Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

finneganm wrote:They took the money and bought 1.5 bitcoins last fall. Hasn’t worked out as planned.
Buy high, sell low!
Jamilton
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am

It’s pretty outrageous that they raised so much money and don’t have a new site like 9 months later. Total scam.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:02 am

Yeah, what's the holdup? Or at least the latest update... seems to be getting worse.

Honestly, if I knew the first thing about coding or webdesign I would definitely help out in any way I could.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:13 pm

I have a suggestion: unpin this thread from the top and let it drop. As a practical matter we well exceeded the fundraising goal so keeping it pinned at the top merely acts as a marquis for the question, "what the hell is the progress on the project for which the money was raised?"

Keeping it pinned is like a hobo sitting outside McDonalds asking for hamburger money with a $50 bill hanging over the rim of the cup.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:21 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Yeah, what's the holdup? Or at least the latest update... seems to be getting worse.
I don’t know...I thought there was something almost ready months ago?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 pm

hardman314 wrote:Image
Yep. so am I.
And yes. It's frustrating.
At this point, we are looking at other options because the delays are beyond acceptable at this point. I don't want to get much further into things, but the board is discussing the subject. I know that isn't much, but I'm pretty disappointed in the project at this point, which sucks. Not sure what else I can say...
Tra la la la la...
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Time for whalaw to get all legal on their azz assuming he's still even involved in the site and was involved in drafting the contracts.

P. S. Oof and luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Yamar wrote: I don't want to get much further into things.
Why not? You guys took a bunch of peoples money and haven’t given any actual information about where it’s gone or what’s happening. Pretty drymountin shady.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Jamilton wrote:
Yamar wrote: I don't want to get much further into things.
Why not? You guys took a bunch of peoples money and haven’t given any actual information about where it’s gone or what’s happening. Pretty drymountin shady.
Oh calm down. There's nothing shady about any of it. He's given information when there was information to give. The fact of the matter is, there hasn't been any progress in months, which is frustrating to everyone involved. Obviously Yamar doesn't publicaly call anyone out because he's trying to salvage the situation and not make it worse. He hasn't updated because there's been nothing to update. Trust me, I'm as frustrated as anyone on here, as much time and energy as I put into this place, I'm as heavily invested as anyone (and I donated money too lol).
As mentioned before, months ago, there was a couple of early alpha versions that were made available to the EB Team to review and assess the featureset, and provide feedback that was meant to be incorporated before the beta rollout. Zero progress has been made since then, at least that anyone on our side has visibility to.
That's as much as I know. Nobody's being shady, there's just not a whole lot to say, unfortunately.
So it goes...
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Unpin the thread. Repin when there something to report
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
pj101ca
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:
P. S. Oof and luls.

don't forget..
Codeblue wrote:Duh
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:47 pm

mfaith wrote:Nobody's being shady
Then what would ya call the work stoppage of the company who was tasked with the project?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 am

Codeblue wrote:
mfaith wrote:Nobody's being shady
Then what would ya call the work stoppage of the company who was tasked with the project?
True, maybe "nobody" is too strong of a word. I just meant nobody on the EB side of things (i.e. people who'd be in a position to communicate here). But again, Yamar is trying to figure it all out still, but the long and short of it is that we're all in this together, and you guys know as much as we do, or at least as much as I do.
jjttdw wrote:Unpin the thread. Repin when there something to report
I've made this recommendation in the Team thread (unpin globally and just have it pinned in the News board).
So it goes...
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 am

luls.

You'd think after more than a year of "reviewing proposals", it would have been pretty easy to select a competent contractor.