Thinkspace presents Bezt's "Beautiful Mistakes" 10/21-11/04

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby iambillyg on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:44 pm

lol k.
iambillyg
Art Expert

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 pm

His frands are better than your frands.

At being suckered.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby gorkie on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:11 pm

I think this is my favorite from the show. Even with his butt cheeks showing.

Second favorite.

gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby treweman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 pm

fallstaff wrote:
BB8 wrote:
treweman wrote:After seeing the sketch and JKW3000’s photos of the print Together We Will Live Forever in this thread, and then reading what BB8 and GiantBoyDetective wrote about the pieces in the show, I drank a bit of scotch, contacted the gallery, and a little after 3 am I was able to confirm with Andrew that the original sketch will be added to my collection. I have to admit that even at the last I hesitated. The sketch is quite large, which means that it will take up much needed wall space, and given that I almost always re-frame art that I acquire, there will be a significant added expense because of the size. And then there is the print. I came very close to passing on the sketch in favor of trying to acquire the print. I love the colors and the look ... So, I boldly comment that I am underwhelmed with what I saw online, and then turn around and buy an original from the show. In my defense, I’ve wanted something by Etam Cru for quite a while now, and though I would have preferred a joint effort by both Sainer and Bezt, for me, TWWLF is a very strong image. Not my favorite (Galimatias takes that honor - if you decide to sell, you know how to reach me), but certainly near the top, and the price is appealing and I get to scratch that itch.

Many thanks to JKW3000, GiantBoyDetective, and especially BB8 for sharing with the EB community.

NICE!! Congratulations dude, you're not going to regret it. It's really nice and a bargain at that price. I'm jealous.

Congrats also treweman. With a lot of deliberation and a bit of Scotch you picked a beautiful work!

And an ugly update. Apparently both Spoke Art and Thinkspace sold the piece in the wee hours of the morning, and my time stamp made me the second buyer. So, I’m not getting the piece. Rather bummed. Andrew at Thinkspace couldn’t have been any nicer about it. He promised me an AP of the print, and said he owes me, which is serious consolation for an honest mistake. In truth, my biggest regret is that I love the image and the price was exceptional for an OG by Bezt. Oh well I will frame the fudge out of that print and enjoy it until I can score an original.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Oof.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby sin on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Glad to hear the work looked better in person.
I wasn't blown away by the preview. My favorite piece by far was "The Last Night", mainly because it felt like echos of Hopper.
Congrats to everyone on the pick ups.
sin
Art Connoisseur

Postby GiantBoyDective on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Nah no suckering going on. Just a dude that didn't mind grabbing someone to go with them to help me out with one. Love me some etam Cru skulls.

Should have asked for a peebee billum there was only 50 when the show started I was told last night.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Image #trollcru

danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.

Postby iambillyg on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:Nah no suckering going on. Just a dude that didn't mind grabbing someone to go with them to help me out with one. Love me some etam Cru skulls.

Should have asked for a peebee billum there was only 50 when the show started I was told last night.

All good. Wasn’t worried about the skull. Will try for ‘Together’ and ‘First Four Seconds’ on the drop.
iambillyg
Art Expert

Postby GiantBoyDective on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 am

iambillyg wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:Nah no suckering going on. Just a dude that didn't mind grabbing someone to go with them to help me out with one. Love me some etam Cru skulls.

All good. Wasn’t worried about the skull. Will try for ‘Together’ and ‘First Four Seconds’ on the drop.

I knew what you meant
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Image #trollcru

danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.

Postby Scottjohnston on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Amazing body of work by Bezt, and yeah, it all shows much better in person!!

Codeblue wrote:Def a mediocre body of work (which will likely all still sell out cuz ZOMG etam cru).I like the one with the bird sinking into the floor.

That was one of my faves from the show, and I'm surprised it's still available given it's lower price, and it's still YUUGE! Wish I could have gotten my wife on board :hanging:

Also chatted with Bezt (for quite a while), and he's such a genuine dude! Super cool! Was also neat to see Ernest Zacahrevic there, and chat a bit with him. Overall, a great show put on by Spoke and Thinkspace, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :pint:
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Remaining #prints from #Bezt #EtamCru go online via @Spoke_Art web shop tomorrow at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern. Watch for link tomorrow AM.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby iambillyg on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Joe.
iambillyg
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm

jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Upsy daisy.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Codeblue on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm

iambillyg wrote:Wasn't expecting the $225 price tag for "Together We Will Live Forever".

Def a pretty extreme hike from the last prints. Guess they had to leave some meat on da bone for Thinkspace too.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events