Thinkspace presents Bezt's "Beautiful Mistakes" 10/21-11/04

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby FinalKickstand on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks guys I couldn't be happier. Bezt was a pleasure to talk to. Congrats on the sketch treweman. It really is great. Just be prepared for some dings on the paper here and there. If you're the sort bothered by that, they are noticeable.

It was nice talking w you BB8 and a few others but I was in my own world yesterday and not particularly chatty. I wasn't prepared for the sheer size or beauty. I don't think I could've fit The Mountain Will Fall into my house.

FinalKickstand
Art Expert

ISO an avatar

Postby mfaith on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 am

Congrats guys. Great scores. :cheers:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 am

The sketch has some dings, but I don't think they detract from it - they're not super noticeable unless you're examining it up close, though it definitely has a some wear akin to a beat-up sheet of glassine. There's nothing akin to a huge crease or obvious dent or big tear, at least not from what I remember in checking it out. But the velium I think makes it not as significant of an issue as paper, and for the price and size of an ink piece by Bezt I think it was definitely worth it treweman - I preferred it over the print given how great the linework looked in black and white. Congrats!

jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 am

it's the actual drawing he used for the print. The imperfections in the paper just add to it and makes it better in my opinion.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby FinalKickstand on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am

Agree w you guys it's a great piece and prelim sketches for prints tend to take some abuse.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

ISO an avatar

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 pm

iambillyg wrote:When are prints expected to drop?

I stopped by again today with a friend. Asked again for ya. Got "about a week" as an answer.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks. If I knew they were open today, I would have asked for a PB.
iambillyg
Art Expert

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 pm

iambillyg wrote:Thanks. If I knew they were open today, I would have asked for a PB.

I'll go back for you later or tomorrow morning if you want. If you meant me that is. If you didn't mean me, nevermind.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:40 pm

lol. I mean that for anyone who is near the gallery and wouldn't be inconvenienced by going.

If Joe goes for me, I promise to take blurry photos.
iambillyg
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Codeblue on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 pm

iambillyg wrote:lol. I mean that for anyone who is near the gallery and wouldn't be inconvenienced by going.

If Joe goes for me, I promise to take blurry photos.

Do ya even have any frands, bro?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby BB8 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

I have one 4 inch tube in my apartment and no paper. If I did it, you'd get the print(s) rolled in the plastic sleeve the gallery gives me and then put in the tube.

Up to you bruh
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:Do ya even have any frands, bro?

Does anyone have friends when it comes to posters?
iambillyg
Art Expert

Postby fallstaff on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 pm

BB8 wrote:
treweman wrote:After seeing the sketch and JKW3000’s photos of the print Together We Will Live Forever in this thread, and then reading what BB8 and GiantBoyDetective wrote about the pieces in the show, I drank a bit of scotch, contacted the gallery, and a little after 3 am I was able to confirm with Andrew that the original sketch will be added to my collection. I have to admit that even at the last I hesitated. The sketch is quite large, which means that it will take up much needed wall space, and given that I almost always re-frame art that I acquire, there will be a significant added expense because of the size. And then there is the print. I came very close to passing on the sketch in favor of trying to acquire the print. I love the colors and the look ... So, I boldly comment that I am underwhelmed with what I saw online, and then turn around and buy an original from the show. In my defense, I’ve wanted something by Etam Cru for quite a while now, and though I would have preferred a joint effort by both Sainer and Bezt, for me, TWWLF is a very strong image. Not my favorite (Galimatias takes that honor - if you decide to sell, you know how to reach me), but certainly near the top, and the price is appealing and I get to scratch that itch.

Many thanks to JKW3000, GiantBoyDetective, and especially BB8 for sharing with the EB community.

NICE!! Congratulations dude, you're not going to regret it. It's really nice and a bargain at that price. I'm jealous.

Congrats also treweman. With a lot of deliberation and a bit of Scotch you picked a beautiful work!
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:37 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya even have any frands, bro?

Does anyone have friends when it comes to posters?

GBD do.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events