SDCC 2017

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby EgoDeath on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Smells like returning registration may be this Saturday. Anyone trying?
User avatar
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

Postby dweebofthedead on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 am

I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

I so hope returning registration is this weekend and then regular is soon to follow. I'm ready to move from the rough plans stage to the full on planning!
User avatar
BENYOUNG20
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: STL

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:29 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!


I have a creative professional status so I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe trade has a similar registration process with one less guest.

They send a link where you can buy your badge and one guest. Registration lasts until they either run out of badges or the window itself closes (whichever is first). There's not usually a rush of people so you shouldn't have any problems getting your badge.

Also pretty sure trade pros are the last badge they sell (last year was creative, pre-reg, open-reg, trade).
User avatar
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am
Location: ATX

Postby egrimens on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:49 pm

sincere86a wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!


I have a creative professional status so I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe trade has a similar registration process with one less guest.

They send a link where you can buy your badge and one guest. Registration lasts until they either run out of badges or the window itself closes (whichever is first). There's not usually a rush of people so you shouldn't have any problems getting your badge.

Also pretty sure trade pros are the last badge they sell (last year was creative, pre-reg, open-reg, trade).


It should be noted even for Creative Professionals they used their random waiting room for free guest badge access.
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2166
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:53 pm

anyone know how to sign up for a press badge?
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:56 pm

egrimens wrote:It should be noted even for Creative Professionals they used their random waiting room for free guest badge access.


Forgot to mention that. Although I'm not sure it does that for Trade Pros since they don't get a free guest. Could be wrong though.
User avatar
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am
Location: ATX

Postby aibohphobia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 pm

For the first time in many years I wasn't approved for Professional. Same job, same franchise, same application I've submitted before. Not sure if the rules or qualifications changed but I'm mega bummed. And because I haven't attended as a Regular in awhile I'm not eligible for Pre-Reg which means I have to brave the Open Reg.

If anyone has an extra Pro badge space I would be super grateful. Can repay the favor with VIP access to the Print Collectors Meetup! 8)



35mmpaul wrote:anyone know how to sign up for a press badge?


Unfortunately you have to wait til next fall. The Press / Pro application period usually ends early October.
aibohphobia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3100
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Image _ Image

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:19 pm

word. no biggie.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 pm

aibohphobia wrote:For the first time in many years I wasn't approved for Professional. Same job, same franchise, same application I've submitted before. Not sure if the rules or qualifications changed but I'm mega bummed. And because I haven't attended as a Regular in awhile I'm not eligible for Pre-Reg which means I have to brave the Open Reg.


That's weird. Sorry to hear that. If you're going to brave open reg then I'd HIGHLY recommend joining a buying group online. It will increase your odds quite a bit. I usually try to help people during open reg and in the last 3 years I've only gotten to the front of the line once (Sunday badge only). Check the boards on Friends of CCI and you should be able to find a group.

http://www.friendsofcc.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9bcsm9p6ch52vtdld0d96o2jo5;wwwRedirect
User avatar
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am
Location: ATX

Postby EgoDeath on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 pm

35mmpaul wrote:word. no biggie.


You still have time, they haven't opened press this year. It is just the Pro stuff that closes in October.
User avatar
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

Postby EgoDeath on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 pm

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/press-faq watch this page for Press Updates. It's still showing last years info.
User avatar
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks dude!
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby aibohphobia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:51 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:word. no biggie.


You still have time, they haven't opened press this year. It is just the Pro stuff that closes in October.


Whoa! My bad, I thought it was the same window.
aibohphobia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3100
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Image _ Image

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 am

sincere86a wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!


I have a creative professional status so I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe trade has a similar registration process with one less guest.

They send a link where you can buy your badge and one guest. Registration lasts until they either run out of badges or the window itself closes (whichever is first). There's not usually a rush of people so you shouldn't have any problems getting your badge.

Also pretty sure trade pros are the last badge they sell (last year was creative, pre-reg, open-reg, trade).


Thanks for the insight, bud :pint:

As creative, how many guest badges can you buy?
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4950
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Next

Return to Art Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kramerica and 3 guests