What to do...

General art-related discussion.
starkiller
EB Team

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:51 pm

palehighway wrote:Not only did he get a refund now he wants a credit card charge back also
Doesn't Paypal not permit buyers to do both paypal claim and credit card chargeback? Not like Paypal is great with following their own rules.. just wondering.

Also - definitely file the paypal claim and don't feel bad. Seems as if the seller doesn't care to deal with you or stick to their word.
rise1111
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:31 pm

Update...

BEHOLD the power of EB forums!!!

I finally, just now, received a partial paypal refund from the seller as promised.

Literally 29 emails between the 2 of us... and a month after purchase.

Glad I didn't have to subject the seller to a public EB forum lashing.

I've canceled the Paypal claim and will not leave negative ebay feedback, as I promised.

Thanks for all the imput.
watersbrad
Art Expert

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Nice to see you take the classy approach to resolving this; and you got the seller to comply with his/her promise quickly ta'boot.
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:48 pm

ok, really, who was it? :lol:
pioneer
Flipper

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 pm

FYI..

PayPals policy states that a buyer has a right to a refund if the item is received in a lesser condition than was described. A buyer who does not purchase insurance is the SELLERS problem, not the buyers. I had a poster I sold to some tool from Spain, and he claimed it was damaged. My auction description stated that I would not be responsible for damaged/lost items if insurance was refused. I also state in my auctions that insurance is "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED". After the guy filed the claim, I called a paypal rep, and was told that it was my job to ensure delivery of the item in the condition stated in the item description, anything less and the buyer would usually win the claim. And guess what--he did. It was only $35 for the poster, and $15 for shipping, not a ton of $, but I thought I was covered. I now add insurance into my shipping price so I won't have the same problem again.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
palehighway

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:27 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:02 am

starkiller wrote:
palehighway wrote:Not only did he get a refund now he wants a credit card charge back also
Doesn't Paypal not permit buyers to do both paypal claim and credit card chargeback? Not like Paypal is great with following their own rules.. just wondering.

Also - definitely file the paypal claim and don't feel bad. Seems as if the seller doesn't care to deal with you or stick to their word.
Not true.

I got scammed $400 on ebay. I first filed with paypal and paypal/ebay only gave me back $175. they said i was only protected for $200 minus the $25 service fee. So i said screw that, thats not enough. I did a chargeback with amex. Since nothing was ever shipped to me I got that $400 back from amex who obviously took it back from paypal. paypal sent a automatically generated email (so i guess its a common thing) that they had accepted my CC chargeback.

I figured they would recharge me $175 or onyl credit me the remaining $225.

NOPE! I got a full $400 back and got to keep the initial refund of $175. Been over a year and no word yet.