Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.

Postby oldgreg on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 am

Pawel wrote:Any update on the 45 prints?


Mike posted this in his fan group:

Update on the 45 prints

So, unfortunately, I unboxed the 45 prints to sign and number them today, only to find about 80% of them are slightly damaged. We narrowed it down to the paper being fickle (despite its beauty) so we're going to print them again on a more reliable paper.

Next week I'll be sending an email to everyone who ordered one with more details. Obviously if you'd like a refund, that's no problem.

I'm really sorry about this. Was pumped to get these out this week, but it looks like it's gonna be a while before these are ready to go.
User avatar
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 am
Location: Round Rock, TX

Postby Pawel on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am

oldgreg wrote:
Pawel wrote:Any update on the 45 prints?


Mike posted this in his fan group:

Update on the 45 prints

So, unfortunately, I unboxed the 45 prints to sign and number them today, only to find about 80% of them are slightly damaged. We narrowed it down to the paper being fickle (despite its beauty) so we're going to print them again on a more reliable paper.

Next week I'll be sending an email to everyone who ordered one with more details. Obviously if you'd like a refund, that's no problem.

I'm really sorry about this. Was pumped to get these out this week, but it looks like it's gonna be a while before these are ready to go.


thanks a lot
Pawel
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Postby lazukor on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Pawel wrote:
oldgreg wrote:
Pawel wrote:Any update on the 45 prints?


Mike posted this in his fan group:

Update on the 45 prints

So, unfortunately, I unboxed the 45 prints to sign and number them today, only to find about 80% of them are slightly damaged. We narrowed it down to the paper being fickle (despite its beauty) so we're going to print them again on a more reliable paper.

Next week I'll be sending an email to everyone who ordered one with more details. Obviously if you'd like a refund, that's no problem.

I'm really sorry about this. Was pumped to get these out this week, but it looks like it's gonna be a while before these are ready to go.


thanks a lot


Appreciate the update. Was wondering the latest. But, it's worth the wait for this awesome image!
lazukor
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am

Postby plaink on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 pm

So no stonehenge 90lb paper on them then?
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Postby mfaith on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 pm

mondocon wrote:Debuting at @sirmitchell's booth! #mondocon4 #MikeLand

User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 31220
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImage

Postby chalkdust on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:15 pm

well that's damn cute
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6252
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Postby finneganm on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 pm

ISO doobie variant.

But where the puppies are smoking doobies.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14695
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ
...
...
That's what she said

Postby ToonKiller on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 pm

ISO puppies hot boxing the box
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: ♬ High Plains Drifter ♬

Postby mfaith on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 pm

finneganm wrote:ISO doobie variant.

But where the puppies are smoking doobies.

Plan was to have a "Roll Your Own" Doobie variant, where instead of it being printed differently, it's really just the same print with a marker taped to the back of it, so you can draw it in yourself. Limited to 50.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 31220
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImage

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

ToonKiller wrote:ISO puppies hot boxing the box


legit loled at the thought of this.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6635
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby mfaith on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 pm

User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 31220
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImage

Postby SPAC04 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 pm

mfaith wrote:

cool :)
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Postby costaki on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:34 pm

any more previews before the con?
User avatar
costaki
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Austin

Postby mfaith on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:37 pm

costaki wrote:any more previews before the con?

In the con thread
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 31220
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImage

Postby SteveGo on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:01 pm

If Mike is reading this, have you ever considered doing profiles of Sports Head Coaches or Sports figures in general?

I would kill for an Andy Reid profile with him in his Chiefs attire.
User avatar
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:25 pm
Location: Tucson

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bootstrut, canuck, celloman85, Chandler53, ciphe, dawgsdt90, icculus1946, Mapman, mfaith, mhanc, Mjohnson541991, oldgreg, sb13, sidewaysscott, toobs, Trungtastic, WhoLikesRingo, xDIRTYxDANx and 23 guests