G88 Breaking Bad ARG/Gallery SHOW?!?!? (RUMOR)

General art-related discussion.
sonny
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Soooooo...... Mike Mitchell is never going to release AP's of "The Cooks", is he?
:(
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm

lsmith55 wrote:You might be too into Breaking Bad when...

Every time that i hear a car horn alarm going off, I think someone got into a shootout with twin Mexican assassins.
You tolerate going into the relevant EB art thread, despite the amount of idiots posting in there lately...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm

rubberneck wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:You might be too into Breaking Bad when...

Every time that i hear a car horn alarm going off, I think someone got into a shootout with twin Mexican assassins.
You tolerate going into the relevant EB art thread, despite the amount of idiots posting in there lately...
:rolling:
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:52 pm

DrLoomis3 wrote:
phips wrote:
DrLoomis3 wrote: Breaking Bad is in NO WAY losing money on this person creating these prints. He's not bootlegging the DVD's and potentially killing off sales of the DVD. Yes, he is making money off of inspired prints. Deal with it, stop being so defensive. Go call Vince if it's getting your panties so twisted.
Um, actually they are. Seeing as thus guy would normally need to pay for a license, and he's not, AMC (and therefore BB) is losing money.
your defense is fudge....but, the fact that you don't care it is illegal is fine. but don't try to make it sound like this guy isn't doing something wrong.
No, you see, that's where you're wrong. By this person making an illustration, no funds are leaving the pockets of anyone working with Breaking Bad. Potential funds =/= lost funds. Yes, the person should have gotten permission, and no, it isn't right that they made this print. But I think 30 bucks is worth it for this peice of art reguardless of it's legality. Am I going to cry and piss and moan like everyone seems to be doing here?

I'm sure all of you who are so adamant about this peice's illegality have NEVER broken a law, or downloaded a song illegally, or a movie, or a TV show, etc. Stop acting high and mighty like you're all the moral example for the rest of the world.
again, I'm sorry you and others seem to be getting upset. I'm just trying to get at an issue that I believe is important to the industry as a whole, and want to understand where the buyers are coming from. Certainly don't think I'm crying, pissing, moaning or trolling. I'm trying to have a civil discussion.

Perhaps that sort of arguing -- the productive sort -- does more for thought and the industry than a straight "this rules!" or "this blows."

Or perhaps not. But that's my intention.
not dead
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Image
dude, you seriously don't think these are legitimate questions?
not dead
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:Image
dude, you seriously think this deserves its own thread?
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

isunktheship
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Hot pics biscocrack
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
Sceazy
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 pm

ColdSore I completely get where you're coming from and I think you have a valid point, I think you're taking it to the extreme, but its nonetheless valid. I for one could care less, and I believe AMC and the creators of Breaking Bad really don't care about a poster being released at an edition of 100 that really, considering the bigger picture, will in no way harm the revenue the show generates.

On another note I got my Perillo in today and its awesome! I really like the paper he chose to print it on and he shipped it in a huge tube so its basically already laying flat. Still one of my favorites from the whole series.
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
isunktheship
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Sceazy wrote:On another note I got my Perillo in today and its awesome! I really like the paper he chose to print it on and he shipped it in a huge tube so its basically already laying flat. Still one of my favorites from the whole series.
I've got the receipt for this on my paypal, just can't find where the tracking is, was there an email sent? :?
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
Sceazy
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm

isunktheship wrote:
Sceazy wrote:On another note I got my Perillo in today and its awesome! I really like the paper he chose to print it on and he shipped it in a huge tube so its basically already laying flat. Still one of my favorites from the whole series.
I've got the receipt for this on my paypal, just can't find where the tracking is, was there an email sent? :?
I never received shipping notification, or a tracking number. You and I aren't very far away in relation to where its been shipped from so I'm sure yours is going to arrive soon.
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Sceazy wrote:ColdSore I completely get where you're coming from and I think you have a valid point, I think you're taking it to the extreme, but its nonetheless valid. I for one could care less, and I believe AMC and the creators of Breaking Bad really don't care about a poster being released at an edition of 100 that really, considering the bigger picture, will in no way harm the revenue the show generates.

On another note I got my Perillo in today and its awesome! I really like the paper he chose to print it on and he shipped it in a huge tube so its basically already laying flat. Still one of my favorites from the whole series.

fair enough. thanks for responding.
not dead
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I think the whole discussion about copyright is interesting when it comes to art. Would really like to talk to someone who has a law degree in it, because it seems to me that a lot of it may fall into the same world that fair use and documentary filmmaking falls into. Do galleries secure rights for likenesses etc. when they do big shows concerning licensed properties? Could really be an interesting discussion, that I believe has its own thread, but the personal stuff gets in the way of a productive conversation!

Also, if anyone is still looking for some of the BreakingGifs prints, I have a few I need to sell to secure a big ISO!!

Here is the thread, at the bottom, all prices are shipped, feel free to PM any questions!!
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=96644
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS