SDCC 2017

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby dodgers77 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 pm

sincere86a wrote:Aren't there enough lotteries at SDCC? Badges, hotels, parking, Funko, etc. No thanks.

:thumbdown:
dodgers77
Art Expert

Postby charter on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm

35mmpaul wrote:god. please never a lottery. went to a sneaker lottery sale one time. bout 300 people there for 60 pairs of shoes. mostly peoples friends and family. myself included.

That's also every Mondo gallery show or flatfile sale lol.
charter
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:24 pm

So.... anything good come out of this? I don't think I saw anything good Mondo-related but maybe some other things that I don't pay attention to.

I think the Alien facehugger replica was there which looked legit for a good price.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby TheBeard on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

It's only a matter of time before pretty much everything that's flippable becomes lottery only, which is fine by me. Too many undeserving get rewarded. Obviously those that make their living off of flipping will do whatever they can to ensure they eat/sleep etc where as the more polite people tend to do it because they generally want. No one should be rewarded/punished because of their intention.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Everything in life should be a lottery amirite.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Is the beard talking about those #trufanz I keep hearing about?

Trufanz never flip or trade for higher value prints.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby TheBeard on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Is the beard talking about those #trufanz I keep hearing about?

Trufanz never flip or trade for higher value prints.

TheBeard
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 pm

TheBeard wrote:It's only a matter of time before pretty much everything that's flippable becomes lottery only, which is fine by me. Too many undeserving get rewarded. Obviously those that make their living off of flipping will do whatever they can to ensure they eat/sleep etc where as the more polite people tend to do it because they generally want. No one should be rewarded/punished because of their intention.

Who are these undeserving you speak of from your throne?
soam24
Art Freak

Postby sincere86a on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Wait how do we decide who "deserves" what? Will there be a TruFan registration?

:roll:
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Damn, if people are making their living off of flipping then they are probably barely scraping by.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby sincere86a on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:47 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Damn, if people are making their living off of flipping then they are probably barely scraping by.

Good luck making a living off SDCC. You'd have to flip a ton just to break even with the event.
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby charter on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Jojo had to get a day job by now.
charter
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:49 pm

soam24 wrote:
TheBeard wrote:It's only a matter of time before pretty much everything that's flippable becomes lottery only, which is fine by me. Too many undeserving get rewarded. Obviously those that make their living off of flipping will do whatever they can to ensure they eat/sleep etc where as the more polite people tend to do it because they generally want. No one should be rewarded/punished because of their intention.

Who are these undeserving you speak of from your throne?

people who butt in line, people who pay others to wait in line to pick up multiples to sell on eBay. Those types.

I have no issues with people waiting in line to get what they want to sell, but there is a line... somewhere.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:52 pm

charter wrote:Jojo had to get a day job by now.

Luls. Not really.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby JasonA91 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:59 pm

FBDOCollector wrote:
liptonsweettea wrote:so many asshole EBers cutting in line for Mitchell Drop. you know who you are, i thought you guys better than that. next time i will take a pic and post it here. so be on you guys better look good for the camera next time, didnt take a pic this time because they look like a bunch of hobo.

Seriously. I'm still sour about the whole experience, just from that one abysmall Mitchell line. There were people that got the print that were there an hour after me. My brother and I were behind the very first Mo cap in a group of about 5 before everyone spilled over to the cafe tables. Don't get me wrong, Mo had an impossible job, but the people that were patient, polite, and waited for the line to reopen, while Mo said "I promise we will get you guys in" got completely screwed. The people that edged toward the front as the capped line moved, and basically just shoved their way into it after it "opened" were rewarded. Took a picture of about 100 people in line ahead of me, that were certainly not there at 8:45 a.m. It was frustrating enough to see 100+ exhibitor badges lined up when we got there (though expected) but for fortune to favor the shovers and cutters is just crap. I hope they go to a lottery number system, or find a better way. Love Mondo the brand and they have enormously patient people dealing with the hordes, but hate most people. /Rant.

Yeah that Mitchell line was brutal. Was especially bad when the security guy started picking random people to allow into the line.
JasonA91
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events