Spoke Art x the Castro Theatre

General art-related discussion.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:11 pm

WEll I was on the fence, but not any more. just bought them. I was aiming to get the last set ! I wonder?
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm

And now sold out of the sets.
Dario33
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Surprised these lasted nearly a week. Anyway, congrats on the sellout.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Got these today damaged, and the red seems super blotchy with white scuff marks all over it. Extremely disappointed with the quality of these.

Anyone have problems with spokeart before how are they with resolving issues?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mcnail wrote:Perhaps you should find a new hobby. I hear pogs are coming back.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm sure just sending them and email will resolve the issue...
Image _ Image
Dario33
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

The pic of the print on Spoke-Art's site looks splotchy too -- my guess is that this was intended/expected. FYI, mine arrived today and is also 'splotchy'.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Dario33 wrote:The pic of the print on Spoke-Art's site looks splotchy too -- my guess is that this was intended/expected. FYI, mine arrived today and is also 'splotchy'.

you're right it does I never noticed it, but it just does not look like it was meant for it to do that (can't complain though), but I have other dings and dents on mine as well
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 pm

jwoods wrote:
Dario33 wrote:The pic of the print on Spoke-Art's site looks splotchy too -- my guess is that this was intended/expected. FYI, mine arrived today and is also 'splotchy'.

you're right it does I never noticed it, but it just does not look like it was meant for it to do that (can't complain though), but I have other dings and dents on mine as well
Hey guys,

I have all of Max's Spoke prints, and I think I know exactly what you're referring to. What you're seeing is kind of a mottled, marbled look to some of the colored areas, right? It's intentional. These are giclees, and they allow Max the latitude to play with the colour texture a little. The overall look is different from the usual flat colors of a screen print, if you're more accustomed to those.

Also, Spoke has been using a really high quality off-white/cream paper stock for a lot of Max's prints, and that also has a bit of a marbled quality to it. Looking at it, you might wonder if the paper is stained or creased, but look closely and you'll see it just a variation in the paper colour.

I also just received my Bond set today. Both prints arrived in perfect condition. Really really nice looking set!
Mrcort
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2012 5:45 pm

sorry couldnt figure out how to flip it right side up.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2012 6:06 pm

they look good - I am hoping mine arrive soon - and for neck exercises/tilting your head I suggest this site. :wink:

http://www.beachtomato.com/53626/neck-exercises/ it is SFW
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Bob ryan does not approve :lol:
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Anyone going to see predator and the thing tonight?
***ken are you guys going to have posters for to tonight?
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 pm

piratesprayer wrote:Anyone going to see predator and the thing tonight?
***ken are you guys going to have posters for to tonight?
Now that's a double feature!
Ken
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

jwoods wrote:Got these today damaged, and the red seems super blotchy with white scuff marks all over it. Extremely disappointed with the quality of these.

Hey JWoods,
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the quality of the print! We actually take great pride in both our printing and our customer service, so if you haven't shot us an email yet, please do so!
It's funny how many emails we've received from folks thinking that their Dalton's arrived damaged, many can't seem to understand that the design is meant to appear weathered!

In regards to the Predator/Thing Screening, that's part of the Midnights For Maniacs series, which is curated by a third party so we'd have to figure it out with them (we're working on it!) Won't be able to participate in their screening this month, but we still have three releases planned for May, so stay tuned!
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Ken wrote:
jwoods wrote:Got these today damaged, and the red seems super blotchy with white scuff marks all over it. Extremely disappointed with the quality of these.

Hey JWoods,
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the quality of the print! We actually take great pride in both our printing and our customer service, so if you haven't shot us an email yet, please do so!
It's funny how many emails we've received from folks thinking that their Dalton's arrived damaged, many can't seem to understand that the design is meant to appear weathered!
Ken,

sorry forgot to post this, but you/they took care of me seamlessly. I spoke with Peter and he was nothing but accommodating. great service.

thanks again.