Hookup Thread Discussion

General art-related discussion.

Postby gonzo303 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:16 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:my head hurts. i try to purchase posters i'll try to frame or at least i buy posters i like.

Oh c'mon now I've been to your place, you've got a flat file.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Postby rubberneck on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:21 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:my head hurts. i try to purchase posters i'll try to frame or at least i buy posters i like.

I guess now you know where your bikes are, Scott...
rubberneck
Art Freak

Postby sidewaysscott on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:12 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
sidewaysscott
Art Freak

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby danebp on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 pm

finneganm wrote:
mike123230 wrote:
FlapJack wrote:
mike123230 wrote:I wish there was a way to monetize all you people that think the bubble is bursting.

Wouldn't the best way be to buy more posters as investments? :P

Maybe I can get them to short sell me posters :)

Sell protection on the posters, like a synthetic insurance product.

Here's an example in layman's terms: I think that the price of my Stout Star Wars Set is going to go down in the future, and I want to buy protection against that scenario. You think I'm crazy, and you're happy to take my money, so you say that if the average goes down x% over a set period of time, you have to pay me y amount for an upfront cost paid to you of z. If it goes down, you pay me, if it does not (or goes up in fact), you get to keep the upfront cost. Boom.

The synthetic Mondo market is going to be huge. :lights cigar with hundred dollar bill:

Finn, this could work. I work with derivatives and swaps for a Wall Street bank and I think we should securitize these Mondos - I'll get crackin' on it. Might not be enough coin involved in this market to make it fly - we just need to get a few hedge fund managers chasing Mondo drops instead of Monets and Renoirs and we'll be golden. I think we need some Mondo options and futures contracts, too. Oh, the possibilities...
danebp
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby someasiandude on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm

I have had the WORST luck with that Jurassic Park print....i have bought 2 copies from 2 different members and each time they arrived with a dent in the tube and creases all up on it...
someasiandude
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby SurfingJeff on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:02 pm

danebp wrote:
mike123230 wrote:I wish there was a way to monetize all you people that think the bubble is bursting.

Finn, this could work. I work with derivatives and swaps for a Wall Street bank and I think we should securitize these Mondos - I'll get crackin' on it. Might not be enough coin involved in this market to make it fly - we just need to get a few hedge fund managers chasing Mondo drops instead of Monets and Renoirs and we'll be golden. I think we need some Mondo options and futures contracts, too. Oh, the possibilities...

If we have hedge fund managers chasing Mondo drops, any concerns about the market crashing will evaporate. They would be buying collections at a time instead of picking off posters one by one.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

ImageT.H.C.

Postby danebp on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
danebp wrote:

If we have hedge fund managers chasing Mondo drops, any concerns about the market crashing will evaporate. They would be buying collections at a time instead of picking off posters one by one.

Exactly! I smell retirement just around the corner!
danebp
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby mike123230 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Everybody back off. This is mine and Finn's. Y'all, of course, are more than welcome to be initial investors. Remember, the first group of investors in a ponzi scheme always make out really well.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby danebp on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm

mike123230 wrote:Everybody back off. This is mine and Finn's. Y'all, of course, are more than welcome to be initial investors. Remember, the first group of investors in a ponzi scheme always make out really well.

Ok - I'd like to get in on the ground floor and I can be a henchman that recruits others. This could be bigger than Madoff if we play our cards right.
danebp
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby mike123230 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:09 am

danebp wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Everybody back off. This is mine and Finn's. Y'all, of course, are more than welcome to be initial investors. Remember, the first group of investors in a ponzi scheme always make out really well.

Ok - I'd like to get in on the ground floor and I can be a henchman that recruits others. This could be bigger than Madoff if we play our cards right.

That's the kind of can-do attitude we're looking for.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby gonzo303 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:45 am

rubberneck wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:

I brought them back when I left Denver. They weren't on the front porch?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Postby GarthMarenghi on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 am

SurfingJeff wrote:If we have hedge fund managers chasing Mondo drops, any concerns about the market crashing will evaporate. They would be buying collections at a time instead of picking off posters one by one.

Somebody on here sells the whole set of 23 TS/KT exhibition prints for $3K - at only $130/poster I think it's a good place to start!

Also, I would hereby like to apply for a position of first investor/market analyst/junior recruiter in the ponzi scheme. I watched a news bulletin on Bitcoins yesterday so I think I qualify.
GarthMarenghi
Art Connoisseur

Postby mrkyuss on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:20 am

rubberneck wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:

mrkyuss
Art God

President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.

Postby ThatsNotGlue on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 am

Surprised that Drac lasted for this long :shock:
ThatsNotGlue
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Not really.

Postby praxitas on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am

It actually sold late last night as I was heading to bed. It has a new home in Hawaii, I only wish I could fit in the tube and go with it...
praxitas
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion