Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 am

applehead wrote:Speaking of Test Prints, I picked up this test print at Chucks show:
Went to that Panic show and also Chuck's accompanying show and had the opportunity to pick up either a test or variant of that print but the lack of strings on the mando drives me nuts. Still should have grabbed one but...
I'm not someone else.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
applehead wrote:Speaking of Test Prints, I picked up this test print at Chucks show:
Went to that Panic show and also Chuck's accompanying show and had the opportunity to pick up either a test or variant of that print but the lack of strings on the mando drives me nuts. Still should have grabbed one but...
So, draw some strings. It'll still be a test print ... x2 :lol:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Dammit! :lol:
I'm not someone else.
GoreMetChef
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
So, draw some strings. It'll still be a test print ... x2 :lol:
Missed opportunity to have it remarked by Chuck with strings lol
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
There was another 1-2 other WSP Oakland test prints to choose from, but this one had the pattern and more color, and one was black/white. I had them side by side and wish I could have taken a pic.

I haven't read anything on here about the drama about the #2 ticket. So the guy who picked #17 paid the guy with #2 $2000 for his ticket, and also gave him his #17 ticket (sweet deal for #2 imo). Dude wanted first shot, and it was worth 2k to him. He wanted a Semele panel, only to find out once he was inside there were none of those for sale. Also inside, the purchase rules were laid explained to collectors. Dude got drunk while waiting in line and was tipsy for sure. He knocked over the entire stack of test prints onto the ground, and almost got his ass kicked out. The look on the faces of the guys helping Chuck was priceless. In the end, he walked away with just about the same as he would have gotten with the # 17 ticket. True story.
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 pm

applehead wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
There was another 1-2 other WSP Oakland test prints to choose from, but this one had the pattern and more color, and one was black/white. I had them side by side and wish I could have taken a pic.

I haven't read anything on here about the drama about the #2 ticket. So the guy who picked #17 paid the guy with #2 $2000 for his ticket, and also gave him his #17 ticket (sweet deal for #2 imo). Dude wanted first shot, and it was worth 2k to him. He wanted a Semele panel, only to find out once he was inside there were none of those for sale. Also inside, the purchase rules were laid explained to collectors. Dude got drunk while waiting in line and was tipsy for sure. He knocked over the entire stack of test prints onto the ground, and almost got his ass kicked out. The look on the faces of the guys helping Chuck was priceless. In the end, he walked away with just about the same as he would have gotten with the # 17 ticket. True story.
lol yeah I heard this.
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap:

I wasn't a huge fan of the "lottery" for the show I attended. When the dude is pulling tickets from his pocket, looking at them, shuffling them around, putting some back in his pocket then giving it, didn't seem that random.

I forget the name of the bigger guy with the ponytail that helps manage the line but I can imagine his reaction when the test prints were knocked over. He was over the hippies by noon.
I'm not someone else.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Luls. I'd love to know who that EBer is.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Bowboski
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:48 pm

:pint:
Last edited by Bowboski on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Waitwut
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Wut?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
partpat
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Kramerica wrote:Wut?

Someone sold the #2 ticket for 2k plus the number 17 spot. Apparently another or perhaps the same individual knocked the whole stack of test prints on the ground. The biker dude doing the door was hysterical.
Bowboski
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:10 pm

applehead wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:

I was inside and I witness him already in the buyers box when the test stacks fell over. I yelled to warned him but it was to late they just slide over about 20 prints total.( I still have nightmares of him looking around saying "I didn't know, meant to do (in a slow motion)slowing walking away...." but he walked away with several prints. I don't think he was after a Semele he got what he was after on the #2. I snapped a photo of him afterwards but I won't post it. Its better to have friends with deep pockets than foe's with hard to find prints.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Looks like we know who the number 2 buyer is.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

partpat wrote:The biker dude doing the door was hysterical.
This.