Thought Bubble 2016, Leeds, England.

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.

Postby fitz on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:14 pm

renpen2112 wrote:
matttaylordraws wrote:
renpen2112 wrote:Doesn't look too good for Jock been there either, said last night he's in Austin week before so was unsure.
Personally think Mondocon been the week before has put a lot of the artists off.

i can confirm that as an artist, being in Austin the week before is going to be super stressful, but still looking forwards to Thought Bubble and will try to have some new stuff which is exclusive for TB rather than just being leftovers from Mondocon!

Legend, you heard whether Mondo are making an appearance themselves this year with the 2 dates been so close Matt ??

given how close it is and with no announcement I am guessing not - certainly its looking very light on the prints front this year after some good recent events - still from a comics point of view at least it is by a country mile the best Con in the UK (Mignola, Azaceta, Babs Tarr, the creative team from Squirrel Girl, Kris Anka, Becky Cloonan, Jeff Lemire etc. etc. so I am happy enough in any event).

trying but failing to track down a copy of Matt Taylor's variant cover of Snowblind - Matt - any chance you will have any? :)
fitz
Art Expert

Postby renpen2112 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:20 am

I've tried asking Mondo if they've any plans to attend this time, suggested bring Mondocon left overs with them to give us UK guys a shot ! Not heard anything like :(
renpen2112
Art Connoisseur

Postby fitz on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:31 am

renpen2112 wrote:I've tried asking Mondo if they've any plans to attend this time, suggested bring Mondocon left overs with them to give us UK guys a shot ! Not heard anything like :(

if it doesn't sell out at MC then it is not going to be anything people are majorly ISO - if they want to excite the UK community and sell out then they need to bring a Moss or a Stout or something else which will generate some buzz :)
fitz
Art Expert

Postby renpen2112 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 am

Fingers crossed pal but not holding much hope even Mondo will be there this time.
renpen2112
Art Connoisseur

Postby fitz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:30 am

renpen2112 wrote:Fingers crossed pal but not holding much hope even Mondo will be there this time.

I would say next to no chance for this year, I was thinking about future events :)

Olly is pretty matey with the organisers so there is a chance he may rock up in any event (fingers crossed).
fitz
Art Expert

Postby fitz on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 am

fitz wrote:
renpen2112 wrote:Fingers crossed pal but not holding much hope even Mondo will be there this time.

I would say next to no chance for this year, I was thinking about future events :)

Olly is pretty matey with the organisers so there is a chance he may rock up in any event (fingers crossed).

Mondo appear on the map for the event but no word as yet from them themselves. :?
fitz
Art Expert

Postby LarryForsyth on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am

Picked up my ticket from Travelling Man yesterday. Can't believe how quickly time has gone this year.

Don't think I've seen many of the regular artist crowd confirm their attendance yet apart from Delort...anyone else a definite yet?
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Postby fitz on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:37 pm

LarryForsyth wrote:Picked up my ticket from Travelling Man yesterday. Can't believe how quickly time has gone this year.

Don't think I've seen many of the regular artist crowd confirm their attendance yet apart from Delort...anyone else a definite yet?

Matt Ferguson, Raid 71, think that is about it - not a strong year from a prints perspective but a really good one for comics fans

Got a response from Mondo a couple of weeks ago saying they were still thinking about a coming and to keep an eye out for an official announcement but nothing as yet and not holding out much hope for it.
fitz
Art Expert

Postby CakesandComics on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:16 am

I am going to be there with Vice Press. We have some cool releases planned. Also pretty sure Matt Taylor is coming. Nico as well and Jonathan Burton. So there's good stuff for sure.

We will start teasing in the next week or so what we have.
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur

Postby matttaylordraws on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:22 pm

damn, i hope Mondo are coming otherwise i'm going to have an empty table next to me!

i shall be there with my Inforama Jurassic Park and Avengers posters (which will be the only place to get them as i most likely wont have my webshop open again this year) as well as some other bits and pieces - look forwards to seeing you all!
matttaylordraws
Art Connoisseur

Postby xenmate on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 am

working on a little TB exclusive today

xenmate
Art Connoisseur

Postby WolfBrewer on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:59 am

xenmate wrote:working on a little TB exclusive today

:notworthy:
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby thewerepuppygrr on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 am

Any news? Less than two weeks to go and it seems like things are much smaller this year.
thewerepuppygrr
Art Connoisseur

Postby CakesandComics on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:54 am

Loads of stuff this year.
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur

Postby SergeantD on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 pm

CakesandComics wrote:
Loads of stuff this year.

Are you still going to have the Porco Rosso APs at Thought Bubble?
SergeantD
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Art Events