Swoon: 1999-2017 @ CAC Cincinnati OH September 22nd-Feb 28th

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby technique on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

This will be the first major survey show of Swoon aka Caledonia Curry and is happening here Cincinnati OH this weekend and will be a massive show. The opening is this Friday at 8pm with Swoon in attendance...I can't explain how excited I am to see this in person. The show itself will take up the 4th and 5th floors of the museum with almost every piece she has ever done up until this point. Any forum members going to check this out? :drool:

technique
Art Expert

Postby Woo5lscott on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 am

I probably will, but I don't think I can make it down there this weekend though
Woo5lscott
Art Connoisseur

Postby technique on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:11 am

Woo5lscott wrote:I probably will, but I don't think I can make it down there this weekend though

Show will be up until next February 28th 2018 so plenty of time to check it out. The opening will be jam packed so i'll be going back a few times on less crowded days to get better pics of the work. From my experience the best days to go are Wednesday and Thursdays during the day.
technique
Art Expert

Postby Woo5lscott on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:36 pm

I think we're going to go next weekend, the old lady went to the Gulf Shores for this week
Woo5lscott
Art Connoisseur

Postby technique on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Just went to the opening which was super crowded so I went a second time today to snap better pics. The show is absolutely mind bending in scope and maybe the best show i've ever seen in person from a solo artist. The work is very cohesive taking up both the 4th and 5th floors. It's just something you'd have to see in person to appreciate all the work that Swoon and her team put into it. There is audio as well and some of it really made me appreciate what a great talent Swoon truly is and this show will no doubt skyrocket her to the top of the museum wanted list. I got to meet her at the show also and she couldn't have been nicer. Highly recommend anyone in the Cincinnati area to check this out if you get a chance. :drool:

technique
Art Expert

Postby technique on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 am

Didn't see a dedicated Swoon thread on here so just going to leave this here. New print in the works and felt it was even more appropriate since this piece is in the show

"Starting to color swatch a 16 layer silk screen edition of Thalassa."
technique
Art Expert

Return to Art Events