Volcom presents "A State of Matter" 11/09

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby Codeblue on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 pm

R U my PB?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby bran on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 am

Anyone have any pictures or can please point me in the direction of some from the show?
bran
Art Connoisseur

Postby mfaith on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 am

bran wrote:Anyone have any pictures or can please point me in the direction of some from the show?

I'll be going back on Sunday afternoon, and can take photos of everything. I did a live stream on my Instagram at the opening, but those things only last 24 hours. I could do another live stream on Sunday, if anybody's interested. It'll be a lot more laid back than the opening was, and so I could take my time going through everything.
Also, Thomas will be there with some new artwork (in addition to what's hanging for the show) for the East Austin Studio Tour. So I could see if he'd be into doing like a Q&A, if anybody has any questions you'd want him to answer, or would like him to talk about anything. He effectively put together the show. Let me know if there's interest in that
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby bran on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 pm

That would be fantastic mfaith! I'd love to see more of Thomas' images and would love to know where this particular work is coming from, I've seen a few images from the show but not many. What does he have prints available of, do you recall? Thanks again, anything is appreciated!
bran
Art Connoisseur

Postby mfaith on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:42 pm

bran wrote:That would be fantastic mfaith! I'd love to see more of Thomas' images and would love to know where this particular work is coming from, I've seen a few images from the show but not many. What does he have prints available of, do you recall? Thanks again, anything is appreciated!

No problem. Glad to do it. And he didn't have any prints of the work created for this show. Burlesque was on hand at the opening with a selection of prints they'd created for all four of these guys, including Thomas. But I don't think any were new releases, except the show poster itself (printed by Industry).
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby bran on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Good to know, thanks for the information, I didn't realize that, it was hard to tell from the stuff I saw online. Did the other 3 guys have prints available or was it the same deal, just previous work?
bran
Art Connoisseur

Postby mfaith on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:22 pm

bran wrote:Good to know, thanks for the information, I didn't realize that, it was hard to tell from the stuff I saw online. Did the other 3 guys have prints available or was it the same deal, just previous work?

Same thing. This was an OG show. The prints were there courtesy of Burlesque.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Looks like I should be clear to go down there on Sunday afternoon. If anybody wants to participate in the live stream, just make sure you're following my instagram. There's not really a good way for me to post that here. And if you have any questions you want to send in advance for me to ask Thomas, feel free to message me those. I can't promise I'll be able to do a Q&A on the feed. It all depends on how busy it is, and if he's cool with doing it. But even so, I'll do a walkthrough of the the show again, and check out his new pieces. And no matter what, I'll post whatever photos I end up with, here in this thread.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:31 pm

thomas__hooper wrote:Tomorrow I’ll be at The Volcom Garden for the East Austin Studio Tour - stop #323 - I’ll be there to answer questions and will be selling some of mine and @jbannon prints, I’ve gone through all my flat files and will bringing all my artist proofs and test prints of a lot of out of print and rare print editions, please come by and say hello and check out the work by @arikroper @aperfectmonster & @jbannon , from 12-5. #volcomgarden #thomashooper #thomashooperart #jacobbannon #johndyerbaizley #arikroper #astateofmatter

mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Previous

Return to Art Events