NoseSpray Shenanigans

General art-related discussion.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:54 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Also if you are worried about "net profit" the hook up thread is not a good place for that.
That's fine. But I thought it went the other way around too? I got multiple lowball offers on top of my already low prices. Shouldn't the buyers also understand that hookup thread prices are basically set prices (since they're usually so low) and the seller posted in there to NOT have to negotiate?
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

NoseSpray wrote:Some of these prints are EASILY able to be copied. I could sell fraudulent copies of prints all day long for cash and walk away like nothing happened.
He's really drymounting good at this. Honestly had me going for a few minutes there. Well done!
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

srdzevon wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:
srdzevon wrote:Rupe, you're telling me that even if it was ME, you would tell them not to pay with a gift?
I don't know how to answer this question without breaking your heart. I love the way your eyes sparkle under these lights. Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?
The answer was yes. You passed, but just barely.
Yes, yes, yes!
this aggression will not stand, man.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

NoseSpray wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:Also if you are worried about "net profit" the hook up thread is not a good place for that.
That's fine. But I thought it went the other way around too? I got multiple lowball offers on top of my already low prices. Shouldn't the buyers also understand that hookup thread prices are basically set prices (since they're usually so low) and the seller posted in there to NOT have to negotiate?
But then saying add on 30 more dollars is not a set price.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
srdzevon
Art Expert

RupertPupkin wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:
srdzevon wrote:Rupe, you're telling me that even if it was ME, you would tell them not to pay with a gift?
I don't know how to answer this question without breaking your heart. I love the way your eyes sparkle under these lights. Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?
The answer was yes. You passed, but just barely.
Yes, yes, yes!
Flatery will get you everywhere...
ImageX5 Hodor Image
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:58 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:Some of these prints are EASILY able to be copied. I could sell fraudulent copies of prints all day long for cash and walk away like nothing happened.
He's really drymounting good at this. Honestly had me going for a few minutes there. Well done!
Artists and print shops aren't the only ones who know how to screen print. Not saying I do that, but think about it...it's one of the easiest things in the world to do. All you need is a nice JPEG, or any image, and convert it to vector graphics. Make screens and boom, you have a copy.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:59 pm

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
charter
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:00 pm

NoseSpray wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:Also, who said I'm still asking for gift? I'm not. It was literally a two-time deal because of the low prices. I was looking at my net profit. I did the deal with dsanacore non-gift.... :roll:
Well why didn't you say so earlier!
two different people said they offered to pay more and you didnt want to. You wanted a gift
No, again, stop twisting it. I accepted an offer - GIFT OR NOT - before itsame came back with any counter offer. Then, when I said it was already sold (basically), he got pissy and told me he already has two Clusters anyway. PS: flippers are frowned upon, but hoarders (to flip later) aren't? HA!

Then, someone else said he wouldn't do gift. I gave him a "ok tack on $30" and then he got pissy because it wasn't what he wanted. Whether the $30 was "reasonable" or not is not the subject at hand. That is my choice.
A 10% markup when PayPal fees are 3% is stupid. I didnt mind covering fees, that's perfectly fine, but when you advertise $275 and then want $300 to cover fees then well...drymount off.

You are more than welcome to my Moss Star Wars for $150.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:
But then saying add on 30 more dollars is not a set price.
I agree with that. Valid point. However, when I get a PM and I respond asking if they're cool with sending via gift, that doesn't mean anything. I set my prices, expecting to get that. It doesn't hurt to ask for gift (or as much money you can get, no matter your tactic). Worst that happens is someone says "no." So then, I say tack on an extra $30...that's it. Dude got pissed that I wanted $30 extra. Who cares though? That's my choice. Maybe I just didn't want to do business with the guy so I highballed him? What I want to sell my goods for is my business. You can all have your opinions as you're entitled. However, what I want is what I want. No if's and's or but's about it. Like it or hate it, it is what it is.

Whatever the case may be, now you're showing your true colors and trying to pick apart anything I say. That's not what this is about.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Why would anyone foe this guy? He is hilarious!
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:03 pm

itsame wrote:i would just foe him but these posts are solid gold!
Bandwagon'd ftw. :D

Edit: you're like the little kid in the gang of bullies that hardly says anything and chimes in once in a while to look cool. I dig your style. :roll:
Last edited by NoseSpray on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:03 pm

itsame wrote:i would just foe him but these posts are solid gold!
Wawaad
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 pm

MORE MORE MORE MORE
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

I Want a gift payment now, because I want it.
ww_053.jpg
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:I Want a gift payment now, because I want it.
ww_053.jpg
Now you're grasping it...kind of.