now. Old man out. :toilet:
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby sincere86a on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Autograph lottery is open. Fox, WB and DC
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby jdio on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Thought I'd post here, is anybody still looking for a hotel in Downtown. I have one from Thur - Sun, double beds. Please let me know and I can transfer.
jdio
Art Connoisseur

Successful transactions: cardiff, californiapm, db23, greekboy, Diesmos, wizdom, exiter, stevenopoly, soam24, sez752, BloodyMurray, choke, RiotAct, bethemonkey, sustain, bulkhead72, aldo, omyweenis, dcgotsstyle

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events