SDCC 2017

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby EgoDeath on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Smells like returning registration may be this Saturday. Anyone trying?
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 am

I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

I so hope returning registration is this weekend and then regular is soon to follow. I'm ready to move from the rough plans stage to the full on planning!
BENYOUNG20
Art Connoisseur

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:29 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!

I have a creative professional status so I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe trade has a similar registration process with one less guest.

They send a link where you can buy your badge and one guest. Registration lasts until they either run out of badges or the window itself closes (whichever is first). There's not usually a rush of people so you shouldn't have any problems getting your badge.

Also pretty sure trade pros are the last badge they sell (last year was creative, pre-reg, open-reg, trade).
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby egrimens on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:49 pm

sincere86a wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:I got accepted as trade professional and curious how that'll all work!

I have a creative professional status so I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe trade has a similar registration process with one less guest.

They send a link where you can buy your badge and one guest. Registration lasts until they either run out of badges or the window itself closes (whichever is first). There's not usually a rush of people so you shouldn't have any problems getting your badge.

Also pretty sure trade pros are the last badge they sell (last year was creative, pre-reg, open-reg, trade).

It should be noted even for Creative Professionals they used their random waiting room for free guest badge access.
egrimens
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:53 pm

anyone know how to sign up for a press badge?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:56 pm

egrimens wrote:It should be noted even for Creative Professionals they used their random waiting room for free guest badge access.

Forgot to mention that. Although I'm not sure it does that for Trade Pros since they don't get a free guest. Could be wrong though.
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby aibohphobia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 pm

For the first time in many years I wasn't approved for Professional. Same job, same franchise, same application I've submitted before. Not sure if the rules or qualifications changed but I'm mega bummed. And because I haven't attended as a Regular in awhile I'm not eligible for Pre-Reg which means I have to brave the Open Reg.

If anyone has an extra Pro badge space I would be super grateful. Can repay the favor with VIP access to the Print Collectors Meetup! 8)

35mmpaul wrote:anyone know how to sign up for a press badge?

Unfortunately you have to wait til next fall. The Press / Pro application period usually ends early October.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Image _ Image

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:19 pm

word. no biggie.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby sincere86a on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 pm

aibohphobia wrote:For the first time in many years I wasn't approved for Professional. Same job, same franchise, same application I've submitted before. Not sure if the rules or qualifications changed but I'm mega bummed. And because I haven't attended as a Regular in awhile I'm not eligible for Pre-Reg which means I have to brave the Open Reg.

That's weird. Sorry to hear that. If you're going to brave open reg then I'd HIGHLY recommend joining a buying group online. It will increase your odds quite a bit. I usually try to help people during open reg and in the last 3 years I've only gotten to the front of the line once (Sunday badge only). Check the boards on Friends of CCI and you should be able to find a group.

http://www.friendsofcc.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9bcsm9p6ch52vtdld0d96o2jo5;wwwRedirect
sincere86a
Art Connoisseur

Postby EgoDeath on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 pm

35mmpaul wrote:word. no biggie.

You still have time, they haven't opened press this year. It is just the Pro stuff that closes in October.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Postby EgoDeath on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 pm

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/press-faq watch this page for Press Updates. It's still showing last years info.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks dude!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby aibohphobia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:51 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:word. no biggie.

You still have time, they haven't opened press this year. It is just the Pro stuff that closes in October.

Whoa! My bad, I thought it was the same window.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Image _ Image

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 am

sincere86a wrote:

Thanks for the insight, bud :pint:

As creative, how many guest badges can you buy?
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Next

Return to Art Events