Art Expert

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 pm

albinos have red irises but their skin is white, not blue

bafffffling
Welcome to the sleaze pit
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm

I mean forget about the message Chuck's trying to portray. Let's focus on the teeth. It's the plight of women throughout time. Their thoughts don't matter, all people seem to care about is how they look. Case in point.
ImageImage
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 pm

noeldaddy wrote:I mean forget about the message Chuck's trying to portray. Let's focus on the teeth. It's the plight of women throughout time. Their thoughts don't matter, all people seem to care about is how they look. Case in point.

This times a milllion
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Horse mouth, nose eyelash/mustache hair thing, fugliness overall, but I still thought it was cool.
belltown
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Laguy34 wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:I mean forget about the message Chuck's trying to portray. Let's focus on the teeth. It's the plight of women throughout time. Their thoughts don't matter, all people seem to care about is how they look. Case in point.

This times a milllion
Times a billion...
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 am

I get what you're saying', believe me. You don't know how much I want to like it...it's just...bad.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:21 am

Don't like this one at all
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 am

So Chuck made this one hideous on purpose to make a point? Of course not. You can objectively call this bad art without insulting women.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am

Looks like Chuck was going for a woman who is happy (smile) and confident (head held up) looking up (a positive future) and he succeeded in getting that message across. No doubt.

I will say that it does bring a smile to my face each time I look at it...along with a chuckle.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 am

I think the vast majority of people still don't "get" Chuck's style of transforming 3-D human images into 2-D "flat" representations, which have no relationship to realism.
So, he'll always have the boo-birds cat-calling. My guess is that he doesn't give a fuckk about those naysayers.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:42 am

Rick_a_c wrote:I think the vast majority of people still don't "get" Chuck's style of transforming 3-D human images into 2-D "flat" representations.
WUT
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 am

IWish wrote:Looks like Chuck was going for a woman who is happy (smile) and confident (head held up) looking up (a positive future) and he succeeded in getting that message across. No doubt.

I will say that it does bring a smile to my face each time I look at it...along with a chuckle.
Are you a fan of hot air balloons? They seem like they would be a natural fit for you.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

IWish wrote:
I get what you're saying', believe me. You don't know how much I want to like it...it's just...bad.
I get it too. All's fair on EB. Believe me, I support women as much as anyone in the room - not ONLY with words, but with many personal actions and sacrifices I have made over the years.

But c'mon, EB is an art discussion site, and by the judgment of many, this is not Chuck's strongest effort.

Reflexively tying art comments to gender is kinda self-righteous, imo. Maybe even sexist.

Carry on.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

DoubleDown wrote:Are you a fan of hot air balloons? They seem like they would be a natural fit for you.
Wut? You lost me...
1000steps wrote:Reflexively tying art comments to gender is kinda self-righteous, imo. Maybe even sexist.
Yep. I agree with everything you said; especially, the above.
Rick_a_c wrote:I think the vast majority of people still don't "get" Chuck's style of transforming 3-D human images into 2-D "flat" representations, which have no relationship to realism.
So, he'll always have the boo-birds cat-calling. My guess is that he doesn't give a fuckk about those naysayers.
Heh. I get it. There have been other prints of his that don't appeal, to me. This just happens to be one of them.

It's not an easy thing to take a 3D human image and translate into 2D flat, believe me...I know. In my earlier attempts I ended-up with clown faces. Every. Time. The mouth, especially with teeth, is difficult to draw using digital software. In my experience, anyway.

Rick, I love Chuck's work - hits or misses...he has been an inspiration, to me. Here's a draft of an image that I've been working on...

"Wish" https://imgur.com/TKHVIYJ
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Nice image, Sue!

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically when I mentioned the naysayers of images that are in the realm of Chuck's very European, almost nouveau-French style of "flattening" human images.
I'm sure you get it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.