Art Expert

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:14 am

Tamarind is not the law well they sure have alotta juice , no pun intended
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:55 am

Yamar wrote:Doug and Rene... I think you're both missing one point (as both of you mention directly or making me infer that you think that sunset/Thomas just posted this) -- this post is from May of 2004. Thomas did not bump this post - that would be pjtaper today asking about the H/C labeling of a print.
cushway wrote:Dear Sunsetbrew;

Excellent summation of the print thing....I'm going to try and order that book. Any other similar 'goodies"?

Phil
Check again, I would have never noticed if it wasn't at the top already! What did come first, the chicken or the egg?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 am

Yes, I missed that. Not that it matters who bumped it. The fact remains that Thomas's post was made almost 3.5 years ago and not recently.
Tra la la la la...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:07 am

it only mattered when I bumped it, otherwise you wouldn't have pointed that out yo...
:roll:
cushway
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:00 am

What does 'bump' mean?

P.
cushway
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:00 am

awq
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 am

"bump" - to tack on to a post that has been dormant for some time, thus pushing it to the top of a forum stack.

And I do hope that you're joking there taper - I could care less who it was that made a post to bump the thread. I only registered that you had done it because you asked a question that I had posted an answer to.
Tra la la la la...
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:45 pm

lets see... you guys are trying to set the uniform standards for conditions of posters (mint and ubermint)... the standards for packing posters, the standards for labeling prints such as artprint versus lotart, a uniform method of tracking posters with a registry, and on and on. You bring on Cushway as an advisor who himself wants to set uniform standards for tracking posters in a database by using standard catalogue numbers for poster etc

And now I am to believe that there is no push to set a uniform standard for editioning ethics?

Give me a break.... Thomas posted that stuff because he and I at the time probabaly agreed on one thing; there is a need to define editions and the editioning ethics.

None of these are 'set' rules or 'the law' ... for all I care an artist can do whatever he/she wants but with the caveat that if its drastically differs from these Tamarind rules that there is some form of public disclosure. Emek can release all the variants he wants but at least announce the runs before you put edition of 1/150 on your website knowing full well that there are 6 more unannounced editions of that same poster. Same for Pollock... renumber all you want and use overruns for AP's .... but make it public beforehand that that is your policy.

Thomas copied something from a book that is basically the rules for editioning within the printing industry. Tamarind sells this book on their website for $18 and it is VERY GOOD.... wether or not you agree with these rules you might want to pick up a copy because it will help you in your print collecting. I have had this book for many many years now and I still refer to it from time to time

and I dont care if the post is 3.5 years old.... I bet you that Thomas still stands behind that post... and if not he knows better than not to post something to distance himself from his post.

You know another good book (unfortunately sold out long time ago) ... THE TAMARIND BOOK OF LITHOGRAPHY ART & TECHNIQUES

get that book on ebay or used bookstore

and while you are at it.... research Tamarind and see what art they used to release in the past... they did some great stuff.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:58 pm

I don't know, I think all this crap has gotten out of control anyways. Artists doing 18 different variants, A/P's, etc... There all just cashing in, but it also brings up the point whats wrong with making a little money for the artist. I don't know, I guess it all depends on the artist and his morel values really.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm

phishbeatles wrote: morel values
mmmmmmm Morel Values Image
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:26 pm

MJBuck wrote:
LOL good one man!
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 pm

MJBuck wrote:
mmm tasty

I'll let Rene know that this morel poster I commissioned was a strict run of 50 pieces, and to my knowledge there are no extras, APs, unnumbered copies..etc...unless perhaps the artist kept a few, and any damaged in transit were not replaced!... :wink:

cushway
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks Yamar---at least you didn't laugh... I'm still trying to get all of this---. "Nother question----what does 'taper' mean?
I don't even know how I got to that this thread in any case....

Phil
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:14 pm

cushway wrote:Thanks Yamar---at least you didn't laugh... I'm still trying to get all of this---. "Nother question----what does 'taper' mean?
I don't even know how I got to that this thread in any case....

Phil
taper would pjtaper ... he be the guy that would be your best customer if you were selling Emek posters... then again he would also be the biggest pain in your ass bugging you multiple times a day and probably a prie example of retarded anal collectors that have now taken over the collecting community.