General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 pm

So it goes...
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:41 am

Love it. Gold leaf the brown part of the frame lol.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Working on something new
esao wrote:Wip/detail. Blocking in color is one of my favorite things to do and often times think it looks more interesting then the final piece....We’ll see what happens on this one.
So it goes...
whatisee
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 am

who moderates the Esao collection? Been trying to add a couple skateboards of his without any luck
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 am

whatisee wrote:who moderates the Esao collection? Been trying to add a couple skateboards of his without any luck
I manage almost all of the new art submissions across the board. I get so much stuff in I don't remember yours exactly, but it's likely you were trying to add something that already existed in the DB. Be sure to search before trying to add new stuff. Feel free to message me if you think something you submitted was rejected, to find out why.
So it goes...
whatisee
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 am

mfaith wrote:
whatisee wrote:who moderates the Esao collection? Been trying to add a couple skateboards of his without any luck
I manage almost all of the new art submissions across the board. I get so much stuff in I don't remember yours exactly, but it's likely you were trying to add something that already existed in the DB. Be sure to search before trying to add new stuff. Feel free to message me if you think something you submitted was rejected, to find out why.
I've been around a minute if you notice my join date. I've added a couple Esao skateboards a couple times and they still haven't been listed. Maybe i"m looking in the wrong spot?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:30 am

whatisee wrote:
mfaith wrote:
I've been around a minute if you notice my join date. I've added a couple Esao skateboards a couple times and they still haven't been listed. Maybe i"m looking in the wrong spot?
Well, first of all, entering them "a couple of times" doesn't do any good. If it was rejected, it was rejected for a reason. Entering additional times is just going to receive the same treatment and waste both your and my time. As I said in the note if you're ever curious why something was rejected, message me and I'll look into it. The site used to notify people with rejection and acceptance emails back before the site issues started happening, which included notes about why it was rejected. Unfortunately that doesn't happen anymore, so easiest and most effective thing to do is message me.
So it goes...
whatisee
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:39 am

mfaith wrote:
whatisee wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Well, first of all, entering them "a couple of times" doesn't do any good. If it was rejected, it was rejected for a reason. Entering additional times is just going to receive the same treatment and waste both your and my time. As I said in the note if you're ever curious why something was rejected, message me and I'll look into it. The site used to notify people with rejection and acceptance emails back before the site issues started happening, which included notes about why it was rejected. Unfortunately that doesn't happen anymore, so easiest and most effective thing to do is message me.
Like you said if it doesn't tell you why it was rejected then how are you to now they were rejected? That's how things get entered more than once.

I've went ahead and sent a note to you
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

Fair point. However, now that I've been working the queue, things have been cleared out daily. So if a few days have gone by and you don't see what you submitted, assume it was rejected. In this case also using the correct process would have helped. For adding editions to existing entries, the correct method is to post in the Database Update Request Thread. FYI for future such cases. :pint:

These have now been added:

Image Image
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:22 pm

esao wrote:Any good restaurant suggestions? Going to Las Vegas for the first time ever next weekend and am participating in the Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival downtown Sept 21-23. Here’s part of a painting titled “Wino” that’s in it. Should be fun!
#crimeoncanvas #lifeisbeautiful #mmoderngallery @lifeisbeautiful @mmoderngallery
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Can't believe he's neva been considering how close he lives.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 pm

esao wrote:Crop of a painting titled “The Lookout” soon to be up at the Lancaster Museum of Art and History. Opening October 21st for the show: #thenewvanguard2018 curated by #thinkspacegallery #moahlancaster
So it goes...
glassonfire
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:35 pm

This piece is gorgeous. Great size as well.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm

why is the mat area on the bottom bigger than the mat area on the top?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

I believe it's called weighting the mat. Don't see it much within the hobby that I know of but it isn't unheard of in framing in general.

Edit: here's a link with some explanation
https://www.framedestination.com/blog/r ... olden-mean
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH