Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:10 pm

aldobishalini wrote:I was refreshing the page on my iPad over the last hour. Then i refreshed on my iPhone and it said sold out down the list. Why wasn’t my iPad not showing the updated page status? Does anyone know?
were you on the main page or the individual blog post? main page was delayed on this one, atleast for me. being on the individual blog post, it showed first there.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:10 pm

nobokov wrote:Brutal. Lesson learned - never go for a variant...
Not really
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
maddog76
Flipper

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:11 pm

+1 reg, one these days i'll go for a variant, of course I'll then miss and then decide never to go for a variant again.
geezer
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Codeblue wrote:That ain't early. Duke said it was early.
Before 9:00 is early, Duke.
GoreMetChef
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:12 pm

dodgers77 wrote:
GoreMetChef wrote:+1 reg :pint:
+1 :cheers: Best gig poster by Sperry this year so far imo !
Agreed. Erato followed by this are my 2 fav Sperrys this year easily.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:I was refreshing the page on my iPad over the last hour. Then i refreshed on my iPhone and it said sold out down the list. Why wasn’t my iPad not showing the updated page status? Does anyone know?
were you on the main page or the individual blog post? main page was delayed on this one, atleast for me. being on the individual blog post, it showed first there.
I was on the blog post. I mean, I never score on his drops anyway so i am not super salty, but even after 5 minutes of being sold out, i was refreshing the page and it still didn’t say sold out anywhere, just the message he had before the drop. Maybe i was refreshing too fast? I’m stumped.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
GoreMetChef
Art Expert

halftonegraphics wrote:
the blog post said below the image that it would appear on that page
jlions13
New User

I'm pretty sure I just got one... I got an email confirmation... booyah! My first +1 :)
GoreMetChef
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:14 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
I was on the blog post. I mean, I never score on his drops anyway so i am not super salty, but even after 5 minutes of being sold out, i was refreshing the page and it still didn’t say sold out anywhere, just the message he had before the drop. Maybe i was refreshing too fast? I’m stumped.
Maybe it was caching an older version of the page? I never go for Chuck's drops on my ipad or phone--desktop with a direct wired connection every time
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 pm

geezer wrote:
Codeblue wrote:That ain't early. Duke said it was early.
Before 9:00 is early, Duke.
Anytime between 8:45-9:15 is pretty normal in my experience.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ajaxbro
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Great poster for a great freaking show at the Capitol. They really killed it.

+1 on the lava as well :pint:
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:20 pm

GoreMetChef wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
Maybe it was caching an older version of the page? I never go for Chuck's drops on my ipad or phone--desktop with a direct wired connection every time
I realized it was probably an old cache. I don’t have a desktop and my MacBook Pro’s trackpad and keyboard just failed the other day, so that is out of commish right now. I was pretty much doomed from the start, wasn’t i? Haha
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Marciano315
Art Enthusiast

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

One of my favorite Sperry prints, but I can't seem to ever get a more popular release from him, I was refreshing every 2-3 seconds, clicked buy now the moment it appeared, have paypal one touch thing so I don't have to log in, and still sold out too fast :( hopefully he does a similar looking girl in the future
thefiend5
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Id always use a computer when possible man, ipads and phones are sketchy for a sperry drop
thefiend5
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 pm

oh and plus one on the sparkle foil for meh

WE GOING TO SIZZLER