Thinkspace presents Bezt's "Beautiful Mistakes" 10/21-11/04

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby ToonKiller on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:Was hoping to raise enough funds for The Daughter or The Mountain Will Fall. Came up a bit short but ended up buying Between the Dreams and can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!

Congrats!

So can I have your free print? May as well give the free print to a poor since you're getting such a great piece :ziggi:

Print looks a lot better in those pics jkw.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:56 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:Was hoping to raise enough funds for The Daughter or The Mountain Will Fall. Came up a bit short but ended up buying Between the Dreams and can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!

Dude, congrats! That's awesome. So, you're flying in for the show?
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby FinalKickstand on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Driving in. It's about 3 hrs each way. May drive to Jersey then Uber in. Depends how I feel.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

ISO an avatar

Postby mfaith on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:Driving in. It's about 3 hrs each way. May drive to Jersey then Uber in. Depends how I feel.

Oh right, duh, it's NYC. Instinctually was thinking LA. :oops:
mfaith
EB Team

Postby FinalKickstand on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah once I heard Bezt and NYC I started saving and selling alot in prep. Cancelled MC plans too.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

ISO an avatar

Postby mfaith on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:14 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:Cancelled MC plans too.

Boo :(
mfaith
EB Team

Postby BB8 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:01 am

FinalKickstand wrote:Driving in. It's about 3 hrs each way. May drive to Jersey then Uber in. Depends how I feel.

Secaucus train station is a much better bet if you want to take the NJ option. It is one stop outside the city, will cost you dollars. On the way back outbound just about every train leaving Penn will stop at Secaucus. Also one stop. Better then $50+ uber each way.

Just FYI.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 pm

When are prints expected to drop?
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby mfaith on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 pm

If anybody ended up with an extra of the free Etam Skull prints, I'd enjoy having one. :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Postby BB8 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I asked when I was there and the girl didn't know.

Like someone else suggested earlier, I was a bit underwhelmed originally by the pieces that they previewed but then seeing them in person, some of the best pieces I've ever seen in any show I've ever been too. They're all huge and just breathtaking. Congrats to you FInalKickstand, I think the fact that you couldn't raise the funds for the two you were originally going for (as you mentioned) is a blessing in disguise. I think your piece is in the top 2 for sure, in my personal opinion. It's the kind of thing you stop and look at an just start running the numbers in your head trying to find a way to pull off affording it, ha - glad it was taken.

The prints are great. I was really happy with "Together We Will Live Forever" when I saw it in the gallery because it was not as dark at all. Infact, it looked even better then the picture posted in this thread earlier by jkw3000. "First four seconds" is great as well, although, looks as you would expect it to from the jpeg (looks great). I passed on the "Beautiful Mistakes" print. Kind of plain for my taste and few printers ever get that large chunk of black in the background right for prints, nothing different here. (just my opinion).

There is the "Together We Will Live Forever" drawing for $1,800 that was still available at the show. This drawing is... well... GREAT. Better than some of the paintings. If anyone is on the fence, Go for it..... I'm running the numbers trying to justify it, ha.

Great show I hope etam_cru, either or both, come back soon. Great show Spoke Art
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks.
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby jkw3000 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Yeah, the paintings definitely have to be seen to be critiqued properly - the scale of them and their detail is just fantastic. Some great work there - not necessarily anything that's gonna match like "First Love" per se but some really, really nice pieces nonetheless. Worth checking out in person if anybody's in the area.

I *think* the leftover prints may make it online Tuesday, so keep that in mind. Props to Thinkspace and Spoke Art and Bezt for a very nice evening. :pint:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby GiantBoyDective on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Congrats to finalkickstand on scoring that OG! Also big thanks to my peebee for grabbing me the freebie <3

My frands > your frands
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Image #trollcru

danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.

Postby treweman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:39 am

After seeing the sketch and JKW3000’s photos of the print Together We Will Live Forever in this thread, and then reading what BB8 and GiantBoyDetective wrote about the pieces in the show, I drank a bit of scotch, contacted the gallery, and a little after 3 am I was able to confirm with Andrew that the original sketch will be added to my collection. I have to admit that even at the last I hesitated. The sketch is quite large, which means that it will take up much needed wall space, and given that I almost always re-frame art that I acquire, there will be a significant added expense because of the size. And then there is the print. I came very close to passing on the sketch in favor of trying to acquire the print. I love the colors and the look ... So, I boldly comment that I am underwhelmed with what I saw online, and then turn around and buy an original from the show. In my defense, I’ve wanted something by Etam Cru for quite a while now, and though I would have preferred a joint effort by both Sainer and Bezt, for me, TWWLF is a very strong image. Not my favorite (Galimatias takes that honor - if you decide to sell, you know how to reach me), but certainly near the top, and the price is appealing and I get to scratch that itch.

Many thanks to JKW3000, GiantBoyDetective, and especially BB8 for sharing with the EB community.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 am

treweman wrote:After seeing the sketch and JKW3000’s photos of the print Together We Will Live Forever in this thread, and then reading what BB8 and GiantBoyDetective wrote about the pieces in the show, I drank a bit of scotch, contacted the gallery, and a little after 3 am I was able to confirm with Andrew that the original sketch will be added to my collection. I have to admit that even at the last I hesitated. The sketch is quite large, which means that it will take up much needed wall space, and given that I almost always re-frame art that I acquire, there will be a significant added expense because of the size. And then there is the print. I came very close to passing on the sketch in favor of trying to acquire the print. I love the colors and the look ... So, I boldly comment that I am underwhelmed with what I saw online, and then turn around and buy an original from the show. In my defense, I’ve wanted something by Etam Cru for quite a while now, and though I would have preferred a joint effort by both Sainer and Bezt, for me, TWWLF is a very strong image. Not my favorite (Galimatias takes that honor - if you decide to sell, you know how to reach me), but certainly near the top, and the price is appealing and I get to scratch that itch.

Many thanks to JKW3000, GiantBoyDetective, and especially BB8 for sharing with the EB community.

NICE!! Congratulations dude, you're not going to regret it. It's really nice and a bargain at that price. I'm jealous.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events