The Tom Whalen & Dave Perillo Thread of Autumn Philly Toons

General art-related discussion.
mh4268
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 am

dasponyboy wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:The water looks so much more natural in the variant. Usually the reg has the "normal" color. Princess and the frog I will definitely get at such a nice price. Whalen did a nice job mixing his own style with an African style.

I'm a fan of the vibrant blue on the variant but I like everything else about the reg
I agree with this, still not sure which I prefer. The background water Takes up a large part of the print.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Was excited to find some Target coins last night at the store. Loaded them up with $5 each...

Got home and realized its the older coin, NOT the one I was looking for. SO, the hunt continues. Need me some tokens to pay for those Whalen APs!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Frankabilia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Anthrax screen printed poster by Tom Whalen! Available this Thursday, February 16th @ 11:00 a.m. CST on http://www.rockabilia.com. Hand-numbered limited edition of 181 for $30. Printed by Lady Lazarus.

From Tom:

It wasn't until I was in college that I got my first real dose of Anthrax with 1993's "Sound of White Noise." As a child of the 80's who grew up on the east coast, you'd think I'd have discovered and loved them from their outset, but with a decidedly sheltered musical taste (shaped mainly by the pop hits of NBC's Friday Night Videos), it wasn't meant to be.

The upside of my college-years epiphany is that there was a treasure trove of classic Anthrax albums sitting there waiting for me to discover. I devoured everything from "Spreading the Disease" to "Among the Living" to "Persistence of Time" in short order.

Twenty-some years after I found them, Anthrax is creating some of the most vital, exciting music of their careers. They remain one of my all-time favorite bands and it is an honor to have collaborated with them on the "New York, New York" design that celebrates their roots, spirit and longevity.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Whalen did a Lego movie poster, chances of a Lego Batman poster?
Frankabilia
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Up! http://www.rockabilia.com/catalog/produ ... tegory/94/
Frankabilia wrote:Anthrax screen printed poster by Tom Whalen! Available this Thursday, February 16th @ 11:00 a.m. CST on http://www.rockabilia.com. Hand-numbered limited edition of 181 for $30. Printed by Lady Lazarus.

From Tom:

It wasn't until I was in college that I got my first real dose of Anthrax with 1993's "Sound of White Noise." As a child of the 80's who grew up on the east coast, you'd think I'd have discovered and loved them from their outset, but with a decidedly sheltered musical taste (shaped mainly by the pop hits of NBC's Friday Night Videos), it wasn't meant to be.

The upside of my college-years epiphany is that there was a treasure trove of classic Anthrax albums sitting there waiting for me to discover. I devoured everything from "Spreading the Disease" to "Among the Living" to "Persistence of Time" in short order.

Twenty-some years after I found them, Anthrax is creating some of the most vital, exciting music of their careers. They remain one of my all-time favorite bands and it is an honor to have collaborated with them on the "New York, New York" design that celebrates their roots, spirit and longevity.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Mystery Tube acquisition for the win!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 pm

missed out on round 2, cart emptied during checkout :(
oh well i pretty much have everything from Tom that I want, the mini print was interesting
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I picked up a couple because I LIKE A MYSTERY. For some reason he seemed kind of surprised that these were gong to sell out.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm

glenn1 wrote:I picked up a couple because I LIKE A MYSTERY. For some reason he seemed kind of surprised that these were gong to sell out.
lol yeah, silly tom. was surprised he had that many to drop! 125 tubes at $50 a pop, nice wednesday for him! :D
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Mystery tube has landed!
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Freaking A. Can't believe I forgot about this!
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Nice! I'm bummed I missed it.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Ha, I want that Batman, but mostly because it has Iron Hill on there. Literally eating there tonight with friends.
Weaksauce
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 am

More mystery tubes tomorrow in the AM
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:39 am

Mystery tube arrived yesterday