Paypal Guide for Poster People

General art-related discussion.
palehighway

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:29 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coxgt
Art Expert

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:40 am

Good tips! And you're right Knowing IS half the battle!

NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
palehighway

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:41 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
getoutoftheleftlane
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:46 am

palehighway wrote:Here are a few things you can do to keep scandalous dickweeds from plantin' stem in your dirt chute.

:D
pioneer
Flipper

Wed May 16, 2007 7:32 pm

I posted this in the Coachella thread due to the high number of damaged prints, and I will post it here, since it is the best place for it.

When an item is purchased through eBay, Paypal offers two kinds of coverage.

1) Item not Received. If you don't get the item you paid for, you can file this claim.

2) Item Not as Described. They say it is Mint, and it is not.

Simple enough.

but.............

Items NOT purchased through eBay. Such as a poster purchased from someone on this site.

1) Item Not Received. See above.

.....And that's all you are covered for.

YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR "Item Not as Described"

So, watch out should you think someone is maybe say, not trustworthy. In all reality, they could send you a damaged poster, or for that matter, an empty tube, and there is nothing you can do about it as far as PayPal goes. Your claim will be denied because it "Does NOT Meet Qualifications". As I said in the other thread, I know most people are honest on this site, but buyer beware. I do have to mention, that if you pay via PayPal with a Credit Card, you may be able to get your CC company to help you out.

Also, if you file a claim for "Item Not Received", and then you get the item and its damaged, the way I read the PayPal user agreement you cannot then file a "Not as Described Claim" Only one claim per transaction. Maybe someone else with some expreience dealing with this issue can chime in.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
pioneer
Flipper

Wed May 16, 2007 7:40 pm

palehighway wrote:Hey Everybody, I'm actually starting a thread instead of posting in an inappropriate one. Anyway, i thought it would be helpful if we started listing lessons learned concerning dealing with paypal and ebay for people that only sell a few posters here and there, so that they don't have to go through the misery of dealing with one of the few random asswipes out there.

Here are a few things you can do to keep scandalous dickweeds from plantin' stem in your dirt chute

1.) Ship to confirmed paypal addresses only, if the buyer asks you to ship it somewhere else, save the email.
2.) Either add insurance into your shipping and handling charge, or require the buyer to purchase it every time
3.) Always use delivery confirmation, it is free if you print your labels from paypal, and it is the first thing paypal asks for if a dispute arises
4.) If you use a single invoice for multiple posters, but still ship using more than one tube, paypal will attempt to retrieve the value of the entire order even if only one tube is damaged.
5.) I believe your customs slip can be used as delivery confirmation for the few foreign nations that paypal requires it for.
6.) If you want to start an ebay dispute you, the buyer, must purchase insurance

that's all i've got right now, hopefully other people can add more useful stuff than the obvious things i've already written, knowing is half the battle
Excellent thread, I'm sure that the many who will read it will be better educated. Those that don't will at some point wish they did! Your item #2 is something every seller needs to do all of the time. If the item is purchased through eBay (see above post), it is the SELLERS responsibility to get the item to the buyer in the condition stated. I have won a PayPal dispute filed by a buyer with a crushed tube because he refused "Highly Recommended" insurance for overseas shipments. I now insure all of my packages, just to be on the safe side.
Last edited by pioneer on Wed May 16, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 pm

good stuff! Thank you!
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2007 2:40 am

1.) If you're going to use the name "Pollock" in your ebay auctions hopefully your piece pertains to a work created by Jim Pollock.

2.) It's spelled "P-o-l-l-o-c-k".

http://cgi.ebay.com/Autographed-Phish-F ... dZViewItem

:?
thegig
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2007 3:02 am

A great thing to do w/ insurance is to include it in the shipping charge but require the buyer to pay .01 for it under the insurance option. There's no question that they're gettin' it, and it "only costs" .01. ;)